/eno general/

What's the best album this man has ever produced? What's the best album this man has ever released? I don't see he discussed as much here on Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2PnLxNLg5sQ
youtu.be/KKZ_-WBTDek
youtube.com/watch?v=cFig-OiIwDo
thequietus.com/articles/16912-brian-eno-nerve-net-the-shutov-assembly-neroli-the-drop-review
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Spirits Drifting

The plebian choice but Another Green World is his best.
Here Come The Warm Jets, Taking Tiger Mountain, Before And After Science, as well as Discreet music and most of the rest of his ambient great

This pretty much. Everyone knows AGW is a 10/10 masterpiece

Most underrated album? My vote goes to Thursday Afternoon. Not talked about the way more pivotal albums like Discreet music are, but an incredibly moody and aesthetically pleasing ambient album

I love the camp and glam of Warm Jets but his undisputed masterpiece is Another Green World

B-but Before and After Science is better

I feel like since Pitchfork reviewed this album and gave "Ambient 1" the best ambient album designation that his popularity has noticeably increased on sites the besteveralbums and sorta RYM. For once Pitchfork does good.

It's really good too, a 9.8/10, but just not on AGW level

currently reading a huge biography about Eno. did you guys know he collected fossils when he was a kiddo?

which book tho

good shit
youtu.be/2PnLxNLg5sQ
youtu.be/KKZ_-WBTDek

>In 1996 Eno had become upset by the normalisation of radical artwork and decided on not so much a dirty protest as a wet one by urinating on one of the many manifestations of Marcel Duchamp's urinal Fountain.
The Absolute Madman

it's also incredible, but not AGW level of incredible

What did everyone think of his new album

i'm pretty sure nobody has heard it here on Sup Forums

everything he touches turns to shit

Before And After Science will always be my personal favorite. Those final tracks, through Hollow Lands and especially Spider And I, beyond words what they do to me. The first half of the album has that very cold and futuristic felling, but the second half is as dreamlike that Eno has ever gotten. Absolute masterpiece
Is it just me or is Over Fire Island a pretty useless song? Sounds like video game music desu, not a transition that justifies its simplicity

Also, has anyone else heard Another DAy on Earth? pretty fucking underrated album of his

i own it on vinyl

>tfw he went from Bowie and Talking Heads and post-punk/new wave/no wave to fucking Top 40 soft rock shit like U2 and Coldplay

listen to his new album

who are you quoting

I really loved Harold Budd- The Pavilion of Dreams. Probably my favorite production work by Eno and my favorite work by Budd as well.

I thought it was fantastic, one of his best. Possibly his best since Ambient 4 in fact.

i'm not gay, but he was a qt back in the days.

i'm not gay and i'd easily fuck glam era eno

This thread needs more Eno collaborations
youtube.com/watch?v=cFig-OiIwDo

Best album is Another Green World, no question, but Warm Jets, Tiger Mountain, On Land and Before and After Science are all phenomenal.

Personally my favorite production work by him is in Ambient 2, apart from the vocals. I like it more than The Pearl overall. His production work on John Cale's Slow Dazzle is also fantastic.

I like it as a whimsical little piece. For me the track I don't "get" is Spirits Drifting. Such a weird note to end the album on.

The real question is, which song of his has the best guitar solo? I'm partial to Third Uncle's myself.

Yeah i don't get Spirits Drifting either. Doesn't feel conclusive at all and makes the album feel somewhat unfinished.
Gotta go with Baby's On Fire, absolutely insane track
Is ba-Benzele the greatest ambient track he ever did?

This is the best album he was involved with by virtue of it being the best album of all time

Dubs don't lie

Well that's absolutely incorrect.

my favorite bowie, but not so sure about best eno

Also great, but not as good

thequietus.com/articles/16912-brian-eno-nerve-net-the-shutov-assembly-neroli-the-drop-review
BTW those albums are underrated AF

I love Spirits Drifting, its a weird note to end on but its really gorgeous

Low is better.
Even Lodger is better