The game is supposed to have 18 000 000 000 000 000 000 planets in it. That's an 18 followed by 18 zeros...

The game is supposed to have 18 000 000 000 000 000 000 planets in it. That's an 18 followed by 18 zeros. So lets say every star in the game has 10 planets. That's still 1 800 000 000 000 000 000 stars. If we say that each galaxy is on average the size of the milky way containing 100 billion stars (100 000 000 000) and we do some simple division, we have 18 000 000 galaxies in this game. That's 18 million galaxies.

The goal is to get to the center of the starting galaxy. So it only seems natural to assume that there is intergalactic travel. And if you can travel intergalatically, that makes getting to the center of the universe a kind of inconsequential point. So it doesn't seem much of a stretch to come up with the idea that once you get to the center of the galaxy you unlock intergalactic travel. Sean Murray has dropped hints about this. I forget which video I saw him say this in but he said something very close to...

You think the game is on one scale, then suddenly you pull back and you realize how much grander it is

Not an exact quote, but that's essentially what he said. Besides, it kind of makes sense just from a gameplay point of view.

youtube.com/watch?v=X2G8w-GB05Q

You take all this time, traveling all this way. The reward is a hyperdrive that allows you to travel just about anywhere instantly, including other galaxies. I think that make sense. Because what if you want to go back to a world you found near the beginning of the game. Do you have to make the long journey back step by step? Unlikely. But of course, this is all just speculation.

Just curious what you neckbeards think. ;]

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1ORFgfhj_hM
primagames.com/games/no-mans-sky/feature/5-ways-no-mans-sky-game-changer
youtu.be/1ORFgfhj_hM?t=2m34s
blog.us.playstation.com/2016/05/27/no-mans-sky-coming-to-ps4-in-august/
twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/736686755139719168?lang=en
store.steampowered.com/app/359320
youtube.com/watch?v=T8dvMDFOFnA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the game can not be to scale. It would be humanly impossible to play it

how so?

Elite Dangerous is to scale and it runs fine

I know a game called ELITE: Dangerous.

I saw it on Steam for 150 reais (40 dollars)

This game has the entire Milky Way, billions and billions of stars ... Imagine the planets! A set of Carl Sagan do get mad because it's all in high-definition.
It is also the only game I've ever seen it impossible to hack. Oh really. Search in PirateBay, there is nothing. Only by buying.

I do not speak for the software itself. Think of a game with billions of planetary systems to explore. You simple cannot explore the entire map. Simply cannot because TIME.

I costumed to think that Elders Scrolls has a big map... huehue

nice marketing faggot, game will be boring and bad due to overhype

It's impossible for one person to visit all planets in one lifetime ifor that's what you're saying.

I played a game yesterday. You could see millions of stars in the sky- but of course that meant fuck all because you were in an invisible corridor. Just like that game.
So fuck off Sean and stop shilling here.

First galaxy is probably solo play. Basically training for the multiplayer intergalactic part.

I'm disappointed with the artwork. Looked great for one planet, but it seems like every world you visit is going to be in that same style. I can imagine it getting very old very fast.

He knows this demon. The developer has already said you won't be able to visit them all in one lifetime.

Unfortunately, everyone will stop playing it after 3 months even though the concept is amazing.

never

>First galaxy is probably solo play
No multiplayer at all.

As for the are it's good. He has a small studio, even with a larger one more graphics/textures would be too taxing on PC let alone console.

But it wouldnt matter how many planets and galaxies there are if most of them don't feel unique. And even with random generation its very to pull off. Also there has to be other incentives rather than just the urge to explore. And i also hope they don't do what everyone does by listing every fucking feature of the game and things there are to find

You wouldn't want to explore the entire map. The worlds are proceduralally generated, so there is going to be an insane amount of repetition. Each planet is going to have slight uninteresting variations on the same shit you have seen already on fifty other planets.

>everyone
Nope
It will be one of my pickup and play any time games.

Hopefully he keeps updating it with cool things.

not entirely true. everyone is in the same universe and you are online. you probably just wont ever see anyone. so its pseudo-multiplater

But the plants and wildlife are also randomly generated. New species and all.

He can also keep updating it and add new genomes and biomedical to the generator.

I don't think they expect anyone to explore every planet the main goal is probably getting to the center of the galaxy and upgrade your ship.

I thought it was an MMO. That's fucked up to have game that expansive and you cant run into other players exploring it.

