Sup Sup Forums what are you playing these days? (mmo wise)

Sup Sup Forums what are you playing these days? (mmo wise)

trying out GW2 again, the elite specs at 80 look badass, although playing LoL in between.

need something good to keep my attention, GW looks cool at cap but the mid game is super slow.

Warframe. Shooter mmo, fun gameplay and you don't have to pay if you grind like a bastard.

Inded

I played a little a long time ago when it was in beta, im not a huge fan of futuristic stuff but I'll take another look at it.

My brother played Mabinoji until it started consuming his life. He replaced that fanatical obsession by becoming a Jehovah's Witness. He has an addictive personality and tends to get WAY too into whatever he's focused on. Fun fact, a lot of religious converts have had severe problems with addiction!

fun fact

BDO all day

Blade and soul here,

I've been jumping between alot of games but BnS has been the main one I've been playing recently. Too many shit updates on other mmorpg's.

Warframe. Fucktons of Warframe.

What he said.

BDO drove me crazy, I played for about 4 hours with 0 direction besides the satan ball telling me to mass murder.

BnS was pretty cool but I couldn't find a class that fit my playstyle, the armor system was weird but in a cool way

tbh It's not an MMO. I don't really see any MMO components other than the trading, and chat systems, relay's too... I guess. It's really very fun, but calling it an MMO I think is quite a stretch.

RUNESCAPE

Definitely do. It's still technically in beta, but they've made big changes recently.

I think that's the number one good thing about the game and its developers - they're constantly working with the community to improve the game, adding content and making changes on a weekly basis. It's fantastic.

no one ever really leaves runescape

I disagree. I can see your point, but when we have massive community goals like in the Acolyte event and Fomorians, when most information is discovered by the community, and when I've played with at least a thousand different players in various missions... I think it counts as an MMO. I recognize it's a bit of a stretch, but the only way it stays alive is because of that first M - "Massive." It's a massive community. In fact, let's go through the list:

>Massive
Yeppers.
>Multiplayer
Yuh-huh.
>Online
For sure.
>Role-Playing Game
Yeppidy-doo-dah.

I played nostalrius for a while, lost my T2 rogue and my guild moved to Kronos and i was done with vanilla, I hate going back to WoW even the glory days.

Lotro anyone?

does that shit still exist?

yes

props to turbine for sticking it out this long

wildstar is the best MMO out there

best free to play model, best combat

biggest flaw: the population isn't huge

devs continuously murdernerf necros, gw2 is ass

bns was ass, dated graphics, should have come out several years ago tbh..

are you fucking serious? im playing a necro now and I really wanted to play reaper.
fuck

i liked wildstar... but ultimately it was ASS and i went back to gw2, which was ass, so i went back to warframe, which was fun until i ran out of money, then it became... you guessed it.. boring, so now idkwtf to do, went back to skyrim, but i modded it to the point where it feels like complete and utter ASS

graphics don't really matter to me, the gameplay was good. the biggest issue I had with BnS was the lack of the trinity, every new MMO is on about this "you dont need traditional classes" bullshit these days.

"We added a new reaper class, the reaper will make chill do damage, and even more damage when the enemy's below 50% health" months later "we removed the ability to do chill damage, now it just applies a stack of bleed, and we all know how shitty bleeds stack when in a group"

fuck me, reaper was the one class i really wanted to play.

gravedigger or whatever is still op though, without a proper power build i pull 16k a hit, which... with a proper speed and hybrid build can be outdpsed by reaper shroud auto attack

dont get me wrong, it's still one of the tankiest classes, with fair dps, but but unless im running condition i get shrekt by a dragon hunter

i hear ele's elite is fun, some guy damn near busted a nut from excitement so i mean it's gotta be worth takin a look at right?

Gw2 is pretty good except for the annoying ass dialogue system, hated how it went I to a while mini cutscene every time you talked to an npc, I don't recall there being a way to change it in setting gs either, if it wasn't for that I'd like other a lot more

real talk tho, right now my current games are dfo, gw2, skyrim, witcher 3, wf, destiny, fo4, the witch and the hundred knight, something else... was thinking about getting back in to eso tho

It went into a mini*, typing on phone

Adventure Quest Worlds when i feel like chilling.

i really liked FF14 (even though the GCD was 2.5 seconds) had a ton of cool shit, but im a broke ass charlie and cant afford that $12/mo

Death by auto correct

An mmo typically requires that the players actually come in contact with eachother on the massive scale. Warframe is based around 4-man instanced dungeons which isn't typically considered an mmo format.

You could make the same argument about TF2 being a moba.

>Multiplayer
Yes
>Online
Yes
>Battle
Yes
>Arena
Yes

Let's be honest,Habbo Hotel is where it's at.

Just got back to AQW after 6 years.

That game is fucking dying.

Are you fucking retarded?
Massive? yep
Multiplayer? yep
Online? yep
MMO isnt just your special definition you fucking retard

quit runescape in like 2005 trying out rs3 now boy have things changed, just got my def to 50 so im gonna go kill some shit so i can wear better tops

Yeah, same, someone hacked my account in 2014 though i dont have a password that is even remotely close to being a word therefor harder to crack. anyways ive been chilling with some new friends lately on safaria. Im on right now actually

-Battleon Tavern

>not massive
>relays
Yelp. ya still fail

I just demonstrated that taking each word seperately and using their independent definitions doesn't work and isn't how genres are defined.

