I'm practically a professionally hot sauce eater and I can verify that Sriracha is a shitty sauce. I hate it...

I'm practically a professionally hot sauce eater and I can verify that Sriracha is a shitty sauce. I hate it. That weirdly off putting sweet note that it has always makes it tasted spoiled. I think less of people that like it.

ITT: Post your favorite hot sauce.

Where are you from op?

Wasabi, though it's not a sauce. Nothing compares to the intensity and flavour

Also srirachi is good stuff for cooking chilis and shit. But it goes IN the food, not on it

Sriracha is actually not bad, if you make it better yourself. I mix it with other shit and voila it's good.

Southwest America. Sriracha also has no heat. It's an all around annoying hot sauce.

my current fav

Texas pete

not bad for some applications, actually.

as an ingredient, I might agree with you.

You have to get the kind that comes in a jar. Its not sweet and way hotter.

Sooo fucking good!

Also not as hot as you would think!

Sambal oelek is the name

>Southwest america
>Professional sauce taster

If youre not mexican youre not pro

Not OP, but also hot sauce connoisseur. My favorites are typically habanero-based sauces. So good.

Also, fuck you OP. Sriracha might be for filthy hot-sauce casuals, but that doesn't mean it's no good. It's pretty fucking bomb in a lot of cooking recipes

this shit is awesome

People who like hot sauce are the culinary equivalent of people who only listen to dubstep or ride stock harleys.

Not only do you like bland, flavorless capsaicin water that only tastes like pain and vinegar, you pride yourself on it like the ability to put shit in your mouth is an achievement.

Spicy is good; nothing but spicy is wasted ingredients.

>inb4 muh pain tolerance

Muh nigga. I just ordered two cases of mix and match hot sauces, seasonings, and dried peppers from HotShots as well as a few items from Blair's website. I had to go directly to Blair's because his stuff is so popular that it's often sold out on my wholesale website. Also, pic related - this stuff is an insanely good combo of heat/flavor.

Ok then what is your favorite?

Mine is tapatío

I was on the island of St. Kitts in the Caribbean one time and went to the tourist part of the island. there was this extremely old woman there. she literally had canyons in her face the wrinkles were so bad. But like out of a bad horror movie she had a stand with hot sauce there. Naturally I bought one. it was the most fucking delicious sauce I have ever eaten in my life. I put FOUR SMALL DROPS of it in some chili I ate, it took me an hour to dig through because it was so spicy hot.

My brother got me that and it's pretty good when used sparingly. My friends and I used it to make really spicy bloody marys for a Mountaineer game a few Octobers ago. My only complaint is that style of cap gets little bits of the extract everywhere and don't want that in your eyes or on your dick. I've had it in/on both and it fucking sucks.

> not making your own
Fucking weaboos

It's not hot sauce, it's just a hot chilli sauce.

1/10

Thinking horseradish is wasabi

if you find yourself in florida, find some of this

>Mexican
>Pro
Pick one also all Mexican hot sauce is garbage.

Agreed with OP but it can be good sometimes
Tobasco on the other hand is shit no matter what

Currently really addicted to the blazing sauce at Buffalo wild wings and the mango habanero

I really love the taste of habanero... any recs?

I go for flavor more than heat, and I love this stuff and it has just the right amount of heat that I can spread it over a sandwich and still be very bearable. What are your thoughts? Do I have shit taste?

My favourites are Tabasco Habanero and Crystal Hot Sauce.
I like hot sauce on sardines, avocado and fried eggs on toast, any sandwich with tomato, mixed with sour cream as a dip or for adding to mexican food.

Tabasco Habanero

>We mix juicy papaya and mango with our habanero peppers—plus onion, garlic and other natural flavors—to create a fruity, Jamaican style blend.

My nigga

hmm, i quite like sriracha tbqh but i am no expert.

Depends on the dish. Tapatio is good stuff as an all around general hot sauce. It's the same tier as Frank's or Louisiana hot sauce.

If it's a creole dish Tabasco is my usual go to, but anything heavy on the vinegar will do. Mexican food usually gets Texas Pete.

Frank's is probably my current fav all-purpose sauce atm.

These are all pretty generic low-tier heat sauces, which I don't mind. That said, if I have good stuff available, I'll use it till it's gone.

Oh, also El Yucateca is my favorite easily available next-tier hot sauce that's not Blair's or something I have to order off for.

Cholula.

I love Cholula for breakfast especially good on eggs.