/gg/ - Guitar and Bass General

CKY edition

Previous shitty thread: All useful links are compiled into this Pastebin link: pastebin.com/gqYwYEHn

Other urls found in this thread:

harmonycentral.com/forum/forum/guitar/acapella-29/1828928-/page2
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S46437653#p46450975
julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/192/lot/82530/?url=/view-auctions/catalog/id/192/?page=5&key=&cat=1164&xclosed=no
youtube.com/watch?v=XT3HF3ps0Ow
musiciansfriend.com/guitars/cordoba-c3m-acoustic-nylon-string-classical-guitar
a.clyp.it/u2ovkopb.mp3
youtube.com/watch?v=SG4d4KsnBbk
vocaroo.com/i/s020jucjujup
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

daily reminder to fucking lurk more you stupid fucking idiots holy shit i'm so tired of you all

It's hopeless, senpaitachi.

Neo-Sup Forums users don't know what b8 looks like, no matter how obvious.

I think the Iceman's a neat design.

DOD Overdrive Preamp 250

or

Earthquaker Acapulco Gold

???

>tfw I had to sit through CKY before a GWAR show
they literally had a CD player with a recording of people chanting CKY to try and get the crowd excited

Plus you can hang your reusable grocery bags on the cut.

that's pretty meta

Has anyone here hired an actual live guitar teacher rather than teach themselves off of internet videos?

Nah. I had an instructor for trombone but not for guitar.

>hiring a teacher yourself instead of having your parents do it when you're 13
What are you, some kind of strange 30-year-old man learning guitar?

Yes. I took lessons for a few months when I was a beginner. Helped out a ton. Should go back for more.

Roman has been terrorizing online guitar communities for well over a decade at this point. You're in way over your head here.
harmonycentral.com/forum/forum/guitar/acapella-29/1828928-/page2
We doxed him and even that didn't phase the fucker very long. He came right back in a few weeks and the little monster was shitting up threads like it never happened at all.
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S46437653#p46450975
This user is right. Lurk and STOP helping him you fucking idiots. If you haven't been here for at least three months SHUT THE FUCK UP you have no idea what's going on.

it had the opposite of the desired effect. Most of the crowd turned their backs and flipped the bird.

I went for about a year when I was 10. Learned some basic scales an technique. Fucked around on and off just learning songs. Recently went back to the same guy to try and make up for my severe theory deficit.

this. roman is the /gg/ troll equivalent of juggernaut from the xmen. nothing can stop him. pic related is what he does to every /gg/ he posts in

julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/192/lot/82530/?url=/view-auctions/catalog/id/192/?page=5&key=&cat=1164&xclosed=no

Would you cop, /gg/?

acapulco gold
i want one now wtf

WOULD I EVER

>estimate $4000-$6000

What kind of retard do they have making those estimates.

my guess is they're basing it all off the fact that he toured with it during his last tours, adn teh whole "last guitar he ever played thing". They're looking at it more as a collector's piece than as an instrument.

>Current bid: $27,500
Learn to read dumbasses

I know, i meant their estimate is way too low. I don't even listen to a lot of Zappa and I recognize that guitar

Who exactly is this 'Roman' fellow?

this is more accurate

h2practice regularly?
/no motivation/

get into the habit of it, then when you don't do it you feel bad
for motivation listen to guitarists you like, kinda works for me maybe

LeBeouf.png

had a very cool teacher when I first started, I remember once during a lesson he got a call from his wife telling him their pet bird had been Kilkenny a hawk pmsl

killed by*

>telling him their pet bird had been Kilkenny a hawk pmsl
what did he mean by this

Are solid state amps like Fender 85's used by Jonny Greenwood inferior to tube amps? If so or otherwise why did he use them, cheap?

But I'm not him, trust me

You're right
Go look through the previous thread

i want an 8 string and i dont know why

someone talk me into it / talk me out of it

I plan on getting one at some point for ambient guitar. At least if I find a good deal.
Yeah I'll probably chug on it too

im interested in an 8 string because playing a 6 string bass has conditioned me for gigantic fucking instruments. most guitars just feel like guitar hero controllers to me they're so small. i think the longer scale length and wider neck of an 8 string would be more comfortable.

Do you know how to play a 6 string guitar?

yes

Do you have disposable income?

i see where this is going
yes i do

Do you have anything else you're considering buying? If so, what?

a nice 4x10 bass cabinet. im currently using a 2x10 combo as the cab for my head

Anyone have a clue what a 1x18 bas cab would sound like with a guitar and guitar amp?

