/grimes/

Discuss the astonishing Canuck musician Claire Elise Boucher aka Grimes. You know the drill: be nice to Grimes!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rxy0_My08PY
youtube.com/watch?v=JJ1BwXeQv6o
loudandquiet.com/2012/03/grimes-interview/
youtube.com/watch?v=ADPk5PpkjMg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Damn trolls...

She is shit

what's with the double mattresses?

two is always better than one!

but it has a weird seam in the middle... it looks like it would make snuggling kinda uncomfy.

Nope, she is good and talented girl.

of course

Does anyone else get the feeling that /Grimes/ is nearing it end? At least until the next album.

this is my favorite look of her, but t would be even better in blonde

Grimes is a disgusting pile of dog shit,. Her music is horrible, she rips off weeb culture and you guys have to have a fucking general for her because you are trash basement dwellers. Go find yourself a girl, and because you like Grimes your standards are low so it wont be hard I assure you

u like her lol, otherwise u wouldn't use ur time to reply in a Grimes thread

place is DEAD
stop BUMPING
these are SHITTY threads
they were ALWAYS shitty but they were entertaining
now they're BORING

nah

Regardless of what you think about Grimes, on her threads you can find:
- good discussion (occasionally really good)
- pics
- memes and pastas
- obvious shitposts and trolling
- hate speech
- youtube links.

They all tend to have a shitload of replies and flamed arguments. They're diverse and entertaining. People that love her or love to hate her, they all enjoy posting non-stop about one of the best artists of the decade.

>good discussion (occasionally really good)
NOT ANYMORE
>pics
woo HOO pics i can find anywhere else, on tumblr or wherever. its like the shitty björk generals where they just post cute pics and webms
>memes and pastas
ayy that meme you posted didn't even come out of these threads
>obvious shitposts and trolling / hate speech
never enjoyed them. also its the only thing that keeps bumping this threads, except for the person that always does like a shadow bump and makes a stupid reply to something posted, usually the last reply, when the thread is on page 9
>youtube links.
what?? like rare interviews or grimes lore? didn't see any of that for a long time

JUST
LET
IT
DIE

I've been getting that feeling at least once a week for the past 5-6 months (aka how long I've been on /mu.) Only came upon this hell-hole in the first place because I was searching the web for places which a reputation for featuring Grimes-related discussion (that aren't Reddit.) Imo unless Grimes and her existing music/art suddenly become a lot less interesting or a better hub for online Grimes-related conversation pops up, pretty sure /grimes/ is here to stay.

We must try. Claire would be proud of us.

Lol hi Montie - how's your sister liking MSU?

youtube.com/watch?v=Rxy0_My08PY

Love the fluttering fans at the beginning - whoever edited this together has a very good eye for movement.

Average but I'd still like to drill her in a nice way.

What does /grimes/ think about Four Tet's bootleg version of Skin?
youtube.com/watch?v=JJ1BwXeQv6o

Too fast. They messed with the tempo - which is something that never works for Grimes' music.

Well I think tempo actually worked fine here. Too bad he used just one loop from original song throughout the whole track.

I listen to lil grimey at 0.5x speed when I'm high. just soooothee me gently

so does that mean nobody would be interested in my gabber remixes of art angels?

I would check em out

>hate speech
Grimes would never post her real feelings about her fans on Sup Forums, get over yourself.

should i make an extratone remix of life in the vivid dream?

harsh noise samples would work better for this song

I could see slowing them down possibly working, but not speeding up. Imo there's just too much going on sonically to process in anything shorter than the tempo intended - otherwise you get heart palpitation central.

Grimes is gross.

Please stop posting her and her bad music.

she looks cute here

>Can't even follow your own advice

Watch and memorize, silly.
This is The Eye of Deity.

That's the mark of all good leaders.

hey I want to like grimes but there's a problem

i don't know if OhHellFire approves of grimes. does anyone know if he does?

>Discuss The Astonishung
Okay

I didn't think it was one of the better DT albums. But there were definitely point on the album where I was like "hey that's pretty good". DT is just too good where even an apbum as amazing as this aren't noticible. Anyone else?

>being dependent on someone's opinion

idk man, we have to wait for a review

dont save

lol look at James and BloopPop's reaction

>James: Ugh I knew men were pigs
>Bloodpop laughs and continues to try to get her attention

that saddest part is that this jerk ruined it for everyone. she probably wont kiss fans on the cheek anymore :-(

geeze, james has taken a long time to transition genders, hasn't he. he probably worries that claire will leave if he completes it.

saved

Why didn't she fight back?

man all that dying thinned the fuck out of her hair

well obviously she liked it

Love of my life...

>loves the most someone who doesn't know them

try not being fat or generally unpleasant in person.

>Skinny
>Hairy-pits
>ADHD
>Autism
>Greasy
>Disgusting hair
>Uni-Brow
>Shit music
>Cancerous fans
>Wannabe Chink
>Ugly
>Lisp
>Disables Youtube comments muh feelings
>Moustache

Grimes should change her name to Grease.

