It's late night here, I'm walking around the empty streets trying to ignore my responsabilities...

It's late night here, I'm walking around the empty streets trying to ignore my responsabilities. What is Sup Forums up to?

Seems fun.
Eurofag here, trying not to fall asleep.

We can't run from ourselves.

Where are you stumbling about mate?
I'm firing up a joint and with a headache from a 9 hour nap. It's been a decent day. How about yours?

I'm going through a lot of shit lately, have a ton to work to do. When stuff like this comes through I kind of feel alone. It's not someting I dislike but I sometimes wonder if this is where I really wanted to end up

Sounds fucked up. What kind of shit?

I think we all feel alone at some point mostly because we are. It doesn't have to be a bad thing, it's just a sad truth.

Anyway, what's up? what worries you?

Atm I'm both studying psychology at uni and working for a local Paper to get some moneys for rent. Working has set me behind on the studies and more than often I find myself busy all day. In my free time I'd like to hang out with my gf and some of my friends but shit's hard. She lives in another city and I haven't seen her for 2 months now (mostly cause i have zero time). My friends are cool but basically they started treating me as their therapist which is fine and all but it stresses me out even more.

Well, it sounds stressful but at least it leads somewhere. I'm a law student, I haven't had to work to afford living while studying but I can see how it might put pressure on you. Are you managing all right with the money you get?

I broke up a 5 year old relationship after being in your position for 2 of them. I could tell you that if you both want to, a LDR is doable, but at this point I can't really summon that courage. Why do you stay with her?

Me again, cool village bro. Country?

Because I love her. I don't really find anything intresting in other girls other than sexual attraction. But she's something else. Btw I dom't know about the place where you live but being a law student here provides you a solid future. Even though sometimes reasons and motivation seem to fade, keep giving your 100. One day You'll be proud of yourself.

Small village in the Nothern Italy

That meme about your psychology friend being your therapist just exhausts me. Not to bully on you m8, I'm sure you are a decent guy, but I just don't see how useful your opinion about your friends issues is when compared to anybody else's when the only difference between you and anyone else is about 15 psych classes you despised because they weren't what you expected, like any other uni class.

From you tone, I see you enjoy being referred to as their therapist. Which is exactly one of the things I think made people start taking psychology less seriously. Basically, everyone feels capable of doing what you are studying to do. People love to kokingly affirm they are someone's therapist. It's just bores me its all.

Keep in my mind I say this with a respect towards the science behind psychology.

quack and gay

I guess that's as good a reason as any. If you feel like you are doing what you want to do, go ahead and keep it up. In my case, it got to a point in which I saw that even though I had a wonderful girlfriend, I wasn't happy. If i hadn't broken it up with her I would probably be married by next year and living with her. Now I'm actually excited about living by myself, getting 2 more pets, you know, childlish shit I thought I had given up on.

In my country it's quite a common career. It doesn't guarantee much, but it sure helps. I am happy with what I've studied and I'm sure I'll manage to live from it.

What do you want to do once you are done with uni?

I know well I'm far from being qualified in this field. Ofc I don't mind them coming to me to get some help with their problems because this is what I want to do. This stresses me out cause they expect me to have the answers. Believe me when I say I almost always remind them I'm not anywhere near a Therapist but I guess at this point I cover the role of the one giving them help.

When I read my post again I realized it sounded harsh. I'm glad you didn't take it badly.

I've always wondered if it makes your relationships with your friends different once they put you in that role of an advisor.

My first girlfriend in uni was a psych student. It didn't last long but it was nice. We hung out recently again and it was funny to me seeing this girl I had seen crying like a baby girl, in her most vulnerable state, talking to me about her job with her patients.

I'd like to find some workplace as a therapist for the local hospital. Ultimatelt my project would be to set up a therapy studio of my own. Perhaps I'll keep on the writing career, I've got some ideas in my mind, and what matters the most for me is to know I'm making the difference.
From what I've experienced so far I can tell you that is exactly when you start to feel in peace with yourself that someone will come by. Most people see relationships as someting to complete each other out but it's mostly why they don't usually last long. If you manage to be complete as a being on his growing path I guarantee you'll be able to live through any kind of issues involving other people.

You sound eager to do a lot of things. Good luck with that Sup Forumsro. I hope the job gets better. At least you know it's not something you will be doing the rest of your life.

It kinda does for the reason you pointed out. People seem to believe that once you know how human mind works (which is merely an approximation cause even advanced studies in human sciences are still trying to find out) you have your life figured out. They always come to me talking about their relationships, their issues with their bosses and families, thinking I have the solution for the pain of human condition. Most of the times it's hard to realize how simple are the answers and how hard reality can be. I guess that's the reason a lot of people go to therapists, because they can't accept how plain and harsh reality can be. They look for alternative answers, where really there are not.

Good luck to you too and thanks for the talk. Chilled me out a bit.

That's like a priest saying people believe in god because they are afraid from death.

Do you think everyone can benefit from therapy? In particular, do you think that somebody with no significant issues would benefit from therapy?

Watching The Sopranos and cooking some fries. I'm going to season them with Peri Peri salt and I made a dip with sour cream, lime juice and Extra Hot Crystal Hot Sauce.