Which do you need more?

combine it with a 4x12 and youve got a doom metal rig for the ages

prolly pretty bassy

the cab, by far.
8 string would basically be a toy. id get a used one for cheap

Definitely wait on getting that toy then. Get yourself a real good cab

post irony?

Got the finishing touch for my pedal board. All the indie girls at shows will swoon over my craftiness

After market collage

>not plugging straight in

In general, do you prefer stratocasters or telecasters? And why?

Why does everyone prefer boss ds-1 over ds-2?

But user, they both suck.

Telecaster for the twangy sound. If i want to play more heavier genres i would play my SG

Don't forget, you're doing god's work user

this desu

Strats for their shimmer, glisten, bite, and floating bridge.

Fredrik Thordendal's almost-an-iceman is neat
Saw Triptykon last year too, they all had Iceman on stage and it kinda added to the show imo, it was a huge concert.
youtube.com/watch?v=XT3HF3ps0Ow

I feel the same way on guitars being small, but I wouldn't buy an 8 string just for that reason alone. Since 8s and bass 6s have apparently the same kind of neck width, it may also lead you to fucking up the string spacing when doing chords or arpeggios.
Have you tried some 7 strings ? Especially the longer 26.5" ones like Schecters or Ibanez RGDs

Anyone from Europe order from ishibashi?
I think I'm gonna buy my next guitar from them, the prices and variety are much better than anything you find around here.
But I'd like to hear some input from someone who did business with them; shipping prices, shipping times, if the item arrived ok, if they're helpful and quick to respond to emails, how payment went etc

Hed.l havw wor a clean shirt eoukdnt he ? God

>Hed.l havw wor a clean shirt eoukdnt he ? God

try again.

That looks like a japanese store. How the hell do you find cheaper stuff than Thomann in there?

ishibashi stocks some stuff that's not produced anymore or special jap editions iirc

And what are you after specifically?

My country has fuckall for variety, and a new mim strat would cost as much as a jap one + shipping. Plus there's stuff like aerodyne strats, or edwards guitars, or tokai...
Either yet another fucking lp style guitar, a strat, or an aerodyne jb. Hell even stuff not made in japan is cheaper than on, say, reverb.

Yup. But I didn't practice so I quit. Then 3 years later I started playing without lessons and have been at it for 8 years or so. Not sure if the lessons did anything

Uh... No... I'm not one of those creepy old guys he haha ha

>tfw 34 and my teacher is a dude in his mid 20s who gigs for a living
>I wanna turn back time
>give me your warm young blood filled with still-living dreams

Don't worry I know two dudes that are close to or in their 40s who recently started playing. Makes me feel good I started at 18 even though at the time I thought I started late.

HON THE CATS

I've been a die hard cky fan for years. seen them 13 times. occasionally talk to deron on facebook.

I'll fight you fag

See those 4 big boxes to the left? the H9, which is smaller, has every single algorithm that is included in those 4 big boxes, and then some more.

(it can't do two algorithms at once, but some algorithms are two effects at once )

musiciansfriend.com/guitars/cordoba-c3m-acoustic-nylon-string-classical-guitar

Should I? 200 bucks

that's amazing

How is my phrasing going?
a.clyp.it/u2ovkopb.mp3

I find the lack of knobs on that multi fx... disturbing.

It can be controlled with an iphone/ipad, but you can also access parameters that control the effects by using the buttons that are on the box

youtube.com/watch?v=SG4d4KsnBbk

who /diy/ here

found a a really nice ukulele in the trash with a torn off bridge so I held it by the neck and smashed it against a street post going to turn it tenor banjo with a cookie tin or tambourin body

might solder some piezo pickups and a jack because why not

Too bad, it can't be used on stage

It can be used on stage, you can prepare in advance the presets you want to use to access them faster, i think.

vocaroo.com/i/s020jucjujup

best ACDC tone I've managed to get out of this amplifier, for those with a super champ x2, using the 12th voicing, mark 3 on the gain, volume at 6.
Suddenly playing huge open chords is fun as fuck.

me too

>iwn play like this
I-it's shit, give up on guitar and pick up the kazoo

tune up man

jfc do you not have a tuner?

>All the indie girls at shows will swoon over my craftiness

You mean all the sweaty guitar nerds will come and make fun of you cause you don't own any non-mass produced pedals.

fucking pgs andy

>not making your own pedals

not sure if understood your post
are you memin'?

I'll make you a new little brother just let me call your mom.

no for real fuck wasting 80$+ on pedals just make them its easy and cheap

Yes, I am. Your phrasing is miles ahead of mine, especially if you're improvising there.

Isn't there a way to permaban him?