youtu.be/iLoDiIijO1k
52weeksofblues.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=PEfK0ZfbLRA
youtube.com/watch?v=V2FhDtndMJE
youtube.com/watch?v=maY4RKpH_r8
youtube.com/watch?v=Dp_H9FYZy4E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If your guitar says "Squier" on the headstock, you're a fucking LOSER

If your guitar says "Epiphone" and wasn't made in Kalamazoo you're a fucking LOSER

If your guitar says "Fender" on the front of the headstock but says "Made In Mexico" or "Made In Japan" on the back of the headstock you're a fucking LOSER

I don't care if you swapped out the pickups
I don't care if it was your first guitar
I don't care if it sounds "good" (it doesn't)
I don't care if you "like it" (you don't)
You are a LOSER

LOSER

If you claim to be a musician, and play one of these "guitars", you're a fucking LOSER

LOSER

I have more respect for the "musicians" posting on Soundcloud threads (check out this rap beat I copied but changed the tempo of using software) than any hipster faggot playing a god damned toy and pretending to be a guitarist. Why would anybody take you seriously when you're such a cheap and selfish LOSER that you can't even save up more than 300 dollars to buy a real guitar?

Friendly reminder:

>Dude, playing music is the equivalent of furiously mashing button combinations on a video game controller!
>Check out this sick speedrun on YouTube!

Glory to the God of /gg/ shitposting.

DON'T LIE TO ME, YOU KNOW YOU WANT THIS PEDAL

youtube.com/watch?v=n0K9Buib33A

youtube.com/watch?v=ENd6a3k-YyI

>shredding is now considered djent

that first setting is funky as fuck
I want one

tex-mex pickups suck.

thinking about switching to CS 69's.

y/n?

T. autism.

>shitposting
doesn't mean it isn't 100% true though

MXR phaser > this boutique meme

Well done, shill, I want one now.

Where is that stated?

Not a meme. they both do different things.

Also the phaser mode here is controlled by the volume envelope of your playing, not the same as MXR phasers

>Buying pedals besides tuners compression reverb distortion volume boost and wah
o i am laffin

>rotten pasta
>stale pasta
>tripfag
>avatarfagging tripfag

wew, the thread's off to a good start

Do you love at Kevin Shields from MBV?

That description could be stated for any shreddy wankers but the previous thread was bashing on extended-range guitars with lower strings. According to that logic, BTBAM are not a wankfest because they only use six-strings.

>Dude, playing music is the equivalent of furiously mashing button combinations on a video game controller!
>Check out this sick speedrun on YouTube!
this. perfectly summed up

I meant to write "Laugh" but for some reason i wrote "Love" instead

>That description could be stated
>could be
I'll repeat, where was that stated?

Probably a freudian slip ya buttpirate :^)

>but the previous thread was bashing on extended-range guitars
no dummy . extended-range guitars were just part of the conversation. reading is hard though right?

oh shit lmao

My point is that almost everyone in the previous thread was bashing ERG players for trying too hard to be technical rather than abusing the lowest string. It's bizarre that there's not even a single mention of tech-death.

I wouldn't even call it an aesthetic, it's dumb to even think about it. They're just home studio musicians who play metal. Just fuck off to /metal/ if you want to keep bashing on it because it's moving the goalposts from music theory and gear.

So it wasn't stated anywhere and you just pulled some shit out of your ass. Gotcha.

What I'm saying is that people like Buckethead and Misha Mansoor are different people with different approaches in styles, but everyone was aiming for djentfags as if they're any different from blues lawyers or shoegaze/grunge avant-teens.

>It's bizarre that there's not even a single mention of tech-death.
lmao d'jentlemen

Yeah, we've already established that you're just pulling random shit out of your ass. No need to elaborate.

I don't understand what "random shit" you're thinking of that I was talking about. I implied that low-tuned 7-strings are not necessarily needed for supershredwankshit.