Grease List v1.3

>ayy that meme you posted didn't even come out of these threads
I did it some months ago. Deal with it.

>shitposting Dream Theater
Really???

i think user meant Dirty Three

The Astonishing is a Dream Theater album.

>Elise
>Not Ellyse

FUCKING DROPPED
U
C
K
I
N
G

D
R
O
P
P
E
D E A D T O M E

THAT'S A DUDE! THATS NOT >MUH GRIMMEH!

can't it be both?

Wot? Elise is so much better than Ellyse.

I want to be grimes.

>wanting to be the best
That's tough, user.

>best
Grimes isn't the best, but she's the cutest

cute

claire

Even if you blow every stranger you see from now on AND perfectly arrange the sample sounds of those fluid exchanges, you will never match grimes' timing of releasing experimental sex pop albums at the start of this decade.

im a better musician than grimes

ama

very funny

>ama
iamamiwhoami

thoughts?

Grimes is the most superior.

How long can you mumble like a cute little girl crying out for attention without caring about lyrics or annunciation?

damn...

guess you got me there

wtf i hate grimes now

no, you don't

wtf i kind of hate grimes now because I see no counter argument but at the same time I still like her

As long the instrumentals behind the vocals are great. Do it, to see if it's that easy.

A) Her music is excellent, so it really doesn't matter at the end of the day how much of her upward trending commercial success is based on expertly gaming the system.
B) This is absolutely, positively true of what she's been doing. It's a fundamental aspect of her whole surrealist yuppie manifesto (not arbitrarily rejecting traditional/mainstream pathways to success when you have an honestly made, worthwhile product to sell.)

Imo what makes the difference is that she has been completely honest and open about what she's really been after from the get-go:
>"My femininity is in no way the basis of what I am doing, but I know sex sells, for sure,” she says. “And I definitely have played that card. Sometimes, you’ve got to look in front of you and recognise that there is a way to make things slightly easier, which will lead to a lot faster success.
>“And that doesn’t mean being like, ‘oh, my tits are out’, but it does mean that if someone says do a fashion shoot, you do it, why not? I recognise that that’s not the purest way to look at it, but I just think I am really good, and I want power, and that’s a faster way up the ladder.”
loudandquiet.com/2012/03/grimes-interview/

Lots of people (read: practically all) in the entertainment industry owe the bulk of their success to having been a pawn to the system. Very few manage to elevate themselves to a higher place of power in that game (imo this is one instance where referring to Grimes as a queen isn't just hyperbole) much less have the personal fortitude to be able to openly talk about the game existing without succumbing to fear of reprisal.

Imo it's extremely cool to watch her slowly succeed.

>gaming the system
No better than those quirky "direct to TV ad" indie artists even if she tried her best to anticipate and pre-empt being labelled a sellout hipster.

Ofc a feminist wants power not equality, hypocrisy is the fastest way up the ladder but she needs everyone to believe she is authentic first.

Good post. I have a feeling you're the famous classical musician user.

Fuck your waifu.

Fuck your waifu.

>she needs everyone to believe she is authentic first.
And Grimes proved again and again that she's authentic. You can't be more authethic than making your own stuff from A to Z (complete control). How many female artists could claim that? And even assuming she would be fake, if her music sounds this great, it wouldn't matter.

Stop it, retard. Fuck you and your shitposting.

>even if she tried her best to anticipate and pre-empt
'Try'? user, she DID anticipate and pre-empt falling for that stereotyping - by saying things like the quote above DURING the time she was first breaking out into the mainstream - not after (look at the date on that interview.)

>hypocrisy is the fastest way up the ladder
Which I guess is why Grimes' ascent to stardom has proved to be a slow but steady process - because she definably isn't a hypocrite.

Ayy

>I know sex sells, for sure,” she says. “And I definitely have played that card.

This is what I mean by hypocritical. None of anything she has done has screamed "P in V sex positive", yet she claims to have done it while being heavily clothed and concealing her sexual features at all costs... if anything she is nothing but resentful of sex existing.

it goes over nicely for the tumblr crowd who want others to believe in the falsities beneficial to them.

she's just trying to sound cool and savvy and like an expert marketer.

stick around and you'll find that's a trend among most of her interviews.

That isn't hypocritical. What is wrong in being tasteful when dealing with this sensible topic? Be a Body is about masturbation but it's not obvious. I admire her finesse.

Love You, CLAIRE

youtube.com/watch?v=ADPk5PpkjMg

>your dream girl
>posts a song where the closing lyrics are "I'll never be your dream girl"
i hope you did this on purpose.

im not sure if the person making these threads is ironic or serious anymore man...

I photoshopped this picture

thats what makes it fun, because not even /grimes/ knows anymore.

yet they're still here hmmhmm

well you made her look like a butt

what's really ironic is that all the hate she gets is because of the over abundance of serious threads like this. she's a decent-ish artist (nothing special imo).