Unpopular opinion thread

unpopular opinion thread

some of mine:
>mental illness is totally misconceived, the traditional categories are baseless and wrong
>psychiatry is mostly an ideological pseudoscience that wields dangerous power due to its status
>science is hugely overblown because of rampant scientism, damaging intellectual, ethical, spiritual, and political life worldwide
>philosophy is much more important than science
>trump should win

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qV9A9ZQXfio
garyjohnson2016.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>mental illness is totally misconceived, the traditional categories are baseless and wrong
That was the theory of libtards in the 1960s, who persuaded the states to empty their mental hospitals, thus creating the homeless problem
>psychiatry is mostly an ideological pseudoscience that wields dangerous power due to its status
that is true
>science is hugely overblown because of rampant scientism
so is that
I can't see anyone embracing philosophy and Trump. Trump is like the intellectual equivalent of poo flinging.

These are only unpopular opinions because the vast majority of people are Dumb or Autistic, congrats OP on not being either Democracy as we know it today will be gone in 20 years at most
>Identifying as Right or Left of the ''political spectrum'' makes you an Idiot

>That was the theory of libtards in the 1960s, who persuaded the states to empty their mental hospitals, thus creating the homeless problem
what's your problem with psychiatry then? what would you do about it?
>I can't see anyone embracing philosophy and Trump. Trump is like the intellectual equivalent of poo flinging.
eh, trump being philosophically unsophisticated doesn't preclude there being philosophical reasons he should win

>>science is hugely overblown because of rampant scientism, damaging intellectual, ethical, spiritual, and political life worldwide
If you were to run for president, I shall vote you for this.
SCIENCE IS NOT REAL YOU FUCKING FUCKTARD ATHEIST. Look at the mirror and see why this so called "science" made you.

>Identifying as Right or Left of the ''political spectrum'' makes you an Idiot
explain

>damaging spiritual life worldwide

oh no not ur feelz ;___;

>people should get payed based on their work and/or the amount of money they generate, not their gender
>there is only 2 genders, the biological ones.
>there is no "gay gene"
>islam, like any other religion, is open for criticism and ridicule

>unpopular opinion thread
>posts opinions 99% of people hold

Black and white arnt the only colours?See thread for 'Libtard' or calling Trump supporters 'fascist', its a divisive tool people use to reinforce their own belief they are 'on the winning team', no one wants objective truth any more, no one wants to accept that every question has 70000 right answers. See 'The Paradox of Ravens'

>>there is only 2 genders, the biological ones.
dunno, would say there's a difference between biological gender, and the gender u identifiy with (even if its a asexual transstone)..

>I believe everyone is capable of being on an intellectual par if they just try/read

underrated post

Here's mine
>sky is blue
>water runs downhill
>sun rises and sets every day
Super unpopular, I know, be nice guise xDDDD

How can it be underrated if it just got posted you stupid dumb bitch how would you go fuck yourself you dumb ass hoe

so, true, user. so true.

youtube.com/watch?v=qV9A9ZQXfio

This isn't an opinion, it is objectively wrong.

fuck yourself you son of a bitch motherfucker i kill you

we spot the 12 year old

Sorry Guys, a part of me knows its not true, but I wanna believe :(

>all schools nation-wide should be uniformed until college/university
>public displays of affection should be illegal
>women who cannot support themselves should be banned from having children
>women who become pregnant while on welfare should be sterilized
>homosexuality is a choice
>people who don't wash their hands after using the restroom should be gassed
>ANYONE who still uses the word "bae" this year should be shot
>bigotry and racism are just two big signs of human weakness and fragility
>pant-sagging should be a criminal offense
>abortion should be legal, and mandatory in some cases
>students who miss 3 classes for a reasons other than significant sickness and/or death should be dropped from the course
>parents who don't vaccinate their children should have those children taken away from them
>there needs to be less spending on the military and more on the sciences
>every child should be made to know at least pre-calculus by age 10
>all children should know how to code
>potheads are annoying, and weed is overrated
>sex is overrated
>feminism wouldn't exist if men weren't such shitlords to women
>cigarettes should be taxed more heavily
>alcoholic beverages should also be more heavily taxed
>athletes should be paid less

People should put their hyperactive toddlers on leashes.

Black people really aren't that bad, as far as the ones I've met personally.