No, I mean you literally won't be playing WITH anyone ever. Even if you're on the same planet.

You SHARE the universe in the loosest sense. The device said you will only see changes a player made to the world and who originally discovered it.

its very single player centric

Black holes at the center of galaxies. So They are probably going to fall back on Hollywood science and have the black holes allow players to instantly transport to other galaxies/levels.

he said in an interview you can run into someone. There is just only a 2% chance of that happening

This. I get that the grapics look cool and the whole idea of a giant map you'll never see all of is interesting, but it's gonna be the most tedious grind-heavy game ever.

It's like people forgot that Spore promised us the same thing, and look at what we got.

Truth be told it's better this way.

I'd rather be the main character in my universe doing whatever I please than be trolled and ganked.

I like what they are trying to do with this game but I get the feeling it will just be a glorified random number generator

very popular theory

Which one? In an older one he said that you'd only see the effects players have on the planets.

Would be more exciting if you could transmit messages to nearby players. Imagine flying into deep space past millions of planets, picking one to land on and finding another player setting up a base there. Or Alien type deal where you find a remote mining station and some player is transmitting a mysterious SOS from it. #spooky

I'd rather this than Minecraft.

youtube.com/watch?v=1ORFgfhj_hM

this one i believe.
i didnt check so i could be wrong. getting nudes from a fatty and crankin it

It is a matter of math. In a world that expansive, you may visit a place someone else has visited, by the chances of two players being at the same place at the same time are very remote. Even with millions of players you will still probably never run into anyone.

OMG shut the fuck up you shill i don't care, nobody cares.

then why comment newfag?

>same shit resourced textures and colors used
>180000bullshit numbers
shit game , shit devs , shit hyped shit

True, but if sightings of other humans are that rare, I seriously doubt there will be much bullshit. No 12 year old is going to call you a homo after spending a week playing the game and not seeing another living person. Other players will be such a novelty you will probably treasure the encounter.

if thats the case it could end up being pretty interesting but when he said 2 percent i think he ment 2 percent chance of anyone ever running into anyone. So most people never will

Do you discover planets or something and it says who discovered it? Is this cross-platform? How is all this information stored?

This is it, he's being dodgy, he never says if you'll actually meet or get to play with another player. Just that they've been there before you.

I don't think it's cross. It's all saved in their server I think.

idts so think they are the same universe on two separate systems

are you the same guy or has this become a pasta?

both at this point it was pasta to begin with

Well 3 different systems so wouldnt that make 18000000000000000000 x 3 different plants or the exact same 1.8x10^19 planets on 3 different systems (ps4,xbone,pc)

ps4 and pc only but yeah

i liked spore

They openly stated that the sun would burn out first before that happens

god tier comment

This. The game will be a cool tech demo for 20mins and then everyone will get bored out of their wits digging into same cell-shaded planets for eons.

Even moreso if it's not even online like people are suggesting here... Why would you even want to play this with no chance of interaction? Just play kerbal space program lol

Well, you can, there's just little to no chance you will

Haha OP you posted this last night.

Stop shilling your fucking game, no one has played the fuckin thing, no one has seen the fucking thing, it's pretty much a coin flip whether or not it will be bad.

Because it has infinite planets.

You can be John Shepard and save the universe from an impenetrable alien threat. Or you can be like Galactus or Thanos and destroy or claim worlds.

Small-scale things like mining a hole in the ground will be saved locally, things like blowing up a space station is globally saved

Oh, sorry for doubting you

Here's what I'm thinking, each planet has its own server-space/room. While you're on that planet it prevents other players from entering and moves them to another uninhabited room/planet until you leave. And when you hyperjump ithe saves/uploads your changes and opens it back up.

i forgive ya bud

thats probably more difficult than what they are actually doing

This game is going to be so bad. I can't understand why anybody would be looking forward to it. You could probably have more fun in some kind of planetarium program.

It's not really difficult at all. Though it's probably not each planet, but each instance/solar system.

is v hard

Too many fuckwads hyping this up as a multiplayer game. IT IS NOT A MULTIPLAYER GAME. It is a SOLO game. You don't even need to be connected online to play. The only interaction you have with other players is when you name planets, which gets upload to the archive or whatever it's called. It's like a wikipedia. That's the full extent of the multiplayer.