Djent doesn't have to be technical as hell, this song has at least five notes played throughout the whole song and the only technical part is that one brief solo near the end.
youtu.be/iLoDiIijO1k

>mfw this level of red hot blistered asshurt

>I implied that low-tuned 7-strings are not necessarily needed for supershredwankshit.
Where was it ever stated that 7-strings are needed for "supershredwankshit"? We've actually already been over this, remember? Or are you actually that stupid?

fpbp

I would've not implied that if it wasn't for the overblown pseudo-prog metal hate that happened earlier. If it applies to any metal genre that has lots of lead guitar then just admit that you hate extreme metal and be done with it.

buster sword

So it wasn't stated anywhere and then you just pulled some more random shit out of your ass. Gotcha.

Why are you saying the exact same shit as
? How am I pulling something out of my ass when the entire topic is about heavy metal wankery?

one man band gooby

>Or are you actually that stupid?
I'll take your response as a "yes" then, thanks.

Got myself a Fender Mexican Standard Stratocaster today. Best guitar I've ever played,

I'm just really mad that this was even brought up in the first place. It wasn't even advice in buying/using gear nor learning theory, it was an attempt to make /gg/ look like those cringe threads.

:)

>I'm just really mad
>it was an attempt to make /gg/ look like those cringe threads
wew
>implying you weren't the actual source of the cringe all along

Only 4 days until my band releases its first single. I'm so stoked to finally be doing this kind of stuff.

Also, here's my new guitar. It's one of those Fender Pawn Shop series. It's the Fender Offset Special. They're kinda gimmicky but it gets a really nice tone and looks kinda cool.

The thing is that this doesn't follow the general's etiquettes, it's only shitposting disguised to be on-topic because "that dude shreds and I must feel superior for not being a tryhard".

Is there any better feeling than unboxing your new Strandberg in a room in your parents McHouse™ and recording a video and uploading it YouTube?

I don't think so.

any drumfags here?

Oh my damn, check out my new Xbox controller! Shit is siiiiick, bruh!

i dabble, what's up

I don't have a good picture of it so here's this.

>and the cringe continues
kek. maybe reddit is more your speed

The only thing that's more cringe is telling someone to go to Reddit as an argument.

Reposting this nifty blues site for anyone who didn't catch it in the old thread. Really useful for anyone trying to play in trying folk acoustic styles.

52weeksofblues.com/

Check it out under my hand, dawg! You need ergonomics like this when you furiously mash the strings down on the frets like button combinations on a video game controller!

whatever you need to tell yourself I guess

Where my jaZ bros at?

youtube.com/watch?v=PEfK0ZfbLRA

FUUUUUCK!!! Don't for get that patented Strandberg neck profile! FOR PRECISE CONTROL OF YOUR COD SNIPER HEADSHOTS!!!!

This is why women shouldn't play guitar

>Imgur filenames
>that were already posted months ago
>no timestamp for proof
Troll harder.

Wedding bands release singles?

hi sithu

This guy knows his shit.

Not very bright, are you?

Anyway I got bored and had some carbon fiber decals lying around so I thought it'd be fun to slap them on my Boden! I think it turned out pretty well ;^)

It looks so badass now! Plus the carbon fiber makes it so much lighter to hold! No more shoulder ache for me!

What if I wanna play like this guy? What do?

youtube.com/watch?v=V2FhDtndMJE

be a nigger

Step 1: Contract Polio
Step 2.: Tune guitar to low open tuning
Step 3: Play I IV V progressions with a butter knife.

-_-

What is this some kind of a fuckin joke?

Pro tip: don't ever reply to Roman's specific brand of shitposting. Just let the kid tucker himself out

Wtf is the point of headless guitars? I really don't get it.

Dude sitting on the left is bobbing his head like "hmm great fret buzz gimmie more of that stuff"

watch it buddy those are some of the finest jaZ guitar players around.