Toy dogs are not cute, at all.

>People should put their hyperactive toddlers on leashes
A week ago, I'd have disagreed with this.

Eat a dick fat bitch

>tfw you're an asian muslim

I'm black, actually. Just wish I were Asian though.

Who is that girl, where does she live, and is she single?

Phoenix Floe

>how is this unpopular? Equal pay is a big thing in pop culture
>you're thinking of sexes, not genders, and even that is not necessarily true. Plenty of cultures recognize the continuous (rather than discrete) nature of sexuality and sexuality
>"there is no 'gay gene'" This is some thing that facts can speak to, so it should not be your 'opinion' that there is no such thing. At this point in time, the evidence for a 'gay gene' is middling, but of course, that in no way implies that one can choose their sexual orientation
>Islam especially, if anything—it seems to have matured less than the other Abrahamic faiths. Hasn't learned how to hide its grotesquery as well as them yet

>science is hugely overblown because of rampant scientism, damaging intellectual, ethical, spiritual, and political life worldwide
>philosophy is much more important than science

Die

dat autism doe. lrn2abstact

>muslims are better people than christians
>fanta is the best soda

Gary Johnson will actually make a really good president.

garyjohnson2016.com/

Here we go:
Blacks are the cause of their woes more than politicians, government, whites, or other races.
Whites are instigators of things they hate more than the things they hate actually causing problems.

The government will never fix itself. Neither will a revolution. Neither will anarchy.
Tear it all down and let the system and people, innocent or not, die in the aftermath. Rebuild on the ashes and start anew and hope the cycle starts better and lasts longer before the next need for destruction.

Islam will need to be stopped. So will Christianity and Catholicism and atheism. They all have right ideas but need to be put in place for the good to be ever seen again.
Ban them all: no practice, advertisement, or discussion allowed in public. No rules or laws to be fully influenced based of off religious texts. No banning of religious beliefs based off of disagreement. get along and shut up,

Reality programming and internet fame is the real cancer that needs to be culled.

Gay,Bi,Transgender need to check their new privilege or they will self destruct their own movement. Transgender need to realize they are not a special case. Gay doesn't require you to be treated differently. People should allow to say no to making them cakes, or helping them with their weddings. Same as they should not be forced to change for religious beliefs.

sex is overrated

Whys that faglord? 2 pump chump? Tiny dicklet?

I agree with 80% of everything else you said.

After you've had it enough times, you see it for all it really is: an animalistic function between two people for the sake of achieving an orgasm. Nothing more, unless you're purposely trying to bring more life into the world.

I've fucked over 30 women. I'm bored with sex now.

Fuck your ethics and spirituality. Most of the the western worlds ethics are based on outdated fucking lies and forced religious views. Science is hardly overblown because the ethical and political ideology usually overthrows it, by sacking scientists or ignoring scientific study

>im mad
>fuck you

>>homosexuality is a choice

yes, but whether or not it's a choice should have no bearing on whether or not it's ethical

>>bigotry and racism are just two big signs of human weakness and fragility

yes

>>students who miss 3 classes for a reasons other than significant sickness and/or death should be dropped from the course

This is usually the case at most colleges and universities, isn't it?

>>parents who don't vaccinate their children should have those children taken away from them

probably

>>there needs to be less spending on the military and more on the sciences

yes x100

>>every child should be made to know at least pre-calculus by age 10

Yes. This could be easily done if we taught Newtonian or LaGrange-style calculus instead of Liebniz-style calculus.

everything else I either disagree with or don't care

>Being gay is okay

i meant this At you. Ya fucking melt

As far as the college thing, no. Many students, I've observed, don't even show up except on test days or something, then wonder why they failed the course.

>am communist (not tankie)
>don't support Bernie

Athletes should not get paid less they get paid proportionate to how much revenue the sport generates thats like saying an employee who makes 1k a day for his company should be paid minimum wage.

L2greentext newfag

that's probably just at UC Berkeley and other shit tier schools

Voyager was the best Star Trek.

I concur.

Science does nothing to impede intellectual, ethical, or political life. In fact, it has facilitated significant progress in these areas that would otherwise not likely have occurred.

