Just finished Dark Souls 3, anyone in a mood for a ds thread?

Just finished Dark Souls 3, anyone in a mood for a ds thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

beta.deadbydaylight.com/saveme/51cde826d7f0729e1af792e147d11608
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

self bumping

1-10, how would you rate the co-op?

i give it a 8/10 just because sometimes i had problems. i liked the game pretty much, but my favourite is always the first one

What kind of problems? I'm considering buying it, and the co-op is a big reason.

So, I fucking love ds1, but didn't get 3 at launch because I was afraid it would be as good or maybe less so than 2 which I still like but doesn't come close to 1 for me. So how would you rate 3 compared to its predecessors??

sometimes had problems summoning and got disconnected from the servers but it's a great game and you should buy it

There are few boss battles where summoned allies cannot go through the fog gate.

Woo dark souls

Is this a glitch, or was it intentional?

Glitch

over all the co-op could use some work sometimes you connect with friends within seconds, sometimes you'll have to wait for the second coming of christ just to see summon signs. That being said it's a solid entry 9/10 play it you scrub

Dark souls is a game I played years ago because I wanted an action RPG...I barely beat it but now I run around holding gigantic swords or shooting gigantic spells from my gigantic staff in my havels armor laughing at all the armorless invader peasants who think I cant resist back stabs.

In fact in dark souls 2 I invented a melee sorcerer build using havels armor and the black witch staff and letting enemies come close then just using melee strong attacks to kill them. Mix damage ftw.

Invaders thought they were smart...until the mage beat them in 2 hits without using magic.

Good times in dark souls 2

Summoning for Co-Op can be a huge pain, with failed summons, disconnects and less than great servers (see videos of sliding players and bosses and everything else). Though it is the best it's been in the series in DS3 now that they have Password Matchmaking that eliminates Level requirements, so you and your friend don't have to work out what level to be.

wtf how do you get high lord wolnir there?

Photoshop

No one ever gave smough's armor any love:'(

I got cursed by the basilisks in the Depths or whatever in DS1 and quit playing. Worth going back?

Yes

Co-op is decent id give it a 9/10 cause I love sunbroing and mound makers can d fun as fuck. Just wish blades of dark moon wasn't such a pain in the ass to rank

No you're not worthy

aw true bik boi

It's people like this who make everyone think dark soul players are pretentious assholes

They've worked out a lot of the glitches with te past couple updates. First week or two summonin was a shit show but these days I have no problem picking up people or invading on the xbone servers and plenty of signs to be found even in late ng+

I've been playing souls games since Dark Souls 1, and I personally have found Dark Souls 3 to be very fun and enjoyable especially in it's PvE aspects (except a couple of things like a naked hollow staggering with a dagger swipe since poise does fuck all now). However I must say, I feel like there are much fewer viable PvP weapons in comparison to Dark Souls 1 and especially in comparison to Dark Souls 2. I know that a good enough player can do well with pretty much any weapon in PvP but some weapons feel like they are basically obsolete. For example, why would I use a greatsword (type of weapon not the actual greatsword) when they're out damaged by, less stamina efficient than and more easily parryable at times than straight swords? And on top of that they are completely out hyper armoured and out traded by ultras, as far as I can see there is no reason to use one for PvP past challenging yourself. I've also noticed a bit of a lack in build variety which I believe to be an consequence of all the love they've been showing quality builds in Dark Souls 3, and the massive need to magic it needed a nerf but for PvP it's been nerfed into the ground, most spells can be dodged by strafing to the left or right while locked on. But the for the most part I still find PvP to be thoroughly enjoyable.

why don't you stfu you fucking no talent slip dick
Also I love dark sauce 1 its my favorite game, 3 is pretty damn good but sill never beat the original lore

*nerf to magic not need to magic

>talking shit about armor less invaders
Pssh curved exile gs, hornet ring, 40 str, and caestus for parry. Who needs armor when you can parry into a one hit on anyone in ng? That being said I wear onion bro's helmet cause toast the thug

Need 2 more.

beta.deadbydaylight.com/saveme/51cde826d7f0729e1af792e147d11608

Whoever joins gets a free game of their choosing. If we don't get 2 more no-one gets a game from me.

Plus join and you get a free beta code!

What if Dark Souls was in the 80's?

>500*4+8*2
>giving a shit about what people think about yourself
pls git gud

I do miss miracles being strong offensively, now it's pathetic and only good for healing...

I also noticed that sorceries are pretty damn weak as well without a massive investment of int.

