So atheist anons, is life is worth living? Let's discuss

So atheist anons, is life is worth living? Let's discuss

>is life is worth living

Atheists. Too stupid to use proper grammar.

Shut the fuck up

Nope. And im too pussy to pull the trigger. I would if I believed in an afterlife honestly. Sometimes I wish I still believed that shit.

Religion leaves a gap in your identity

I thought about killing myself from the age of 15-19. Decided I wasn't a redundant human being. Have a few goals in life.

Not even a little bit, and I'm not even an atheist. I was raised Jewish and while I don't practice ever and don't plan to ever start again, I don't COMPLETELY write off the possibility of God. I simply just don't care enough to bother thinking about it.

I've attempted suicide twice in my younger years, back in 2010, but now I won't do it anymore, no matter how depressed I get. I'm living now almost strictly for my niece. I know how much it would fuck her up if I offed myself right now, she's too young to understand, so I hold on for her. Maybe one day when she's capable of logic and independent thought I'll let go, but for now, for her, not yet.

Im here for you bro. Been there done that

What's your goals short term?

If the enjoyment outweighs the misery, sure it is. If the misery outweighs the enjoyment then you're doing it wrong.

Get a good paying job and move out of my cesspool of a home. I turn 20 in a few weeks so the time is approaching.
My brother wanted to get out so bad he joined the military at 17 and found himself in Iraq a little less than a year later.

Living at home with a drunken senile father and a manipulative religious bitch of a mother is the bane of my existence.

Depression is like shockingly close to being in love. Every time it's the same dose of chemicals. And with luck, each time is a bit more manageable.

Hedonism is overrated. I think mass consumption's natural course is refinement - art. Perspective is more important than the subject.

Probably oil based paint... oil for those shit plastic flowers... fossil fuels in the fucking short bus they rode to get there.

On the bright side she's got some spare fat to burn by the look of those starts of back rolls she's got going.

That question was directed at atheists, not a declaration of.

I don't think anything that causes enjoyment can be classed as overrated. Life is about making yourself happy.

It wasn't. I know because it was me. I fucked up.

Thanks though

You mean science, art, philosophy, history, the beauty of the natural world and the transcendent glory of the female body, or even the sensual pleasures of vice, may not be self apparent reasons to enjoy the unique and all too fleetingly brief experiences of being and self awareness?

I'm a nihilist dude, I do genuinely believe all human endeavor is ultimately destined to failure and that pain is intrinsic to the human condition... Doesn't mean the fight isn't worth it man, fuck, the one choice we get to make is how we make our way into oblivion... I loved and was loved man, against all fucking odds in this hellish existence... And still, it's worth it having to live, even with knowing my terrible chopices robbed me of the most sublime of human experiences...

ofc, op.
Sun and moon news on thursday. If it's good, I won't an hero.

Wrong, Life is about making your government happy. NOW OBEY AND BUY SHIT YOU DON'T NEED WITH MONEY YOU DON'T HAVE!

if i was atheist then i would think life would literally be the only thing worth doing

If that's how you look at things, that's your problem.

Im just happy that the statement I made was grammaticality correct. I pat myself on the back so hard I'll feel like a hero for the next few week.

Yes. It's interesting and there's nothing to lose. As an atheist I think we're free to throw ourselves into life or not if we want to.

Weeks*

ayyy. same here, user. gen 7 better be the shit

Are we free? It is a comforting illusion, certainly...

I guess that makes sense if you don't overthink it.

I feel like most people don't think about death simply because they are preoccupied with their day to day activities

it's called sarcasm... I thought that was obvious via capslock

What's the point in worrying about things you can't change?
Oh, okay.

/thread

OP here again

What you guys seem to be saying that life comes down to basic, non-intellectual pleasure. And the rest, after accepting nihilism, just don't have the balls to give Darwin a hand.

Maybe we are "free" maybe not. I'm saying there's no way for me to value one persons life and choices over another and I'm free from rules of existence to experience the world as it comes naturally to me.

/thread

I could walk you through the basic belief system I drew up?

I choose to disregard guilt, regret, or being impotent. Do your best and work towards what you want. That's all anyone should ever expect of you, right?

Seems like a pretty sound belief and if it works for you then good luck to you.

Essentially the big delusion driving me is that humanity is worth it. When people thrive, it's beautiful to be a part of. It's a genuine pleasure to serve and lead progress.

Thanks. Best of luck to you and your own journey user

no

An hero then

Or don't. This is an open conversation

The point of this thread is for us to share our raison de'tre.

Whatever's out there can't or won't help us right now. It's a planet of evolved apes that can't get along. It doesn't matter if you get fucked today or die happy. So why run the circuit? Logically, we're dependent on some misunderstanding or holy quest. What's yours?

Lol you're stupid enough to think that religion makes life any more worth living?wow you need to work on some shit

>given the chance
How would we respond to whether us coming by chance is a good thing or bad thing? That it therefore should be cherished some how? Perhaps living a hedonist lifestyle should be another comic that should be written. The explanation to why everything is pointless. It's not "keeping your chin up" that aids someone to optimism. Its realizing there is no reason for optimism and reflecting on that trivia will bring you a little closer to reality.

Life worth living: yes of course, since you got the chance to be alive you might as well do the most of it, you sure as shit won't get a second try.

Point of living: non at all, the biological point of keeping your race alive has been invalid for hundreds of years by now, the human race has spread way to far, the most selfish thing you can do is to have kids.

I make art. The art world is pretty much the only one where absolute free expression is encouraged and appreciated.

I suspect many Sup Forumstards' grand purpose in life is to ask out some girl who tolerates them

Being depressed is pathetic

>have 1 life
>decide to spend it feeling sorry for yourself
Whats that quote, repeating and expecting different outcomes is the definition of insanity, well then maybe the whole feel sorry wait for someone to lift your life up isn't such a good idea and you should try making yourself happy

Christians too stupid to know the difference. To know it's one of their kind.

>have infinite lives
>stuck in nascense with monkeys who leave it after 1 go
>sick of having to explain it to monkeys
>write book
>monkeys just use it as a guide to fuck
>still stuck in nascence for eternity

What keeps you going then? I agree that resenting your life is a waste of time. However, as someone already mentioned Empty optimism is an insubstantial purpose.

"If I maintain a good attitude, my experience of life will be good" Well, you aren't wrong.

Cool, dude. That's the reason I fell in love with Sup Forums in the first place.

What else is there to do?

Thanks for participating anons. I honestly just wanted to know how other people settle their existential doubts as opposed to an hero-ing

The common answer appears to be ambivalence. The most human of all responses. OK...

Since they think there's nothing after they die, atheists have more of a reason to live than anyone.

Sorry? What do you mean

Uhhhh, do they? I mean dogs enjoy food and the outdoors, but they can't exactly attain "spiritual fulfillment" can they

Can humans?

Having a reason to DIE is more satisfying than treating life like the last day before the theme park closes

>muh identity forming activities

>Having a reason to DIE
How edgy can you get? Life's finitude is what gives it meaning. It's incredibly dangerous to have people around us who truly believe they're going to live forever. They don't value their own lives, and they don't value the lives of others.

This is why I don't trust religious people.