youtube.com/watch?v=hbhKAuyqbAw
youtube.com/watch?v=ZOxvluAGRrw
youtube.com/watch?v=6IeOnkRweZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=0FZoOJsBYAQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=l_bwq1umFsI

sounds like mediocre house music recorded off a VHS tape

this.

some people enjoy that blown out sound, thats why its called Lo-Fi.

Show me some "high quality" house if you can label something "mediocre house"

Gas perfected this years ago.

youtube.com/watch?v=g2OHIwq4Fmo

>this year
mate....

if anything it's on it's way out.

I'm not saying it out of spite but that tracks pretty bland. Chill, but I don't see how its flat out a tier above what was listed earlier.

This is what I would consider crisp, clean house
youtube.com/watch?v=gYtjKz0Sy6M

Someones not paying attention if you think that. Record labels like Axe On Wax, Hokkaido Dance Club, Steel City Dance Discs, and Lobster Theremin would disagree.

i mean it's around and labels are still being established but it's not really making any new waves or anything - lo-fi/outsider house has been sorta big since ~2012 and most ppl seem to be sick of it cus the underground dance scene was inundated with it for a while. it's definitely not as trendy as it was a few years ago. when i was going out every weekend in '14 i started to get really bored of it.

lobster theremin's strongest years were def 2013-2014, their sub-label mörk has been alright recently but overall i'd say it's p stale at this point in time.

>meme grab
top wew lad, this shit was popular like 5 years ago

i have idea why or how that shitty blog house got so popular

also this seems like total pard thread if they think it's just now "blowing up" lol

Looking at Soundcloud specifically there are a lot of new faces and groups dropping a lot of great stuff this year. And every other month now Mall Grab seems to make an appearance on some popular station.

Also, whats the reference in meme grab in lieu of? I've seen that nick name more than a few times now

I really like it but mall grab makes it seem too easy. He capitalized on an aesthetic with very little actual substance. His stuff isn't complex of deep it's just mediocre Phrases under a filter

because hes a fucking meme and makes shitty meme house

soundcloud is submerged with loads of shit though; like every genre. not really a good meter, honestly. if anything that sort of proves the point cause that shit trickles down.

When you say this are you saying that because of that GUAP song without looking at his back catalog at all? I've seen a good few people ass blasted about that one.

meme house?? How is he a meme, and what about everyone else who you could put in this genre?

soundcloud.com/xjkbeats/danceyourf_ckingheartout-ep

this tape is pretty tight. found it in related tracks bout a week ago

He's a meme because of how popular some of his minimal effort slap-a-beat-over-demastered-sample tracks have become. It's like instant gratification, these tracks are memes because they aren't original and are technically simple.

plus it's not super enjoyable to dance to. a real drag in the club imo.

not well-crafted or interesting enough for home listening but not groovy enough for djs.

I thought this too when I first heard of him, my introduction to him was "Can't". Which was ok, it was exactly what you said, simple, instant gratification slap a beat over demastered sample tracks. However what turned me onto his stuff was I gave him a chance while working an IT job. I got a new phone and it gave me a few free months of Google Music or whatever, so I checked out some of his older stuff and I really liked it.

Originally I had written him off as just playing more into that whole vaporwave sample something old but catchy loop it and put a filter over it shit that had gotten popular, but when I listened to his older stuff, the shit people dont beat to death, to me it seems he really knows what hes doing.

Yeah, superficial is the word i'd use to describe it; it may seem appealing on the surface but there's no longevity because of a lack of complexity and originality.

Also, the song I linked in my original post, as far as I know is a completely original composition. Big fan of that one. It plays a lot into the style of mysticism that was prevalent in early 2000s ps2 era game soundtracks that used a lot of aspects of house aswell. Which probably has a greater and older originator that

nice

[Seagrave SR026] Perfume Advert - Foreverware

youtu.be/n83MhtFrtIE
youtu.be/cypHlbBYkuE
youtu.be/JwECXH9hVso

Very nice. Late night relaxing tracks

ITT: Newfag just discovers outsider house
yawn

great contribution m8
10/10

not my fault you're late to the party
/bleep/ talked about this shit years ago

He's not wrong tho lol

but how is that a problem? since this genre got popular years ago, let's not talk bout it forever??!
it's like we shouldn't talk about punk after 1983, psychedelic rock should have be banned from this board since 1970, etc.

l-lads mall grab is so cute

different user here, meme house doesn't have much longevity desu, people don't talk about witchhouse (except for russians) or seapunk or whatever anymore for the same reason

listen to lumigraph, he's p good youtube.com/watch?v=ZSqxqGU0uFI

seapunk was a 6 months and dead microgenre, witch house was a bit more long lived from memory (might have only been a few more months
but LIES has been around since 2010

and the only record on LIES that is worth remembering and is decisively meme house is 4 club use only

I remember Willie Burns and Malvoeaux having some good stuff on their EPs, that was pretty early LIES. Didn't mind some of the Legowelt stuff either. Regardless of them being memorable or not, I was addressing their longevity.
Their portfolio is obviously much more diverse than lo-fi house though,my favourite stuff will probably always be their detroit techno flavoured stuff.

