Pop metal bands like Disturbed?

I know that they lack most in quality, but the album Ten thousand fists (and specially the song Land of Confusion) was such a great listen to me, any recs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QHmH1xQ2Pf4
youtube.com/watch?v=o8ahoRsvb28
youtu.be/A5m25_vGV-A?t=156
twitter.com/AnonBabble

literally just listen to faith no more from their angel dust album

This. Angel Dust was the fucking blueprint that ALL pop-metal bands from 1999-2005 made great careers for themselves ripping off.

The fact that it was half a Thick As A Brick-style Mr Bungle-tinted parody album seems to be lost on all the bands who went on to copy it.

Also, while I hope otherwise, just in case you're like those people who think "It's My Life" was a Gwen Stefani song, here's a reminder that the original Land of Confusion ran circles around disturbd's uninspired cover.

youtu.be/QHmH1xQ2Pf4

Check these

Machine Head and Pantera are probably as good as buttmetal gets

I wouldn't call them pop metal and I'm not big on Disturbed but I'll take any opportunity I can to get people into Volbeat. I really think they get shit on for no good reason other than people assuming they're just like FFDP, A7X, Disturbed, etc.
Try this youtube.com/watch?v=o8ahoRsvb28

Fair to Midland rules

>Vulgar Display of Power and anything by Sevendust in a shitty butt-metal playlist

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Seriously though, get rid of those and add in Toxicity and one of the P.O.D. albums while substituting Wisconsin Death Trip for Start a War and Issues for Follow The Leader, and that list would be utterly flawless.

where's Gorguts - Obscura
should be on here

Pantera are the buttmetal pioneers

*sniff* YOU TAKE THAT BACK *sniff* *sniff*

But realistically, yeah, I see where you're coming from, though I'd rather lump them in with Sevendust and late Faith No More (and even Black Album/Load-era Metallica) in that they were exploring a new sound that in the 90s seemed like the organic new direction for metal to evolve in given the overall direction rock was going in, rather than consciously trying to create insipid dreck for the Wal-Mart CD rack.

hahahaha

>insipid dreck for the Wal-Mart CD rack
tbf post-gringo or numel is no less of an organic development, coming from helmet nirvana, pearl jam

System of a Down, Deftones and Slipknot.

Genesis

bullet for my valentine

Anything in Chevelle's discography

this

Why is the way of all flesh in there

I genuinely enjoy them and am angry that you would compare them to disturbed

>Mastodon
>Tool

What?

i own at least 2/3 of those albums

good shit

I unironically like this album.

agree about mastodon, not sure why them and gojira are there but tool belongs on that list

youtu.be/A5m25_vGV-A?t=156

Once more 'round the sun was shit and it deserves to be on that list more than any other album. Tool on the other hand, isn't even metal (10000 days at least)

>agree about mastodon, not sure why them and gojira are there but tool belongs on that list

I think tool is out-there enough to not be considered butt metal.

The overall definition of butt metal seems pretty subjective anyways. Almost every time someone brings it up it ends with an argument over what exactly it is.

>Once more 'round the sun was shit

Why do you think this?

I was wondering the same. That album is a fucking light 9

they're essentially the pink floyd of butt metal, its what those people use to act like they like "deeper" hard rock or metal