Just got pulled over by the cops and fined $2000 for speeding

>just got pulled over by the cops and fined $2000 for speeding

wtf brehs i can't pay this shit what is my mum gonna think oh fuck

i'm sitting in my car right now and the cop is still behind me, can i go? am i allowed to drive off? i don't know what to do brehs i can't walk home

Other urls found in this thread:

tmr.qld.gov.au/Safety/Driver-guide/Speeding/Speeding-fines-and-demerit-points.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How much over were you?

>$2k for speeding
bullshit

Offer him your boipucci. It's the only option left

bullshit

this, then post pics

>actually pulling over
>actually considering paying the fine
your great-grandfather would be ashamed

>i'm sitting in my car right now and the cop is still behind me
i hope they fine you for using your phone behind the wheel too, you fucking disgrace

Like 60km

i'm still here btw

>60km over the limit
Are you suicidal? I'm surprised you weren't arrested

breh the limit was like 60, i was only doing 120

>not even 75
nbd

2000 dollarydoos is a little steep tho

so guys can i leave now? am i allowed to still drive? i may have lost my license though, the cop is gone btw

What did the cop say about your licence?

Sure if he didn't tell you anything you can leave.

No he expects you to call a cab and a tow truck

>i was only doing 120
fuckin lol

You're lucky.

It's full of fucking radars here and i received a 180$ ticket for speeding as well.

He didn't say anything, he said "a letter with your fine will be sent to this address and it'll probably be around 2 grand cause of the speed" and then went back to his car, sat in it for a while then drove off

Then drive off, if you lost your licence he probably would have arrested you

In Germany of you're 60+ kmh/h too fast you have to pay 440€ + 2 month no license. I'm sure things are similar over there.

you can leave i think

>the cop is gone

Did he take your license? Did he impound your car? Did you only receive a ticket? If he's gone and you still have your car, leave.

tmr.qld.gov.au/Safety/Driver-guide/Speeding/Speeding-fines-and-demerit-points.aspx nvm it seems you're fucked

and consider yourself lucky, if you get caught doing anything 50km/h over the posted limit here, it's considered stunt driving and your car is immediately impounded and license suspended on the spot.

Take it to court and fight it. Sometimes the cops don't show up and if the are a no show I think you win by default

It would help if OP told us what state/territory he's in

k i'm going now guys

my mum is literally gonna FREAK when i tell her lmao

Also judging by this, if you were really going 60 over, your license should have been suspended on the spot and not allowed to drive home. So you can probably fight it on that grounds when the ticket comes in.

for real though why the fuck would you drive double the speed limit

it just makes no fucking sense to me

>mfw I raced my friend and got up to 210km/h in a 2.4 turbo car
>Never got fined
I love my country

I always push ~140 km/h on the highways here. Step your weak shit up OP

Lmao if the limit is 60km then OP was not on a highway, for all we know he might have been on a suburban road

>not driving 200 kmh+ with daddy's Audi

>not doing 230km/h in your brother ahmad's BMW

Offer to get deported to a penal colony

EXCELLENT post

That's like doing 75 in a 35 here.

Absolute madness.

>$2000 for speeding

lmao how is that even possible?

What province is that?

>tfw semi-regularly drove 170km/h on the way to work

I live in a rural area tho so it's okay

It's in worthless roodollars, not USD

It's Ontario. It's considered dangerous driving to go anything 50 over the limit, even on the highway. It's just labelled as "stunt driving".

I'm in the GTA, I know a couple people who have had their cars confiscated. One was a woman I worked with because she was going 150 on the highway because she was late for an appointment. Another guy I used to work with had an Audi and was going 200 on the highway. That one made the news.

No offence, but 170 is dumb. Don't get me wrong, I regularly go 140 when heading up north. but 170 isn't necessary imo, it's just dangerous. To each his own tho.

>be american
>have to convert all these numbers
wew
74.5645 mph = 120 kmph
37.2823 mph = 60 kmph

You were doing 70 in a thirty?
What the fuck???

Probably was in an absolute shitbox too not even a nice car.

Man i have done 120 on a 60 service road late at night. So fucking dumb. Theirs an opp station at the end of it too but i wouls only do it when both sides had no cars. Hit 145 in my shitbox mazda 3 on the 401 but only for a few seconds because i got scared. Shitbox is manual too. She rips hard asf in second gear.

Should have just kept going and found a side street to wind around and get to another road. Then slowly maken your way back home and dont drive for a few days. Unless he got your plate on camera.

Just attend the proceeding and beg for lesser amount. Make up stories such as you need to attend a burial asap etc. If this is your first time according to their record, you'll definitely get that mercy. Just don't insult them. You'll listen to a long lecture and just have to bear it for 20 minutes or so. Then pay the discounted fine. Do not skip court proceeding is the keyword here.