I'm OP and that's not me

fuck meme grab

I'm glad music to you is a series of fads that should be left to die after a few years.

Only the shitty fads

yeah fuck someone for liking something. that stupid ass why cant everyone have impeccable and perfect taste like ,, I can't wait to to hear everything you guys put out, I'm sure it's game-changing and better than everyone else's music! Also way to put this idiot in his place, I mean seriously what kind of loser would talk about music they like. im glad you guys came here and showed him up, its good that we have true house fans like you guys to keep people from liking things they enjoy. hopefully someday soon we can all drone the same artists you all like and that will be the only thing we talk about!

Never got into lo-fi but I was always wondering. Does the master quality of the music piss off faggot audiophiles with $650 headphones and $800 amps? I hate those fuckers.

Why is it that I need to put music out to shit on garbage bait tunes?

mall grab is that u lad?

this is Sup Forums not reddit
if you can't handle elitism pls leave

mall grab ur really cute want to go on a date sometime?
we can listen to some grime if u want to u said u always liked it

honestly mall grab ranges form mediocre to p good for. replacing a word with "meme" is just really low level shitposting. if youre gonna shitpost at least make it decent you tards.

dude it's literally just recycled, derivative house with low pass filters over it

no mall grab is pure shit.
rather listen to kassem mosse

fuck off.
let me tell you the secret to making lofi house:
First you make a house tune, it doesn't need to be decent.
then you record it onto a cassette
pull the tape out
put the the tape into your dishwasher
wash it
then record it back onto your pc

ok. low quality shitposts are still low quality shitposts

at this point defending this drivel is the shitposting lol

and shitty music is still shitty music
what is even remotely decent about this, please explain
Why is it that I, as a DJ should play this piece of trash over an actual house tune from the 1980s?
youtube.com/watch?v=vKpy7HR6D34

Is their any of this stuff that actually sounds interesting

no

kys mall grab

no
this is about the only ok tune I remember
youtube.com/watch?v=4a1Qw4jQqrM

it's still super bait

ok. and not much, its pretty boring. and you can play whatever you want, you're a DJ!
that had nothing to do with what i was talking about. replacing the word of an artist with "meme" is low quality. if you're going to shitpost, at least do a decent job. look to the 3 posts i quoted.

Yes, you got it.
I can play whatever the fuck I want.

Why should I play this?
There is literally no reason for me to play this trash.

i didnt say you should.

Like I said, you really need to take a look at his back catalog before jumping to conclusions about the artist as a whole. I was completely in the same camp when I first heard some of his stuff. I hadn't planned on giving his work the time of day.

You realize that track title is in reference to a joke?
You're pretty dense and pretentious if you're comfortable making such grandiose claims, but thats you I guess.
Are you some kind of idiot? Who has ever told you, you MUST play some Mall Grab? I didn't even argue that to begin with.

youtu.be/jpCcQRjCeIk

does this count? I liked this one

Mall grab is garbage

>yeah delroy edwards had an ok track once
>it's still super bait but
honestly m8 you are laying it on a bit thick
you don't have to try so hard to look cool to your /brit/posting buddies in nu/bleep/
a lot of them actually like delroy

You're arguing it's not irredeemable trash. If it was anything but, there would be a reason to play it out.
Since I can't find a reason, and you can't find a reason, surely it must be irredeemable trash.

This is pretty much what I'm saying. He has some pretty good gems but as usual the general community overlooks them, but BEYOND Mall Grab there are other artist to talk about instead of just lampooning this guy. Rudolf C, Albert J, Ray Kandinski, die Roh, Fede Lng, theres a good number of other artist dropping some nice stuff.
Sorry but no, beg to differ.
I don't like all of it but there are killer tracks on his All Night Long Ep aswell as Elegy have you listened to either of those? Or heard a couple tracks and wen't "hurr durr lo-fi meme grab"

This ones by Fit of Body

soundcloud.com/drug-dog/fit-of-body-antonio-girl-remix

sounds good to me

why are you so pleb LMAO
just listen to Huerco S

youtu.be/YwUVWP1iQXE
youtu.be/CeyDk0kwb0s
youtu.be/7RiRPNHkVhE

I

I do, hes great too. But lately he's been teetering way more on the side of white noise.

This is pretty good, I haven't heard much from the guy though
youtube.com/watch?v=hbhKAuyqbAw

Too bad his newest album is a snoozer. I was excited about it.

meme grab has a ton of tracks some are easy too groove to but a lot of them are bland

I like this one

youtube.com/watch?v=ZOxvluAGRrw

A lot of people have slept on this

youtube.com/watch?v=6IeOnkRweZ8

I like Delroy Edwards, pretty much my only point of contact with this style.

I wonder if he's upset that he gets more fame for the slowed down funk series than his house stuff...

Really talented guy nonetheless

Slowed down funk stuff was good

youtube.com/watch?v=0FZoOJsBYAQ