Seriously, what the fuck happened to this guy in the finals?

Seriously, what the fuck happened to this guy in the finals?

He was literally video-game tier throughout the entire season. And I'm not just talking about 3s. Insane dribbling skills, creative paint-scoring ability off the charts, multiple Jason Williams-esque assists every game. He was a fucking wizard, the likes of his game unseen in the past (not ranking him, but merely comparing styles).

But he was nothing in the finals. None of the magic, none of the ability. Nothing.

Is he nothing more than a meme, or can we toss it up to a 7-game slump?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VdS6yKSRWYo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Literally any athlete can do more in the regular season against teams that aren't the best/second best in the sport

probably a combination of nerves and opposing teams watching video tapes of him

video game tier only works in the pointless regular season, regular season is borderline exihibition games.

Teams actually played defense as if the games mattered. That's literally it. Curry struggled to create shots with Love and Thompson guarding him. He can't create his own shot like most people think he can. There's a reason why he's constantly coming off screens and double screens.

He's LITERALLY a 3pt shooter and that's it.

the other team committed to playing defense on him

the adderall/peds started giving negative side-effects

wear and tear from competing hard in 100+ games in a season

People underestimate the power of breaking down video replays.

Cleveland probably broke that shit down to its meta, and made strategies to counter Curry.

James had poor fg%, but so did everyone else. It's Game 7 of the fucking NBA Finals, everyone is nervous.

89 all in the death of the 4th quarter? Who would want the ball, to be the man? Fuuuuck.

But it came down to trusting Irving; they surmised (correctly) that Curry has a problem with defense, and the rest is history.

If Curry is to turn this around, he needs to step up his defensive game, otherwise he's 2 and done.

this.
Green is a better PG than Curry is.

> Who would want the ball, to be the man?
kobe

well, you could see the overreliance on the three point shot. It's generally what killed GS( the whole team), when the shots had more pressure unto it, it is harder to shoot the ball.

But really, the real mark of a great player is how they stand up from a fall.

It only highlights the lack of parity. The only team that gave them a tough time throughout the regular season was SA.

why didnt they?

part of me thinks the MCL sprain was more serious than we're giving credit for and that little drop in quickness just fucked his game over.

another part of me thinks he only got away with his shitty behind the back passes, sloppy dribble "skills", and awful shot selection all year long because he was playing against regular season defenses that didn't really give a shit. curry was mediocre (for star player standards) in the playoffs last year too.

>based post about NBA
>see flag

are you an ex-pat? that's spot on

also this

>yfw prime Kobe magically appears to guide the ball through the net.

youtube.com/watch?v=VdS6yKSRWYo

Now that he saw he can't memeball to oblivion he'll find a second scoring option whether it be driving inside or meme'ing midrange jumpers

heck I didn't watch a single game this post-season. just Game 7 and just after halftime.

What the fuck do you mean Adderall

Pressure does strange things to people.

>meme'ing midrange jumpers

Well, if he gets good enough with this, he'd be virtually hard to read.

I think lebron mind fucked him and steph checked out mentally

>is ____ a meme?

why do people always do this? it's annoying

kys

He's essentally james harden on a team with a bunch of really good players

Teams played Curry and Thompson much tighter in the playoffs and chased them off the three point line. Giving 100% effort on D as opposed to the 85% teams give in the regular season is a big difference. Cleveland in particular was very fundamentally sound in switching, hedging, trapping, and rotating to stop Steph and Klay. They made Barnes, Iggy, and Green beat them, and they couldn't step up and perform in the spotlight. Honestly Curry isn't to blame so much as Cleveland is to praise.

The San Antonio Spurs would have beat the Cavs in 7 game series.

But I want him to MAKE the shot, user

regular season is for kids, finales are for mens, no wonder he disappear

they won't make the shot if they don't have the ice cold veins to attempt it

this, they got chased out of the Three point line, and with no mid-range game to go to, they got beat.

I certainly think the 2010 Lakers could beat the Warriors team, given how good that team was on closing out on three point shooters.

Could be provigil too, athletes like curry are always looking for the extra advantage

Meme'ing midrange jumpers was MJ's big second scoring option

>I certainly think any championship winning team in the past 30 years could beat the Warriors team

fixed that for you bud

Gtfo, filthy casual.

All he had was 3 pointers and they just won't sink. He got figured out

He's just a really good memer, all he does is chuck 3s.

He finally came back to Earth.

well, specifically that team. that team had so much length when they had Gasol+Odom on the frontcourt.

They abused and grabbed onto Currey off ball all series.

Do you mean that literally?

Klay is a very balanced scorer and has no problem stepping in for a middy or little post turnaround if he gets chased off the line. Curry literally either takes a three or drives in for a fingerroll. He needs to get more comfortable taking a mid range jumper sometimes. Fuck analytics saying a long two is the worst shot. If that's what the defense is giving you, and you can make it, it's a good shot. Curry should watch how Nash scored. Curry can be balanced like that but be an even better shooter

Kyrie did exactly that this series

took what he could get regardless of his place on the court

this, he has to be a threat the whole half-court, not just the outside and deep inside.

Because in the real life equivalent to a video game, when you meet the God at the end, he kills you. Life isn't a video game

now I seriously wonder why they didn't go more to Kyrie down the stretch.

he's not good at handling pressure,
the same thing happened last year
(only this time Iguadola didn't manage to salvage the team)

which is why when they upgrade from Iguadola to Durant, it's going to be even scarier.

