James, Neymar, Muller, De Brown

>James

dude is a great player but not even near as good as Messi

>De Bruyne

Excuse me?

Gareth bane

>James

Nobody.

Nobody will replace Messi. There's not a single 20-year-old in the world (no Ronaldinho Gaucho, no Maradona) who shows even vaguely promising skills to amaze us.

Football is dying. Too much money in the game, the disappearance of the proletariat, and the availability of other forms of entertainment (Internet, video games, etc.) corrupted the passion for the game.

There's already a sharp decline in the average quality (skill and willpower) of players--only hidden by the last exceptional individuals like Messi, and by better athleticism overall.

After Messi and his generation retires, it will be nothing but robot-like morons with fashionable haircuts who run fast, strike hard, and get paid. No beauty, no charisma, no genius anymore. It will be whole generations of Sterlings, Zazas, and Girouds--but even worse.

Forever.

nah, we have a few promises in argieland

Rashford tbhonestfamalam

It's the end of the ''one-man squad'' era. Leiceister and Germany proved that an team as whole it's better than some one big star under spotlights.

I'm really pessimistic that there will be no one that harnesses Messi's absolute dominance over the course of such a long career.

Messi is the only player in history to win 5 balloon doors, 4 of which were consecutive. He began absolutely dominating world soccer by the time he was 19 years old, establishing himself at 18 as a prominent part of a dominant trio of him, Ronaldinho, and Eto'o. He was then an international sensation.

Shit I remember back in 2006 being on a high school trip to France, and randomly picking out a souvenir jersey in a shop, at the time not knowing a thing about international soccer. That jersey happened to be a #19 Messi jersey, which I keep framed now. But that jersey bought from France stands as a testament to his extremely early fame and dominance.

He won his first balloon door and FIFA player of the year at 22 fucking years old, the likes of which only seen by Ronaldo, a player routinely heralded as the best player to ever play the game.

Neymar isn't going to do that shit. Odegaard isn't. Sterling? Lol. Januzaj? JUST. Kovacic isn't. Martial is an absolute meme. Pogba might win a balloon, but not 4 in a row starting at age 22.

It is in my honest belief that Messi is a once in a lifetime player...as long as we live, we may never see another Messi. I would embrace and cherish him if I were you. I literally watch history every time Messi plays, and I catch his performances often. I recommend you do the same.

Victor Andrade and Zakaria Bakkali will replace Messi and Ronaldo repeectively and dominate the game.

Screencap this.

>he disappearance of the proletariat
Dude what, poor workers with kids will never disappear.
The rest is the usual moaning about modern football that has been done since the day after it was invented, I remember people moaning about Messi because he was too perfect, his skills were only made for the result and not for the sake of entertainment.

>Neymar

toppest of keks

the next best is Tecatito

Reminder BR Ronaldo would have been better than Messi if they took the same kind of steroids.

>7-0

CHI

Th-this isn't true, r-right?
g-guys?

My huezillian friend here is right.

dude messi was being roided to be the perfect athlete his entire life, fuck your sob story there will always be players to replace him

name one

>ameriblobs attribute all sporting success to roids
Bit sad tbqhwyl

They're still in the science labs m8. Give it time.

>Football is dying. Too much money in the game, the disappearance of the proletariat, and the availability of other forms of entertainment (Internet, video games, etc.) corrupted the passion for the game

Dude, I'm not even a huge soccer fan, but I had this same exact thought the other day watching one of the games, and not just about soccer but everything. It really is sad. There will be players who are technically sound in all sports and other areas of life as well, but it looks like it's becoming a bunch of robots who learned a skill. No individuality. Who knows? In a hundred years sports might start fading out entirely due to a slow decline in interest

Post your best /Messi/

nerman

Bale

Certainly not Neymar.

This little cuck is so overrated he could play in the premier league and they would buy him for 200 mils.

Hazard,reus,götze

Lebron literally carried his team against a superior team.
An all time great 73-9 team.
At age 31.

Stop crying bitch nigger.

(then again messi is an autistic manlet)

hopefully nobody

>midget speedy gonzales cannot be touched because hes so lightweight he collapses if you touch him

Messi has actually developed a strong body
he endures harder hits that the average pussy diver faggot

t. real madrid bandwagoner

you niggas need to stop sucking that Messi dick fucking hell.

yes he is clearly the best currently (Ronaldo is laughable) but there will be more. you guys are faggots. there was a Maradona, a Crujiff, a Maldini, a Eusebio, a Zidane and of course many more.

great players will always keep coming.

i wonder why...

