Out of kid a, in rainbows and amnesiac, which is the most accessible and which is the least accessible?

Out of kid a, in rainbows and amnesiac, which is the most accessible and which is the least accessible?

In Rainbows is most accessible by far.
Kid A might be odd if you're not into electronic music, but should be pretty straight forward if you're not a complete pleb.
Amnesiac is probably least accessible what with all the odd jazzy stuff and backwards songs and shit.

In Rainbows > Kid A > Amnesiac, In Rainbows being most accessible.

In Rainbows has more of a traditional rock sound than either Kid A or Amnesiac, but Kid A's song structures and overall sound are more friendly to the average pleb than Amnesiac, which contains a lot of things that came out of left field and will turn people off immediately (Packt like Sardines, Pull/Pulk Revolving Doors, Pyramid Song, Like Spinning Plates to name a few).

Most people who enjoy any type of electronic music won't have a hard time getting into Kid A, though in retrospect I'm sure it alienated a lot of Radiohead fans who were expecting a rock album.

My personal favorite is In Rainbows because of the time in my life with which I associate it, and it also got me into the band.

Kid A has the definitive bangers like Everything in Its Right Place, the National Anthem and Idioteque, though.

What about 15 Step, Bodysnatchers, Reckoner and Jigsaw Falling into Place?

Not even close to being as popular.

If I liked the Bends a lot where do I go next?

they're still bangers that the average normie might enjoy

in rainbows. but none of those three are similar to the bends

In rainbows>amnesiac>kid a

OK Computer

To bed.

THE TRESH

>not 'where do I go from here?'

They're all extremely accessible. I'd say In Rainbows is the most accessible with Kid A and Amnesiac tying for least

In Rainbows is unquestionably the most accessible; the only album that rivals it in accessibility is The Bends. IR is pop as fuck. Kid A is basically babby's first experimental music, while Amnesiac legitimately has some weirdness going on that would fuck a normalfag up like Pulk/Pull or Like Spinning Plates.

Radiohead is a band that does not suffer from listening to their albums in chronological order, and in fact OK Computer is the best progression to take after listening to The Bends because they keep their rock sound but add new experimentation.

Ok comp or pablo honey

This

Except they totally fucking are what with Pablo Honey being abysmal and the Bends not at all representative of their general sound.

>Radiohead's most accessible work:
All of their work
>Radiohead's least accessible work:
None of their work

I like Radiohead but they are accessible and normie as fuck.

Creepè is still their best song

Some people think TKOL is unlistenable (fuck if I know why, I thought it was pretty easy) and Amnesiac gave me trouble when I was getting into the band. I'm fine with it now but it had to grow on me. Aside from those two though, they're pretty easy listening.

this tho

You'd be surprised how weirded out plebs are by them.

ok computer or in rainbows

if you want a general sample of what they'll each sound like I'd say listen to paranoid android for ok computer and weird fishes/arpeggi for in rainbows

I would've said TKOL is their least accessible. TKOL was the last RH album that clicked for me, it took me a very long time to like (especially Bloom)

amnesiac and tkol were both pretty easy for me when I was getting into them past my ok computer/bends infatuation phase, but I'm super surprised I never really got into kid a until like last year

Kid A almost lulled me to sleep on first listen but I was into it by the third.

Kid A is the most accessible of the three. Amnesiac is the least accessible.

How is Kid A more accessible than In Rainbows? Oh sure, it's got a couple guitar oriented songs and Idioteque but nothing on it is as danceable as 15 Step or Jigsaw Falling Into Place or as balls to the wall rockin' as Bodysnatchers, and the rest of Kid A is pretty unusual when compared to the rest of In Rainbows.

They are all mediocre, don't bother

I wouldn't say they're mediocre. Radiohead does a fantastic job of taking somewhat obscure or underground musical concepts and making them accessible as fuck. If nothing else, they're really fucking good as a gateway band.

tl;dr

Wasn't that long of a post, user.

>taking somewhat obscure or underground musical concepts

Name two of these "obscure" concepts, and more importantly than that, why would this be valuable if bands were doing this decades before Radiohead? They are mediocre alt-rock.

