Let's see if the vapid children in Sup Forums know anything about music except pop...

Let's see if the vapid children in Sup Forums know anything about music except pop. Who are the three best guitarists of the 20th century?

My list:

1. Jimmy Hendrix
2. Stevie Ray Vaughn
3. Liona Boyd

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7lL1CW140FQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1. Dimebag
2. Dimebag
3. Dimebag

Not even in the top 20.

Jack White is my favourite

Slash, Beck, Clapton, Malmsteen, May, Bowie, Vai, Morello, and even second-tier guitarists like Ramone, Cobain, and Vai are all better than Dimebag Darrell.

Yeah, that's what I thought. This fucking place is dead. The idiot children here know nothing except fucking Taylor Swift.

Jimi hendrix
Jimmy Page
Tom Morello

Beck, Guthrie Govan, Brian May

George Harrison's in there somewhere

You are literally retarded.

1.Hendrix
2.Page
3.Gilmour

Frank Zappa

Joe Satriani

Eddie Van Halen

Clapton, Hendrix and Harrison
Those 3 made playing the guitar the instrument as popular as it is now.

1. Van Halen
2. Steve Vai
3.Mark Knoffler

Why, because your favourite stoner musician doesn't make the cut?

Pat Martino, George Benson, Wes Montgomery

you say Cobaine was a good guitarrist AND you dont like stone-musicians?

that's wrong as well as contradictory

>Steve Vai
would have been nothing without Zappa & Satriani

Dick Dale
Guthrie Govan
Paco de Lucia

youtube.com/watch?v=7lL1CW140FQ

Liona Boyd? Seriously? If you're talking classical guitar, she doesn't hold a candle to Segovia.

Also, while Jimi Hendrix is undisputed by anyone with a brain, and to a lesser degree Stevie Ray Vaughan, it's hard to leave out Eddie Van Halen, however much his music sucks. He was hugely influential.

We're still leaving out guys like BB King or Joe Pass or Wes Montgomery or Chet Atkins. Not everyone genius guitarist was in rock.

pic unrelated

More than Robert Johnson, Django Rheinhardt, and Chuck Berry?

And water would be nothing without Oxygen.

Well it would be hydrogen but you get my point, no artist is an island in an ocean, the entire music world is collaboration and inspiration, people learning and being influenced by each other.

So cut that shit, Steve Vai is an incredible guitarist.

No particular order:

John Frusciante
Brian May
Jimmy Page

Dave Gilmour,
Mark Knopfler,
Daniel Lanois.

Yeah.
Those 3 created the core factors. My 3 where the earliest to distribute them to a global audience is all I'm saying.

>implying guitar isn't an over-rated instrument that's over-represented due to it's extremely common use in pop music

Segovia might be technically more skilled, but Boyd has more range. Segovia's sound is rigid. No soul.

& you're an incredible dipshit who doesn't understand my point

This.
My fav instrument is the guitar, but even I know that it's one of the most superflous instruments (in a mid/large band setup. Trio's are fine) and is the most over exposed instrument in the world.

Well, we can't all be afficionados of the electric bassoon or jazz flute or jew's harp or whatever obscure hipster instrument you champion.

It's not like she isn't amazing, and she plays a lot better than me, but greatness is in part about influence, and nothing in the classical guitar world changed on her account. Julian Bream and Christopher Parkening have set the modern standard.

>vapid children
>posts vapid bullshit
I only listen to the guttural subhuman grunts of the man I keep in a hole in my basement when I throw things in the hole. That's true music.

Your point is shit and your argument null, so kill yourself. Theres the door.

your father should have pull out faster

is mommy reading this to you?

>*pulled

Chuck Schuldiner, Dave Mustaine, Tommy Iommi

I guess it comes down to personal preference. I grew up listening to Boyd (and Nana Mouskouri, FWIW), so I've always considered her the standard against which I judge others.

Wow, so smart. Your comebacks are so fucking smooth dude.

Dave Mustaine isn't worthy to lick the dick sweat off most of the guitarists mentioned in this thread.

Johnny Winter
Jimmy Page
Jimi Hendrix

You guys dont have a clue what youre talking about

Paul Gilbert
Marty Friedman
Jason Becker

None of these kids music stars youre naming can play at a half respectable bpm

Ted Nugent

Jimmy Page
Jimmi Hendrix
Stevie Ray Vaughn

Here come the shitposters. How about Kim Mitchell while we're at it?