Better balance and an odd aesthetic that some people enjoy

>Just let the kid tucker himself out
oh yeah that'll work anytime now. how long has he been here? count the years for me

yeah her guitar is really badly setup...

not having a head

It's so you can tune to the decay of the note instead of the attack and always be out of tune.

Working on it. But how many juke joint floozies do I have to bareback before I can get me some of that polio?

youtube.com/watch?v=maY4RKpH_r8

>Nearly headless? How can a guitar be NEARLY headless?

That dude is a little overconfident in his transcription abilities. I wouldn't put to much stock in his tabs.

newfriends pls

>set necks btfo

>Neo-Sup Forums users don't know what b8 looks like, no matter how obvious.
lol

This and only this.
C'mon, you of all people should know how this works by now.

Bow to the king or mouth to the peen, your choice.

Hmm... thanks for the heads up. I'll take it with a grain of salt. I'm still kind of a beginner, but I'm most interested in learning traditional blues styles. I'm still going to try to work through the tabs on that site and let my ear correct me if something seems off.

>>Neo-Sup Forums users don't know what b8 looks like, no matter how obvious.
roman I posted that with that picture like last year
I'm glad you remember it

Just fix it with some bolts!

It stuck because it's the truth. Hmmm, which reminds me...

Friendly reminder: the kiddies who post in /gg/ threads have nearly ***zero*** experience concerning guitar. Playing, repair, new player recommendations, etc. The average age in these threads is around early 20s: green as shit grass.

If you have an actual question this is probably one of the most uninformed & least knowledgeable places you could ever expect a proper answer to come from.

Be weary of any advice given here as it's amateur & perfunctory at best.

Have a nice day.

thank you zombie tranny

this is one of my most prized possessions

youtube.com/watch?v=Dp_H9FYZy4E

>Posting it before I posted the second half of my pasta
Y'all some thirsty ass fa/gg/ots this afternoon. Anyway...

Also, friendly side note:

Anyone posting their gear here has made a decision (either consciously or unconsciously) that playing guitar is nothing more than a meaningless hobby, something along the lines of stamp or coin collecting. Their uninformed opinions and amateur advice are firmly rooted in this unserious mindset, music being secondary to the compulsion to accumulate and publicly display their "enviable" possessions.

Sup Forums is considered poison by most mature adults and is rightly shunned publicly for its immature, juvenile, and sometimes vile content. Lorde and the bassist from DIIV immediately spring to mind, both being heavily criticized for posting on Sup Forums and for their seeming willingness to be connected publicly to Sup Forums. No one with any real goals or aspirations would risk being contaminated with an association to this website, thus no serious musician would chance being recognized by posting their gear here. The only people who would be willing to subject themselves to this possibility would be the kind of hopeless, self-defeating troglodytes that routinely post on Sup Forums because they know they don't have any other options and nothing better (or more important) to do with their time. If you're posting on this site then you should be very familiar and thoroughly acquainted with this standard model Sup Forums user. There's no deliberate or pragmatic pursuit of knowledge or skill in these threads, just inane, unending circle jerking around gear, attention whoring, and fishing for replies.

For example: Aussiefag has been here for well over two years accomplishing absolutely nothing except for *getting some attention for himself*. The sad truth is that he has nothing else, this is his legacy: replying to other losers in /gg/ threads because his life is obviously devoid of any other social interaction.

If your goal is to wind up like this then posting gear here ad nauseum and avoiding actual musical discussion is definitely a good place to start.

Carry on.

thanks mr skeltal

>mfw I'm glad I had a hand in aussiefag finally leaving forever

I honestly hope he killed himself in a motorcycle accident though. Stupid fuck.

To all /gg/ newfags: this is all normal

Is that two keef threads in a row? Drugs, women, /gg/ threads, is there anything keef can't have?

do these threads ever get good

not really

Rarely

k thx. closing this tab forever now have a nice life