Why did they decide to make only shitty boring blip blop electronic sounds after the masterpieces that were The Bends and Ok Computer?

Has there ever been a drop of quality this hard in a band discography?

In rainbows is pure orgasm

In Rainbows is usually what I recommend to people wanting to check Radiohead out, it's a great gateway album. Amnesiac is their least accessible since even though Kid A has all the dissonance and weird sounds, it's all meant to have immediate payoffs while Amnesiac tones down the weird sounds (to an extent) and instead has odd song structures that are meant to grow on you and could easily be lost on the first listen

Krautrock and IDM. And I said why they'd be valuable - they're good as a gateway band. Never said they were the best at it, just a good way for the average person to be introduced to the concept.

Explain to me how is it that they incorporated Krautrock and IDM into their music other than saying "Paranoid Android is a great song xD".

Also, "entry-level" does not mean anything, you either like it or you don't for whatever reason. "Entry-level" is not a valid reason.

nice meme

They are genres they've incorporated into their music over the years? Songs like Morning Bell, Dollars & Cents, Weird Fishes, and Codex showcase a Krautrock influence, while songs like Idioteque and Pulk/Pull showcase an IDM influence. And being "entry level", if we must say it that way, is important for Radiohead because they're the kind of band that explores territory carefully enough to not lose their pop appeal in the process, so it's the kind of music that would blow the mind of someone who isn't particularly well versed in music. If you're posting on Sup Forums then you're probably not part of the audience I'm referring to here. This is the kind of music that can turn non-music fans into potential music fans, if that makes any sense. They aren't the only ones of course but Radiohead has made a lot of music that's pretty good at doing just that.

I'm not even memeing.

well then you must have forgotten about Amnesiac, Hail to the Thief, In Rainbows, and A Moon Shaped Pool because there's a significant amount of guitar on all those records

>Explain to me how is it that they incorporated Krautrock and IDM
I don't know much about krautrock but it's a known fact that radiohead was heavily influenced by autechre in the late 90's/early 00's
I believe Tri Repetae was directly referenced in regards to the influences on Kid A

I was wrong, it was OK Computer that was influenced by Tri Repetae

There's a significant amount of guitars on all of their albums. Nearly half of Kid A features notable guitar use.

So all pseudo-experimental or "avant-garde" bands are now krautrock? They timidly tried to add some faux-experimentation (which never was, it was pop music with "non-pop" elements such as "electronic" and "ambience" and "odd song structures") and the result was a mediocre band that was neither here nor there.

They are not a great alt-rock band, they were not a great experimental rock band, they are, precisely as you said, pop music very cleverly marketed, and mark my words, very cleverly marketed.

And being a very cleverly marketed pop band can get you far. That, combined with how "weird" some of their influences are and it's not hard to see how their influences, of which Radiohead has never been shy about acknowledging, can rub off on an otherwise unassuming listener. Once again, this gives them great potential as a gateway band.

I am not denying they did great, in the mainstream. I am saying that claiming that Radiohead has "krautrock" influences or "IDM" influences just because they tried to incorporate bits of said genres into pop-rock is like saying "hey, listen to this black metal band, it was clearly influenced by Dark Throne, it has a scream and a blast beat in this track".

They did not incorporate IDM or Krautrock just like metalcore bands that use blast beats do not "incorporate" black metal into their music, or bands that have soundscapes as interludes or whateverdo not "incorporate" ambient into their sound.

Literally only Kid A is blip blop, and that's just barely.

>optimistic
>in limbo
>?

Is it not an influence if they are incorporating bits of said genres into their own template? What is an influence if not just that? It's where they got the idea from. Radiohead do not pretend to be innovators, they've been all about drawing influences and meshing them together since like OKC.

Not him but National Anthem, How To Disappear, Treefinger, Optimistic, In Limbo and Morning Bell all have guitar.

They literally said they were listening to Warp Records and Krautrock while making the album you dingus.

How To Disappear Completely has an acoustic guitar backbone and Morning Bell has abstract guitar work distorted to sound kind of like electronics but there's actually quite a bit of guitar on it.

>National Anthem
That's a bass, user.

A bass guitar?

Also Ed is doubling the martenot on guitar, probably with an ebow or sustain pedal.