Be tramping in south island

>be tramping in south island
>off the trail camping
>see a fucking moose

Kiwi bros, report in

Since when did we have fucking moose? I thought they were fucking Canadian. I know we have deer, but fucking moose? I'm so fucking confused desu lads

Other urls found in this thread:

stuff.co.nz/national/blogs/in-our-nature/7345324/A-moose-loose-aboot-the-hoose
odt.co.nz/regions/southland/secret-snaps-reveal-elusive-fiordland-moose
youtu.be/0h1XlsskYmY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lol sorry i was just about to board my plane

stuff.co.nz/national/blogs/in-our-nature/7345324/A-moose-loose-aboot-the-hoose

>be Kiwi
>discover pristine wilderness island separated from the rest of the world
>import fucking moose

What the fuck is wrong with New Zealanders

bumping because this is fucking hilarious.

>be moose in south island
>just chilling in my habitat
>some kiwi faggot comes and starts staring at me like i'm some kind of a freak show

I wish I lived in Middle-Earth.

They're incredibly rare there.

>New Zealand

>In 1900, an attempt to introduce moose into the Hokitika area failed; then in 1910 ten moose (four bulls and six cows) were introduced into Fiordland. This area is considered a less than suitable habitat, and subsequent low numbers of sightings and kills have led to some presumption of this population's failure.[41] The last proven sighting of a moose in New Zealand was in 1952.[42] However, a moose antler was found in 1972, and DNA tests showed that hair collected in 2002 was from a moose. There has been extensive searching, and while automated cameras failed to capture photographs, evidence was seen of bedding spots, browsing and antler marks.[43]

Dude if you arent bull shiting you should tell the park service or something

What
I've NEVER seen a moose in my life, that's fucked man
It's not as bad as importing ferrets and stoats

LMAO! modern science can't even find a fucking moose on a tiny island but they want you to believe big foot doesn't exist in the vast expanse of NW North America and Siberia

what the fuck bud? you better give them back; they're not yours

Why doesn't every Kiwi have 8 children?

I fucking hate this cancerous "100% NZ Pure" image. I want to live in a first world country, not hippieville.

>tfw you've successfully colonized NZ

Soon...

>ree why can't we live in nice concrete jungles like the Big Strong Americans
kys Aucklander

>NZ
>tiny
NZ is fucking massive. But I agree with you, they only just managed to find some bird in ST. Lucia they thought was extinct and SL is proper tiny

I'd give anything to live in an irrelevant island country.

You fuck deers already, you're going to fuck moose now?

they found a fucking Sarcopterygii some time ago in the ocean, but they can't find a Moose in a island. Can't understand modern biologists.

for what purpose

Some people think that there are still moa hiding in the bush.

If I ever find a moa I'm DEFO sticking my willy in it, literally the kiwi dream

That's a pretty fucking terrifying thought.

wow pooftah detected

Don't be such a pussy it's just a large chicken

>tfw never seen a moose
feels bad lads

Fuck off Zhao Lee Ping

As someone who thinks that my cunt is extremely overrated, how does this relates to NZ being the best cunt?, all the post is about alleged moose populations in NZ

if a Moose can hide in your grass, why not a 2,5m chicken?

Have you lived anywhere else? NZ is pretty fucking good but it is expensive and if you're rural there really is fuck all to do but hike and drugs.

Living near a city here and being able to easily access both is definitely in the top few % of places you can live on the planet.

They were fucking 10-foot killing machines with beaks like giant axe heads that could run twice as fast as an Olympic sprinter and were specialized predators of large mammals. Give me an angry bear or a pack of wolves or a lion or something over one of those pseudo-dinosaurs any day.

Moa was a plant eater. You are thinking of that big hawk

BIG

Fug, you're right. I mixed up Moas with Terror Birds.

Moas are cool, like giant kiwis.

Pics or bullshit

odt.co.nz/regions/southland/secret-snaps-reveal-elusive-fiordland-moose

Wow, never actually knew fucking moose existed here.

This is based. Wonder what other animals are lurking in Fiordland.

Tourists

You literally don't know how good you have it. Secluded beaches and parks are LITERALLY the only redeeming factor of being so isolated from the rest of the world.

No new zealand used to have an eagle that was able to pick up moas and est in mid flight

Yeah, I know all about Haast's Eagle. That's not what I mixed up the Moa with.

>tfw you will never have footage of a Haast Eagle picking up tourist babies and flying to its lair

Fucking Maoris

I live in the Northeastern US.

But user brown people are always so respectful of nature and would never do anything to upset the natural balance of the wild ;^)

Honestly first read that he saw a kiwi fucking a moose.

Damn kiwis enjoying summertime now. I'm freezing.

NZ summer is barely summer.

Ok yeah it's an island and you get the moderating effect from the ocean.

Fuck off and go outside once in your life

25-35 degrees is not "barely summer"

maybe he lives in southland or otago, but even there it can get quite hot late in the year

Sounds cold

Dude, call right now, we killed all our mooses, that's some really fucked up shit, mooses are assholes, southern countries invades by northern scum is not ok.

Beavers are the animal that kill more people in chile (2 a year) after horses (4-6). NZ is even weaker, m8, seriously,save your country. Fucking canada.

Celsius degrees.

w-what do beavers do

Oh

When did you guys begins cucks to the french

New Zealand is 40 degrees south, that's about the same distance from the equator as the Northeastern US. Summer temperatures shouldn't be _that_ dissimilar.

They don't have a continental climate

I would really love to be a sc/out/ in NZ. Maybe one day anons, maybe one day before the world goes to utter shit.

we're surrounded by ocean though, so we get a lot of cold wind, and a fair amount of snow in the south

Kayaks clash their shitty houses and the people get trapped between the wood and can't turn it up.

They put their shit in places no one expects so kids and their dads die. We are used to have COWS in the top 5 killers in the country, counting cat infected wounds, dog attacks, and horses crashing with cars, so beavers in the second place it's a big thing.

That other American poster posted something about New Zealand getting a moderating effect from the ocean, but he deleted his post for some reason.

Australia would torch NZ desu

why

>tfw Dunedin
Everyone is either a ching chong, a gibsmedat, or a social justice cuck. Nuke us.

>He doesn't know

But you get to hike in middle earth

They lost to big flightless birds once, can't let a whole island of them so close go unchecked.

youtu.be/0h1XlsskYmY

>be innocent American
>snowmobiling on a path, can't go back or sideways only forwards
>moose on the trail, turns and looks at you
>clap at him in an attempt to introduce it to American customs
>it charges
>forced to shoot the shit out of it

And life goes on

m8 i was on the forests of the south and a 200 kilos boar started to look at me with mean eyes, i almost shat myself. I had one shot left,and i'm not a good shooter at all, chances i would had hit the shield and just piss him off, i ended up aiming to the log inches before his eyes to make a big noise, the pig run away after that, but fuck, i had never been more afraid, now i always carry a hand gun.

super fucking cool desu, please give us a play by play recount of what happened