And pyromancy is crazy strong with minimum effort. My friend is running around slamming lava globs for 900 damage and my soul spears do 620 if I'm lucky.

Also for God's sake warn me if I'm being summoned into a world with a red phantom or 3... last night I got summoned into Anor Londo and I get ready to help and I just see the host running, and 3 blue/red/bad phantoms chasing him. Luckily his other 2 phantoms joined quick but that was a clusterfuck

Well all armor is gone to the way side in ds3 until they fucking fix poise. But pvp is still great for 3. I mean there's a lot of variety still and greatswords are a viable option. I mean I went on a 6-0 on invades the other day even a couple ganks and I was rocking curved exile gs. I do wish they would buff demon fists a bit though cause it's reminiscent of bone fists from ds2 but it's not doing enough damage for me to use it as effectively as I used bone fists in 2. Also weapon art imo adds a new and exciting element to pvp

Don't play DS3 then.
It "forces" hetero-sexual agendas by making Anri, your potential "spouse" to be the opposite sex.

>1+1=2
>Being an asshat

Git gud

Dark Souls 3 Blood Dragon.
I'd play it.

Dark souls pvp and multiplayer sucks. 7 years later and they still can't fix it. It's like they're not even trying.

Oh yeah I forgot about that....can't imagine anri being a dude though

Oh well free stuff is free stuff.

But seriously am I the only one who had troubles with constant invasions right after pointing sulyvan? I mean free souls is cool, but half the time the little chicken shits would hide next to the silver knights and spam Hello!

>So I use a giant seed and watch the carnage.

Ng+ nameless king is giving me a bit of trouble, but I guess irithyll rapier+5 and havels gsh is an aight strategy.

Overall I found it pretty fun

I should have been more specific, curved greatswords are still more than viable for PvP (even though all their attacks can be parried now), and the the Exile GS is a fantastic weapon, with sharp infusion at 40 dex with the minimum strength requirement I believe my AR was around 570. I mean regular greatswords ate oboselete, such as the bastard sword and most other greatswords which for the most part are outclassed by both straight swords and ultras. I know what you mean about the Demon Fists though, fist weapons are a joke in this game, and it doesn't help that the Demon Fists have split damage which is also a joke in this game.

After Pontiff is a high-traffic PvP zone due to the large amount of Covenants that use that zone (Aldrich Faithful, Rosaria's Fingers, Darkmoon Blades, Mound Makers... pretty much everyone but the Watchdogs.

As such, it's also become home to the Fight Club scene.
Just go through Hollow, kill Aldrich and then summon from Red Signs.

>Black Knight Archers
OP didn't know what the fuck they're talking about.

It's true though, if you aren't using Astoria straight sword, or a long sword, you may as well skip great swords and go straight to ultras. Take a small speed drop and deal much more damage.

It is way better than ds2, but still doesn't quite touch ds1. Very good game though

I know, I hope it was a simple typo. Just read black, as silver and your set
Also guys I only got like 4 more of these is anyone else posting?

I'm sure he meant silver knight archers.
Oh the flashbacks from anor londo

Did anyone encounter this problem with Dark Souls 1? I wanna play it really bad, but I can't find a solution. It crashes when I want to start a new game or even enter settings in main menu. I've read that it's an issue with monitors that don't have the refresh rate of exactly 60Hz. Mine has 75 and it's locked that way, so can't change it. Does anyone know what can be done?

Oh I found a related picture for pvp

Which I forgot to post

My favorite boss in dark souls probably.

Maybe

Ok Havel was the best boss but still, blade wolf was pretty good

Bit of a long shot, but have you tried the unofficial 60 fps patch?

I got a few.

>My very own sun!

A picture I didn't have, incredible

to ones self. They are kinda and peaceful to her

Lol, at the same time

Also I think that's it, gonna check my phone but I think that's all of them

Woo.

Maybe it's just me that's noticed this but katanas are much easier to parry now, however in my opinion this is a good thing, since it encourages katana users to mix up their attacks more so that they don't get punished with the hornet ring. It's much more interesting to fight katana users now that use things other than R1s and running attacks.

/watch?v=ZRVl4YI8oo0

#makelondorgreatagain

I've already tried unlocking framerate as well as refresh rate in DSfix, Sup Forumsro, if that's what you mean.

Yep, that's one for the books.
I say as that happens quite often.

Not really a Dark Souls image, but I still like it.

Prasin Bran.

The latency is pretty bad imo. Especially when a host summons while invading then they end up in the t pose for the rest of the invasion. I've noticed it lags whenever there is a summon. Could be my shitty internet though