In short time someone will hack the game and register/name all the planets even though they didn't visit them. Even worse someone will figure out the procedural algorithm which by its very nature is deterministic, and will know exactly which 10% of the 10% of planets will actually contain life or the rarest materials.

Game will be boring as shit once all the hacks happen. Which will happen in single player offline games.

im p sure you do need to connenct to online

You can play fully in offline mode.

primagames.com/games/no-mans-sky/feature/5-ways-no-mans-sky-game-changer

>people are still spreading misinformation and claiming the game has multiplayer
youtu.be/1ORFgfhj_hM?t=2m34s

Also enjoy your delay.

It's not delayed lol

D E N I AL

blog.us.playstation.com/2016/05/27/no-mans-sky-coming-to-ps4-in-august/

Also the fucktards this game attracts are sending Sean death threats over it.

twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/736686755139719168?lang=en

lol nice shop. i can see the pixels hahahah

who cares what the scale is? its procedurally generated.

typing out huge numbers doesn't mean anything - the earth has billions of acres on it that you could never visit all of them, and guess what, nobody cares.

just like the planets in this game.

typing out your little explanation there means nothing too.....

>people can't handle a 2 month delay
I'd like to believe... That children will be smart again, one day. If only parents were smarter.

i think its the fact they delayed it 3 weeks from release

How is the game though? Is it fun or just a cool concept?

Look up procedural generation. It's possible.

ie Elite Dangerous, which I own, and can attest, it's fucking huge.

Very fun, I would absolutely recommend it, Great community too

Still, it's a 'big' game. Delays are very common in any video game. The fact people flip out so much they actually send death threats and complaints is ridiculous and highly immature. A completed game is better than a rushed game. I believe that's why video games have gone to shit over the years, devs catering to those who just can't wait.

this fucking repost again
are you getting paid to post this?

>But it wouldnt matter how many planets and galaxies there are if most of them don't feel unique.

yeah, it must suck exploring the universe and realizing every planet is subject to the same laws of physics and every damn lifeform you find is either carbon, silicon, tin or germanium-based. or helium-2 . YAWN, wake me up for the heat death of the universe

I did not play. I'm too busy with Europa Universalis indeed haha
I know that you never leave the ship, you only command the ship across the galaxy and can make war or trade. If are like Spore, then it should be pretty boring, because there are few things to do in a very large space to explore.

Read the Steam's users opinions:
store.steampowered.com/app/359320

if there are no pirates it sucks

Yeah its fucking stupid. I was going to explore with a few friends but the developer fucked it up. So it'll be pirated

This game sounds interesting, but I'm expecting a Spore amount of disappointment when it launches.

There's just no way it has any depth or interesting gameplay past "oh look, another planet with a slightly different randomly generated feature than the last one".

Also
>center of the universe
pshhht

3 times this thread has been posted in the last 3 days noice

i kill it in the kitchen

Can you believe someone earlier in the thread tried to claim you could "be commandor sheppered and save the universe" or galactica destoryer or worlds LOL gimme a break

its true man

Elite dangerous is fun with others and a badass hotas setup, a few monitors or vr setup and you get immersed as fuck. It's holding me over till star citizen

vr is whaxk

Get the fuck out.

Look at this: youtube.com/watch?v=T8dvMDFOFnA

LOOK AT IT.

They had this in development. Some-fucking-how, they had a more awesome unfinished product 3 years before it's actual release, and someone fucked it in between 2005 and 2008. A water stage, significantly more advanced cell/creature creator, the ability to revisit/rexperience previous stages as you should be able to.

The result we got was a watered down as fuck barely-competent highly repetitive kids game that had almost no replay value. That last part was the killer; the entire selling point of this "God Sim" where one creates a species from scratch is the replay value, where one can continually create new and different species to see where it goes. The only difference in playstyle is the way you choose, and there's highly limited options. Essentially 1 of 3 before Space and all races are homogenous past Space. There's only 1 language with a handful of scripted lines for every Faction type, every species acts the fucking same no matter how biologically varied they are.

It was a bunch of unpolished bullshit that was only mildly entertaining and could've been so much more. I've definitely played 150+ hours only from being a creative autist and loving what COULD have been. The game itself was 5/10 tops, it could have been amazing. Fuck Spore, fuck Maxis, and fuck EA most of all for fucking that shit up. Fuck you.

shit tier post.

0/10 kys

LOL god dam, been waiting to get that out eh? Honestly sounds garbage though and I feel your pain

kek saltmines

beta rage at its best