Remember when people used to think that there was a comnpetition between ronaldo and messi for who was best player in the world? Messi won. It was never even a competition in the first place.

hazard
de bruyne
carasco
lukaku

hahahahaha

>ctrl+f
>dybala
>0 results

explain yourselves Sup Forums

they're all shit, especially lukaku

>tfw I could have replaced Messi but let a football career fly past me
Maybe I'll still pull a Vardy and rise up at 20-something.
It would b-be neat.

how does he do to pass every drug test then?

take this >YOUUUUUUU
in advance because they will dominate EURO

no

But there was a competition. Just Messi is still performing. Until some years ago, they were on par and you'd be deluded to think otherwise.

this

Messi was already a wonder at 18 when he scored a hat trick against Real Madrid during the Ronaldinho era. Even Ronaldinho knew he would be GOAT that's why he picked him up after his first goal ever at age 16/17.
You don't see this shit happening out of the blue, Ronaldinho knew what was up.
So who's next? no one. No one this young has caught the eyes. You can't be a "next Messi" at 23, that's already too late. What did Messi already accomplish by 23? it was like 2-3 Champions leagues and was on the World Player of the yea Ballot at 18/19/20 and won it at 21 before the age of social media

They were never on a par, Ronaldo can score goals yes but that's it, Messi is one of the most technically gifted players in history, he is a team player he creates many assists and he scores as many as ronaldo too. Ronaldo has gone backwards as a player since he left utd, he was at his professional peak in those final 2 years in england. His game has massively deteriorated in Spain because the cancerous management at madrid have focused the entire team around making ronaldo score goals.

I honestly believe Suarez is better than Ronaldo.

Dybala is already better than him

who?

>absolute dominance

Are you joking?

i hate madrid but whatever you say petike

>Messi
>30
>fill """"""his""""""" place

Good doctors.

t. Nadal's MD

as someone said, it's not possible to fill his place with someone that we know right now

the only player close is Pulisic, at 17 years old.
anything older is too late

Post the slowmo version. It's just fucking crazy how fast his reaction times and zigzags are.

It's a shame nobody will really take him seriously if he decides to go into coaching after retirement. Too much autism and manletism.
Then again Argies are terrible at coaching anyway.

>simeone.jpg

the cokefiend who lost 2 CL finals? nah

he couldn't even beat PSV, a fucking Eredivisie club, without penalties.

>hamez

rashford

theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2016/05/29/simeone-think-about-atletico-future
At least he's good at really making me think.

He will rise once again from the depths of 2nd Bundes.

>pizzi is the coach of chile who just destroyed mexico 7-0
>gareca is the coach of peru who just eliminated brazil
>sampaoli was the coach of chile who won the copa america last year
>simeone just got ATLETICO MADRID to 2 champions league finals in 3 years
>pochettino took tottenham to their best league placement in 60 years
>sabella made it to the world cup final for the first time since 86

fuck it, give me one of them and fire klinsmann

>who lost 2 CL finals?
He arrived to more CL finals than all Atletico's previous teams combined. He is probably the best coach in Europe.

Why would field a Gerd Müller nowadays?
He was a genius, but he was chubby and small. A 9 as unusual as it gets, but the greatest of them all.
Or Mario Basler, a guy who drank and smoked more than he worked out?
Do you guys remember Chilavert or Higuita? Maniacs and junkies with a huge personality.

Nowadays, someone like Max Kruse gets expelled from the national team because he was partying too much. Oh god really?

It just feels like players have to be too professional, too perfect, those people in this thread saying they turn into robots are totally correct.

And players without personality can hardly turn into geniuses

This.It's not about being the best player for one season in the world,many players can achieve that.But Messi simply came as the Goat into the game.He was second at the age 19 for the Meme D'or.
Young players are often referred as talent until 21-22,not even being world class just young promising players,
Messi was already the best footballer by then.

He made his debut at the age of 17,in a world class club ,not a second liga club, not a bad first liga team he made his debut to one of the best franchises.The moment he arrived,he completly took over the game.He skipped 5 teams at the youth levels of barcelonas,because of his talent.

He broke countless records and set a few records that will probably not be broken for the next 20-40 years,maybe even never.Best scorer in LaLiga,The Champions league and his national team by the end of his career,moreover I am pretty sure he can also achieve having the most assist in those competitions.He got every trophy possible,he has been the main man of the best team,ever.4 Cl's and 8 League titles.While also being recognized as the best player of a generation of GOATS(spain).

