I'm an Actuary. Give me reasons why your job is better than mine

I'm an Actuary. Give me reasons why your job is better than mine.
>hint: you cant

Hey OP I was trying to figure this out this morning. Can you tell me if I'm right?

>Odds of independent post being dubs
1/10

>Out of multiple posts, odds of at least one of them being dubs. n is the number of posts
1 - (1 - 1/10)^n

I sit at a desk in a grocery store. My wage is decent. I get six weeks paid Hollidays, 216 hours of sick time per year, 2 floating holidays, almost endless personal days and I work with really good looking 17-30 year old cashiers (I'm 28) I like my job. Then again I'm a little unclear what an actuary does.

>Grocery Store
>28

Top Fucking Kek.

I'm an accountant at a global organisation

Still waiting OP. Are you an actuary or not?

not OP but that looks right, except maybe the intervals need to be specified. Or maybe an infinite interval. Looks like high school math..

Meh. It's those perks and the fantastic pension that keep me around. They match all contributions. It's not like I'm a bag boy. I go to seminars and trips a few times a year. Is it slightly embarrassing to work in a grocery store? Sure. Is it less embarrassing to be successful and at the pinacle of the industry? Not really...

Acupuncturist. I work 9 hours get weekends off. Making six figures.

Feels good man.

>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
>Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

>doing nothing but math all day erry day

Sounds like shit

>Give me reasons why your job is better than mine.

hahaha, you have a job?

guess you haven't figured out revenue streams that don't dry up.

enjoy working for money, faggot

SQL Database administrator.
345 Euro / day on a 6 month contract. Good days.

What kind of stuff do you do? Do you just write SQL or do you have to do other backend stuff?

>pension
>contributions
Confirmed retard

Also op, my job is real so there's that

I'm studying to become a Consulting Actuary. There's no job that compares.

Write / make sure server is up and running at all times.
Gets boring rather fast but money makes up for it.

Right because saving money for your retirement is a crazy idea.

I do cybersecurity at a company that does priv8 and .gov stuff

Edgy

I don't do math homework for the most soulless businesses on Earth

Animal Grooming

I work with Doggos all day, it's an amazing job in which I get to be surrounded by mans best friend.

Sure, washing them is a little smelly, but they are so sweet and playful when they are done, it doesn't matter.

Most of the cats that come in are alright, but I'm more of a dog person, so that comes with a bias.

What year of University are you in?

That's not how probabily works scrub. Doubles isn't 1 in 10.

P.S. I get paid a ton to do what I love and have done since I was 11

Assuming an even distribution, then yes. If we pick an interval however, then counter examples arise. E.g. pick the interval where the last post is ending with 54 and the end point has a post ending in 65.

I'm an idiot. Thought I quoted. These are both me

Just because you probably took the basic levels of math in highschool right? I think it suits someone like me who came top 5 in my state for the highest Maths.
Which Big 4 firm is it?

I train people to become consulting actuaries.

I AM LIVING THE DREAM

I'm a dog groomer. The place isnt some chain like The Watering Bowl, it is a small buisness that just works on it's own.
The reason? It is because I get to know the customers, the clients and the people of the neighborhood. I get to meet all kinds of people and learn about them, while grooming their pet. I dont make and hourly wage, i make commission. I could make 3000 in one month or 1000. I dont mind, there is nothing i would ask more of, after all in the pet grooming place i work, there has been so much fun and learning i would trade it for anything.
Fuck you OP

I fucked up in the end.
I wouldnt trade it for anything

>i would trade it for anything
So... it's worthless to you?

See

I think my trips trump both your dubs

I am on mobile,

Unemployment.

Seriously, that job sucks dick. All work all the time, shitty tests to prepare for every year, no social life, faggot roommate, FSA (formerly sexually active). FUCK ACTUARY.

>Be Me, IT Guy
>Developed my own system so I can't be fired
>Things break, but only when I need them to so I can secure my job and occasionally better things
>90% of my day I play video games. I'm at work right now.
>My boss is incompetent to computers, will never catch on to my scheme.

I'm 29, I work as a nurse, and my coworkers are very cool people. Many of the women are attractive. I make six figures working 48 hours per week doing the day shift.

I'm getting married in 12 days and having my first kid (son) in about 90 days.

I have a female friends who practically begs me to worship her feet on a daily basis and I get to see her a few times a week.

My fiance does whatever I want and I do whatever she wants. She also makes just under six figures as a nurse.

Life is pretty good. Probably better than being some faggot ass actuary.

Not OP but I took a few actuary exams, at least the probability one so I know the answer.

Probability of "at least one" of something happening is just 1 minus the probability of it never happening. Usually the probability of something never happening is pretty easy to figure out. In this case, the chance of any given post not being dubs is 9/10, so the chance for all n posts to not be dubs is (9/10)^n. Thus, the chance of at least one being dubs is (1 - (9/10)^n).

>takes like 5-6 math classes and a few stats
>thinks they're good at math

D E L U S I O N A L

enjoy crunching numbers and being a pencil pusher for some corporation that doesn't give a shit about you.

also top 5 in your state for math is like top 100 in any country besides the states

Australia or USA? The social life I had while studying as an Actuary here in Australia was decent.

Yeah cool. See >
Top achievers in course: Mathematics Extension 1, Mathematics Extension 2 2010 HSC. Deans list in 2011, 2012.
Have fun at Walmart.

Do you work at a pet store like petsmart? Or at an independent place? Also whats the pay?

I'm an occupational therapist in psychiatrics, to me it's the best job ever.

these people are the only kinds of autists that can actually put up with becoming an actuary

i can tell youre insufferable, enjoy having your job taken by brown people in a few yrs

I also combined it with Advanced Mathematics. Get on my level kid

USA. The amount of work I put in is not equivalent to what I make. Cheung May is also a shitty person to work with.

You're mad because you didn't graduate with a starting 70k job. Kys

I'm finding the work and social life worth it here. I'm not sure how much it differs by, from Australia to USA.

>job
I make around 200k a year purely on investment returns.

Bet you work for the jews