Sounds comfy as fuck. Have you seen it before?

I think there are specific cases where therapy and/or a general psycholigist check helps. The first is to recognise if an individual is actually mentally ill.
Then again, even for people without mental illness could be beneficial to visit a therapist. Sometimes identifying the root of one's problems is an hard thing to do, expecially when it comes to auto analysing ourselves. That being said, finding the origin of the issues we're going through, even though it's key, it's not enough to solve them. A therapist can suggest a series of activities and ways to take action but when it comes to finding peace with yourself you're alone most of the times. That's the hard part. And accepting thay sufference is part of our existence.

Yeah. This is my third time going through the show. There are a few in the final season I haven't seen though.

Watching some guy get angry about comics while I ponder whether or not I should get up to get myself some chocolate milk to calm my hunger. Oh right, and it´s also 2AM and I´m afraid of going to sleep because tomorrow bad things happen.

I really like the show. Tony reminds me a lot of my dad, I liked seeing him facing his struggles and also trying to keep the façade up. The ending could've been better. But it's an awesome show.

What bad things m8?

The usual stuff. Being forced to share time with people I don´t like, work a senseless job that doesn´t fill me in the slightest, and knowing I´ll have to do that again and again for the rest of my life.

Alright Sup Forumsros it was nice to conversate with you. Have a good night and best of luck for the days to come.

i'm at the bar showing a drunk woman what Sup Forums is

I just put another one down the well, he was hitch-hiking, he didn't understand what I wanted, didn't see it coming.
That makes 7.

Tits or it didn´t happen

Any hope it might get better?

No, not really

Who's next?

I have the need of texting/chatting with anyone to keep myself busy and not think too much, im lonely and if i overthink i depress myself even more.

Sad to hear that Sup Forumsro. Want to elaborate or shall we just let it be?

Same

What makes you depressed?

Depression itself, i dont know what triggered it but all i know it's that i have a severe depression and i cope with it by talking to people. (this for example)

This girl I've been talking to hasn't replied to me in days. At first It didn't bother me, but I tend to think about things too much and I've come to the conclusion that she's ignoring me for some unspecified reason. We were supposed to get together this weekend too. The more days go by the more it eats me up inside.

Just get ready to move on in case this keeps going like this mate, same happened to me last week, but i was already prepared in case of, got tired of her bullshit.

Im glad this helps. I'm just curious about what could lead you to such a state. Antisocial? Neckbeard? Virgin?

Sorry about that Sup Forumsro. But it happens, quite often actually. Did you think she was into you somehow?

Virgin, but that doesn't really matters, i just feel the need to talk or obsses over something to avoid overthinking, i am social and "shaved" the problems comes when i arrive from school.

should I smoke a bowl or not? first answer wins

Since the thread is about to prune, if you feel interest i can elaborate in kik if you want, username is Thatanoncalled.j

Yes.

It sounds like you are afraid of being bored because it lets you focus on your problems. What kind of problems do you have at home?

I know I'm not the first reply, but yeah, you should.

Well she seemed interested, and even came to my graduation and met my family. She expressed an interest in being romantically involved and all that. I'm not even sure if we're together or not. Its very confusing.

I might be totally wrong. But the way I see it. When you are interested in someone, and you are aware it's mutual, you don't avoid that someone.

What saddens me is that from your tone it seems like you were completely sure there was something there and now you realized there might not be. That sucks balls.

None really, some fights with my father but that was before he knew i was actually depressed and not just being a lazy fuck, grew tired of everything and i got a plan so simple to make it fool proof, finish school, work for a year, and then off to Australia.

My first thought was to think it is a childlish way to escape your problems. But then I thought I might think that just because I don't have the balls to do something like that.

So what awaits in Australia? Asides from a bit of paperwork because they think foreigners are just a bunch of thieves (ironic, considering their origins).

I just set a goal to set a path for my life until that point, mostly is because they pay good, very good, and i know money doesn't makes happines but im trying to fill a void so thats that.

Thing is it was going fine up until then. She didn't say much the day before, but it was normal. Then the next day nothing, I said what's up later the day after and nothing. I can't figure out for the life of me why she'd just flat out ignore me, I mean there has to be some reason. I don't want to text her again and make it weird. but I just don't know what else to do. Would it be weird ot send another message? Its been a 2 days since the last one.

send a new one, and try not to think too much about it or else you'll end up destroying yourself.

Alright, I'l do it tomorrow. If I don't get anything I think I'll go buy a rope and bungee jump off of the nearest bridge. Thanks for listening to my silly ramblings. I don't really know who else to talk to about these things.

I hope everything goes alright for you mate, godspeed.

Ok. You are going to end up sending that message anyways, but let's be logical about this.

Do you think she didn't see the first one? She saw it, obviously. She chose not to reply. It sucks. If you send another message you are just another guy desperate for some chick. We all have been at some point. It never works.

I know it might sound reasonable to ask for a reason, but you will probably get some shitty excuse, she won't have the balls to tell you directly, she would have done so after the first message if she had any intention of telling you.

Just look for someone else. Relationships are just accidental. they happen. Obsessing over this won't help.

Or pretty much this.