Is TF2 an RTS?
>Real-Time
Yes
>Strategy
Yes

Therefore, TF2 is a moba and an rts.

this is true, can confirm as playing right now

Kronos II vanilla wow server.

You mean the thing where you and Some Random NPC are standing on the opposite sides of the screen like some awkward 1st grade play? Yeh, that has essentially been removed with HoT. Dialogue either occurs in world (i.e., char talks to your char while you're running/moving), or in full FMVs. Anet realized their 'artistic' style just looked unpolished.

stop playing mmos and stick to your FPSs and MOBAs fucking faggot

is it pay to win?

>A single instance based around talking to NPCs but has a higher playercap since you can't actually play the game or do anything there

Also the playercap on each instance isn't nearly high enough to be called massive

>Muh MMO secret club
Kill yourself neckbeard faggot

Bitch please

lost my T2 rogue on nost, not doing it again.

except it's not massive you moron. 10 people is multiplayer not massive multiplayer.

I swear fucking newfags try to ruin every thing they touch.

Oh that's pretty cool, might have to re-download then and check it out, haven't played in a few years

i play cs:go and LoL on the side, they aren't really worth keeping as a main game imo

This

War Thunder since years

trying to get a thread going on /vg/ but nobody plays this game apparently

It is talking about the player base itself you ignorant faggot
Massive amount of player base, multiplayer and online?
ITS AN MMO

Reaper's still pretty fun, and as says, it can be absurdly hard to kill if traited right.

Ele elite can be kinda fun. I'm pretty nub with it, so I won't say too much, but the attunement overloads (which are sorta like very low power elites) are an interesting mechanic.

Thanks for proving my point. That's not what it means you fucking idiot. Only you dumbass 12 yr olds started thinking that the last few years and just flat out refuse to learn the difference.

I just can't stop playing Smite...
Like 8-10hs a day, fuck my life.

I thought Massive Multiplayer meant the players were all fat.

>Wildstar
sucks.
>BDO
really sucks.
>Blade & Soul
fuck me in the ass this game is boring
>LoL
Good for like 1 game
>Overwatch
Starting to get boring, was fun for like a week
>FFXIV
Was good until heaven whatever and then it went to shit, way to fucking kill the game square
>Tera
Its okay if you have friends and like to fucking pvp all day
>Skyforge
Good but you need them sheckles and lots of them to do anything don't forget no matter how many sheckles you put in you still hit the credit limit
>GW2
Looks old as fuck, why would you play it
>WoW
Still going?

No one has ever used Massively to refer to the playerbase, it's always about the scale of interaction within the game.

When the genre was new, it was Massively-Multiplayer instead of your 'Massive AND Multiplayer' because it was referring explicilty to how much multiplayer interaction there was.

ikr i was same like 1 year ago...

TERA was fun, none of my friends want to play though, cocksuckers

Oh, and regarding reaper: you get to insult stuff and then whack it with a stick. So if that's your thing...

I've actually never found berserker (war elite spec) terribly interesting
>inb4 thats cause u suk
as it doesn't really add a new 'feel' the warrior: just more Loldmg.

>>GW2
>Looks old as fuck

nigga wut?

>Everything's boring
>Old is boring!
How's 5th grade?

Same here bro. I love the game to shit and no matter what other games I get in to I always just gravitate back to smite

Dropped ff14 a couple months ago cause it got repetitive. Kinda miss the comfiness and chilling with my fc though. Gonna resub if they release another expansion.

Reaper looked the most fun, I played the shit out of enh shaman in WoW and i love that melee caster playstyle, reaper seemed similar to that.

Definitions change over time, were you never taught this in school? Probably never made it past the 10th grade did ya? Uneducated faggots

you forgot archeage

Oh dude this is so much me.
No matter what I do, what I get into, I get back like a bitch. Dude I try, I try to play other things but I just quit and open the launcher just like that.
Goddamit, I'm losing time and money but I can't fucking quit it... I need help.

Im actually just about to hop on. Whats your name, ill add you up. I have like 3 friends that play.

it still hasnt changed except to you retards that refuse to learn. Point proven again

You are right, I certainly did.

P2W

Aw are you buttmad that someone didn't like a game that you like? Opinions man, opinions

thanks mate, but I just got off after hours of RB ground 6.7

fucking KT spam made me salty af

And where is your proof behind this statement? I would like to see it.

Oo fuck i feel you there.

No, my point was that your comment about every single MMO was exactly the same: "it's boring". I'm sorry you're so autastic that you mistook that for 'buttmad'.

Different person dude, I'm not the guy who replied, I don't care what you think

not at all

the only things you gain through real money is cosmetic, or essentially boosts (signature players get more exp/gold/rep)

Try out tree of savior if you havent yet

You can't have the same opinions about different games? What kind of autistic shit is that?
You are clearly butthurt you fucking faggot.

Okay buddy. :)

and after you kill their 3 KTs which they were able to spawn in with 1000 points they get into a kugel and murderize you to death anyway

Oh, and by the way. I'm not the person who commented that each of those games are boring, i'm just calling you out on your retarded bullshit.