I see accusations of 'scientism' thrown around a lot in public philosophical circles, especially by theists. I find the claim is usually unwarranted. Precious few people would be truly scientistic in the sense that they deny the existence, importance, or validity of subjective phenomena. Even if one believes these phenomena can ultimately be explained as resulting from material processes (the kind of thinking that typically leads to an accusation of scientism), that does not preclude one from acknowledging that subjectivity and consciousness (and all the fields of inquiry and culture interest that result from them, such as the humanities and art) are real experiences that are more important than anything else to human beings and are key to ethics, enjoying life, and finding purpose.

I'm not sure how I feel about ranking philosophy and science over each other. Science requires philosophy, and really is a tool of philosophy. It is a means of pragmatic, rational, empirical gathering of evidence that can be used to support or undermine philosophical arguments while simultaneously providing practical advancements in technology. Philosophy cannot do the latter, although it serves as the foundation of science (Logic, Epistemology, etcetera).

>Muslims are better people than Christians
Well relatively you could say that but in reality they are all shit heads who are being feared into being good people. So anyone who is highly religious is basically immoral.

Nope. But 7of9 was hot as hell.

How is that even possible when there are no real actors in the pic provided?

lmao check out this fedora lord

i bet you could get laid even if you were to pay for it

>Only two genders, none of that sciency fluid shit
>Sexual preference is mental, not at all genetic doesnt mean its a problem though
Am done

Yes.

dafuq?

>i bet you could get laid even if you were to pay for it
Nigger what?

I actually wear ball-caps.

>women are inferior when it comes to the vast majority of things
>different races are more gifted when it comes to certain mental abilities
>extreme liberalism is ruining the western world, and we are all going to pay for it
>all drugs should be decriminalized
>most people overestimate their own intelligence

>The president should not be "Who is the better pile of shit?"
>TV is dead
>The Internet will become just as shit as television
>If it looks like a girl it better be a girl

Sup Forumsuddy you wanna get married or whatever cause Im in love with your mind

Not a big fan of the idea of marriage, but I do like fucking the same person for a really long time

Are you a national libertarian?

>we shouldn't assume that there's NONE, and will NEVER be a living being that can survive without oxygen / water / etc

>I can't see anyone embracing philosophy and Trump. Trump is like the intellectual equivalent of poo flinging.

this

Jew, just too jew for stay here.

>"Autism" is made up, people don't want to act "normal" and even though they are completely aware they're being social retards they need a "label shield" to protect them from reality. Autism is the new "ADD" which is also complete bullshit. These faggots are saying "I'd rather be looked as a retard/feel bad for me" than take responsibility for their own actions. It's just a way for Big Pharma capitalize on hype and get kids hooked on drugs they think they need.
>People are not equal, laissez-faire is the best social AND fiscal policy (I.E. Let the degenerate bottom feeders starve)
>Democracy is crime against humanity. It gives large groups of uneducated criminals the ability to gang up on the hard working and productive minority.
>Retards and Cripples do not deserve special treatment. If they want to be treated like equals they should act like them. that means no front row parking, no "accessible" systems. Life is not fair and as I said before people are not equal.
>Liberalism and the feeling policy is singly responsible for the demise of the human race. Rather the focusing our efforts on science and progress we keep lowing the bars so more retards can be comfortable.

Why that's unpopular?

Where is the real question?

hurr durr i know big words im right

>niggers exist in all races
>nudity and sex should not be shamed
>alimony and child support should be optional for the husband/father
>We need a healthy mix of conservative and liberal values in our laws, but probably more conservative than liberal in that mix
>standard of living should be determined by performance in school and work ethic(i think this would spur minorities to do better in school)
>I think there should be an earning cap(about 30 million should be enough for anyone to live off of)
>couples should not have kids before 30 at the least
>if a woman hits you first or without good reason, you should be allowed to knock her the fuck out without being called a shitlord
>OP is sometimes not a faggot
>we should not be allowed to leave Earth to colonize other planets until we fix the damage we caused to its environment
>ethnic cleansing in certain parts of the world might be the best solution
>antibiotics should be outlawed
>liking traps is gay as fuck
>I would prefer America be in the driver's seat of the world, even if it has to do underhanded stuff to stay that way
>all blacks and hispanics should not be allowed to own a firearm unless they have at least graduated high school with a 3.5 GPA(until the crime statistics associated with their race goes down considerably)