Anybody else like UK Grime music?

Anybody else like UK Grime music?

youtube.com/watch?v=crGdhGCRhXg

youtube.com/watch?v=4R0FQGzo9ZM

youtube.com/watch?v=AnxjjatlV1g&list=PLQG1L2xqHXt8AODBgvkYumB96ykAGCky9&index=1

This second link is what's referred to as UK drill. And you can see how Grime rappers were influenced by Chicago Drill music even using Chicago slang and especially because of the fact the Grime rappers talk about guns a lot and in England guns are illegal and hard to obtain.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RqxEhQBEx7E
youtube.com/watch?v=6P59ioa2EZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=loBSByhptjo
youtube.com/watch?v=vAGgkDdpWhc
youtu.be/woBoEoKlpv0
youtube.com/watch?v=_OB7VRYJOUI
youtube.com/watch?v=Caz9qK9K_Qg
youtube.com/watch?v=XEFDWOOzsG0
youtube.com/watch?v=LkdEOY0bf4U
youtube.com/watch?v=CTgpc_T31ps
youtube.com/watch?v=J6zervDD2Vg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=6P59ioa2EZ4

youtube.com/watch?v=loBSByhptjo

youtube.com/watch?v=vAGgkDdpWhc

I like the instrumentals, STORMZY is the only Grime type music I have listened to fully. The black gangster look keeps it niche I guess.

Stormzy is definitely Grime.

It's interesting to see how Trap music influenced Drill music and how Drill music inspired Grime music. And they probably all influence each other in some way now.

The gang culture in Grime reflects the Americanization in the UK. Street gangs are a uniquely American cultural export.

youtu.be/woBoEoKlpv0

Lame boy said he on job
Manaman say they wanna catch me (clown)
'Cause I made the estate run
Whole block looked like a track team
Mana still trap, but I ain't a trap God
I don't need no trap queen
Push white, smash B
Still got beef on the pavements
Man makes hollow tips find him
Tell you 'bout nights on the go, all day everyday grinding

>Street gangs are a uniquely American cultural export
No

Do you not know the differences between street gangs, crime families, cartels, and crime syndicates?

The street gang is an American invention originated by intelligence agents to generate black funds, secret money for black operations, in addition to billions of taxpayer dollars. The street gang is an American government invention. Also, that image of the street gangster, rapping about it, and glorifying it is also an American customs.

Are you the type to also think McDonalization, Cocacolization, and assembly line production aren't American inventions? Even intelligence agencies themselves are an American invention. Do you also not understand the definition of intelligence agencies and how they're different from spy rings of the past? Intelligence agencies themselves were only invented just last century.

Intelligence agencies helped to create the street gang phenomenon when they flooded southern California in the hoods and had agents who helped create the Bloods and Crips. Google it. Read Gary Webb's book about the CIA did it.

This government has a lot more social control than people think, they do it by creating these grassroots type criminal networks.

That's a banger right there.

What's your opinion on the worldwide Slovenic/Polish empire?

What do you mean? A particular organized crime group?

>when british people say grime is dance music and "garage"
literally wut

They're probably thinking of dubstep or some other kind of electronic music.

youtube.com/watch?v=_OB7VRYJOUI

Here's another good one.

Cant stop listening to it.
Too wavey

Shotgun with the action, Shotgun there for the action ay ay

Grime and dubstep emerged both emerged out of garage at the same time.

Its more fun to dance to than house/techno desu
Energy and dat
Junglist 4 life tho fuk da h8rs

Grime beats have that offbeat and electronic, techno sound so it makes sense why it kind of sounds like dubstep. Like they took pieces of what they'd use to make dubstep and looped it to make Grime beats.

Stormzy isnt as bad as some grime hipsters might say but theres definetly better, if you like you should investigate further famiry

>Junglist

I forgot all about that. Yeah, Grime has a lot of Jamaican influence from the immigration. They're slang is often Patois words and they're British accents have a bit of that Jamaican twang.

What do you even know about grime?
youtube.com/watch?v=Caz9qK9K_Qg

Same foken track everywhere.
Do they even try?
Fucking lazy asses, plays same tracks on repeat, gets his lazy ass of the car as spits some nonsense while sleeping. Wtf happened? where is creativity? where is music?
What I see here in all these clips is bricklayers that left their shovels at home.
The whole genre should do Grimexit. terrible

of all the young MCs in grime Rocks is literally the only one worth paying attention to.
youtube.com/watch?v=XEFDWOOzsG0

They'll be imitating the rappers of today in the future, looking back at it as retro. Also, rap music is also a sort of historical document of the time, like oral traditions in some ways.

Even the music Bach made was criticized during his time yet his Baroque music was a major influence of Classical music later after him.

that second song is actually pretty hard wow

67 are not grime lmao
grime doesn't just mean "british black rapper"

grime refers to the instrumentals - youtube.com/watch?v=LkdEOY0bf4U

which is like really stripped down garage at 140 bpm

>67 are not grime lmao
You're talking about the production, the beats. I'm talking about the rapping. Wtf do you call the rapping if you don't call it Grime?

I know that Grime originated with beats. But those beats were meant to be rapped over, that's why the rapping is also called Grime.

67 don't rap over grime beats tho. they rap over "drill" or hip hop beats or w/ever

you are so fucking dumb

that's not a grime instrumental tho.
and in the words of Wiley himself:
it don't sound like garridge

he might say eski beat doesn't sound like garage, but it is a sub genre

i'm just gonna hide this thread to be honest lols

wagwan lads

youtube.com/watch?v=CTgpc_T31ps

>I listen to grime

What value does the term subgenre have when they don't sound anything alike?
Wiley made Wot Do U Call It for a reason, you know?

grime ting innit?
youtube.com/watch?v=J6zervDD2Vg

>i'm just gonna hide this thread to be honest lols
That's right, go back to your safe space before your butt starts hurting.

Grime came out of garage and jungle beatwise but also MCing too.

>EDM genres
>MCing
da fuq?

MCing is for rap/hiphop music.

and where, my love, did rap and hip hop come from?
hint: jungle shares this common ancestor

the fuck should i know? black people in new york or whatever the fuck

>black people in new york or whatever the fuck
Fantastic.
Where did these black people live before coming to New York?
hint: It's not Africa.

>EDM genres
honestly just stop

I have spent all day listening to rap songs and jesus christ this is awful fucking awful its just generic nonsense about vaginas, money, and being a douchebag, and maybe some shit about living life in a ghetto shithole. The songs about ghetto shitholes are also disturbing I dont know what black americans are on but the way they live in their communities is just revolting like shit man clean up the area make it look better fuck.

I have no clue how blacks can listen to this crap like its a symphony its not its just awful fucking awful, this isnt music this is just black people talking to a heavy bass.

Shit its horrible, now I did listen to some old rap songs and they were actually decent.

>>Anybody else like UK Grime music?
>Thread full of road rap, drill garbage