Except the wc he won it all,which in his defense is not his fault,we could have lost that final.Many people chocked on both sides.Also it only occurs all 4 years and is heavily based teamdeepth,injury,momentum and luck.

His whole career is just a human highlight movie.He destroyed Neverkusen and Arselel in the Cl with 4 and 5 goals.He made countless solo goals,which can't be made by anyone other than him.He played passes that cut defenses in half like surgeon and has probably the best ball control ever.He took a shit on every major defender of his era and literally every team.

I doubt a normal human like us isn't even capable of understanding how talanted this guy really is.

it's happening isn't it?

youtube.com/watch?v=Iy1rumvo9xc

weird how this is coming from a german tb h

I'd never seen the whole of that before, just the marcelo own goal edit.
Fucking thank god for the 7-1

>It just feels like players have to be too professional, too perfect, those people in this thread saying they turn into robots are totally correct.
>And players without personality can hardly turn into geniuses

This is just our era of political correctness.It is true they can't party as hard and drink/smoke,but let's be honest they are proffesional athletes look at the 70's Cryuff was Goat he smoked a pack of cigs a day or the 80's Maradonna was on coke.You can't pull this behaviour anymore.And even tho they don't smoke as much and drink,they still party hard and get theier nuts sucked just look at leiceister.

The reason we do not have any more "characters" is because of political correctness.As soon as players like Ibra or CR7 go :"TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" or "Zlatan is god" people take it seriously and not as show of theier dominance as an athlete or simply trolling.Footballers just have it harder to show theier true self,they are under the watch of BigBrother aka the Media constantly,even tho for them it's just theier jobs and having banter or fun with theier colleague.

Also I miss players like based Günther Netzer,partying hard having his own night club,being the first one to drive a ferrari and cuck his own coach in his last game only to style even harder at real madrid..I mean just look at Basler,even to this day he triggers Feminist so hard,he openly shits on woman's football and givers zero fucks about the shitstorm he is facing.But I really think this is because of Sjw time.

i for one am glad the little midget exists, if he wasnt here then we'd have to put up with cristiano being "best player of all time" because of his scoring ability. funny enough, even messi has the record for most goals scored in a year, surpassing even Pele's brazilian league record.
thank you Messi.

i dont think its about political correctness, i attribute this to people just having more common sense 2bh. when you put a bunch of men together to play a game of course they're going to get drunk, high, and eat a lot of shitty food. its how men bond.

but the sport is more professional than ever. theres so much money in sports that your performance on the field can massively effect your bank account. players aren't showing up to matches blasted from the night before because its become a real profession now where winning a game here can get you millions of dollars or doing well in a game there can improve your image which pays dividends down the road.

>Messi
>good

system baby and 0 World cups

iniesta is better than him

>Until some years ago, they were on par

this

Pulsix

DYBALA

>iniesta isn't a system baby

>Until some years ago, they were on par
bwahahahahahahhahahahahahaaha

post you're face when Barca falls into mediocrity after Messi retires

Most likely nobody, ever again.
His been absolute top player since he turned 20. Pobga, Neymar might peak and have good seasons here and there but they won't dominant like Messi did.

The new Messi of course

>but the sport is more professional than ever.
look what I posted and I agree with you
>It is true they can't party as hard and drink/smoke,but let's be honest they are proffesional athletes
But I still think our Media destroys players if they step out of the line,also they can pick up headlines way faster thanks to the internet. Just look at Löw sniffing his ball.20 years ago probably 2% had noticed him smelling his balls on live tv.Today somebody spots one mistake of yours or is "hurt" by your actions only to cause a shitstorm on social media.

nah, not sure if he'll even make it to top level football. He has some great individual talent but doesn't seem to understand football too well. Even 11 year old tiny messi videos put him to shame (same goes for most players)

Messi will retire and sign with the Patriots, becoming the first football player to win both the champions league and superbowl

> Neymar and the other hue working in a beauty salon

LGBT BTFO

Well in my Fifa15 career mode (I'm one the 2022 season) Neymar and Bale become pretty GOAT ( 94 and 92 respectively) while Messi and Ronaldo stayed at 94 and 93 respectively (Ronaldo is 36 and still playing)

Iniesta is the system

Bale always felt so crap in FIFA to me. I remember my 91 Bale in FIFA 14 being still kind of meh. I used to be able wreck everyone with Robben though. Haven't played 15 or 16, no idea what the game is like these days.