Nobody in the nba tries in defense in the regular season.

Media doesn't really point it out but he had shumpert/thompson/lebron fucking draped all over him in the finals. They would double team him or trap him out of every single screen. Dont thought he got more than 1 open look per game

Same thing that happened to 2014 GOAT offense Broncos
Same thing that happened to Cam Newton

The Warriors are a meme that had yet to be figured out. It's not a superior strategy, it's just so different that no one had figured out a game plan. But like any meme it's over. GS will never win another chip

Except durant won't be able to guard lebron, and there are only so many possessions, and more shots for durant means less for curry/klay.

Yeah no matter how good a player is if it's not a good fit then they will crumble due to poor formation/chemistry. Look at Love, he's a great scorer but his skill set is not as great a value in the Cavs than it was in TWolves

He's literally the Peyton Manning of basketball. He's great in the regular season because lol teams don't give a fuck about the regular season but come playoff time he's outright shit.

As a life long basketball who has avoided watching it the last 5 years.

Here is my impression of Curry in Game 7 after only hearing of his memeskill.

Nigga can't score unless its off a screen or a double screen.

Can't pass.

Can't dribble.

Can't guard.

And the Warriors don't play D, they were getting shredded by the Cavs pointguard. Do ball players don't know how to make simple layups or 10 foot jumpers?

I hope this exposed Curry as the shitlord player that he is. Warriors are a meme team and the meme died tonight.

He was never good. He just tryharded in meaningless games. He's a front running drama queen who can't handle even a tiny bit of pressure. LeBron stole his soul and now we'll never have to deal with this memechucking faggot again because his career is over. Feels fucking good.

I really don't have a dog in this fight but if Lebron was as good as you claim why did he let his team get taken down to the wire like this?

Because he's a fucking idiot.

He's the most dominating player on the planet but he kept passing the ball when he was in the post with fucking curry on him.

Last three games he actually heroballed and did it because he's a fucking goat.

curry = glorified jimmer ferdette

And he was ridiculously efficient because of it. Curry can't be the athletic finisher Irving is, but he can definitely break defenders down for more mid range pull ups and drives to the rim. Then add in his fucking video game shooting and he'd be unstoppable even against good defense

drama

he isn't a 1v1 player like kyrie.

he tried to play a game that he couldn't match up.

>glorified jimmer ferdette

That's James Harden

he's the basketball version of a system babby

Someone had to kill Krillin before he went SSJ. Draymond killed Krillin, LeBron went further beyond.

He preached all year he didn't want to 'take over' because it's bad for the team to rely on him.

Well, he learned after 4 games that he NEEDED to take the fuck over if this was going to happen and jesus christ the madman did it

What's with all this curry hate out of nowhere all of the sudden?

Curry went CR7 but Europeans love CR7

>out of nowhere
Welcome newfriend.

>all of the sudden

spot the newfag

reasons:

>he was likely worn down from the long season/playoffs and may have lost a step and was less able to create space
>knee potentially bothering him more than people let on
>cavs were being more physical with him
>more pushing/grabbing around screens instead of just letting him run everywhere and getting knocked down by moving draymond green/bogut screens
>he was just "hot" in the regular season - definitely video game-tier for a couple months, but maybe that was just a prolonged hot streak and he regressed to "normal" in the playoffs
>he lost confidence and started thinking too much

>refs stop letting him get by with illegal screens to memechuck his way to the record

Sounds like the NBA might finally stop protecting these manlet memechuckers.

so why isnt every player a superstar then?

>out of nowhere all of the sudden?
Jesus Christ.

NBA regular season = preseason

NBA postseason = regular season

NBA finals = postseason

There you go, welcome to the NBA.

He was probably hurt. Last year when he hurt his head he became a non-factor too.

There can only be one superstar.

What's the NBA preseason, then?

Choked.
Light too big, couldn't handle it..

Will shrug off as an "injury" but ...

But...
Choked.

>Can't dribble
Sure thing buddy, how does the lebron cum taste?

Training camp

Curry sucks

Non ranked College basketball regular season.

Damn, not sure which one of these I like more.

Let's be honest Sup Forums, Klay never gets noticed despite his efforts curry always chucks shit up and prays it goes in. Problem is Kyrie Ivring has an all around game, passing, shooting, slashing the rim, and handles.

I'd take Kyrie in the last 10 seconds of any Basketball game over Curry anyday.

I saw that light skinned manlet attempt to dribble into the paint maybe 2 or 3 times. Is he a point guard or a glorified shooting guard?

The Cavs point guard actually did his job and was absolutely shredding the Warriors shit defense. Curry was just waiting for a screen to throw up another brick for his cuckshed.

Kyrie is better than memechucker Curry, but Kyrie is still a memechucker and still an off-ball player. Doesn't mean that he's bad, he's a very good player, but he's nothing special. That lanky ass afro groid could hit mid range shots too.

This is pretty accurate.

Shit I meant Klay.

Was this the first basketball game you ever watched?

Total failure

Dude I can't even imagine the dehydration if you actually were taking Adderall every game. Not to mention the muscle fatigue from the tension.

That's how finals always are; people choke.

A fucking leaf

Because the finals aren't the regular season.