This goes out to anyone who isn't happy and they don't know why. To the people who know why they aren't happy...

This goes out to anyone who isn't happy and they don't know why. To the people who know why they aren't happy, but also know they should have gotten over it a long time ago.

What needs to be realized is that you are the only one in control of your emotional destiny. Maybe it's some girl getting you down, maybe your parents weren't the best, or maybe social stigma is making you feel like the loneliest person on the planet. Whoever you are, I just wanted to tell you that you can change your outlook, and change your life.

What you must realize in order to overcome it is that if you can't control your emotional state, you must be addicted to it.

Read that last sentence again. How did that make you feel? Shocked? Perhaps angry that I'm trying to dumb down your life and feelings to a simple set of sentences? That's just a bunch of bullshit, right?

If you've ever seen an intervention, you might realize that that is also a common reaction for a drug addict. Denial and Anger. But you need to stop denying it Sup Forumsrother or you won't ever get better. You've dug yourself a fairly deep hole there, and it is going to require all of your effort to escape from it. You can do it.
Emotions, when you really break them down, are just small chemical sequences called neuropeptides. Every cell in your whole body has receptor sites on it for these neropeptides to lock into, an when this happens your cells, and thus you, are provoked into a particular state of existence. This is how stress itself can literally kill you. Although it manifests itself in ways that could lead you to believe otherwise. And if the same peptides are dumped frequently, more of their specific receptor sites will form. This is you digging your metaphorical hole. And you need to stop before the hole gets too deep to pull yourself out of.

Now this is all obviously a lot easier said than done. So I'm not going to leave you without a few instructions and tips:

Finding your passion in life is the best way to go about all this. It's an independent way for you to do something you love. Find your passion and use it as your chemo for this cancer that is infecting your mind. It will help distract it from all those horrible things constantly running through your mind. And hey, it might just get you a job doing something you love in the process. My passion is astronomy. I find the vastness of everything astounding.

The other thing I can advise is that you start looking for humor in everything, you're already on Sup Forums so that should be fairly natural for you. When you wake up and go look in the mirror, smile. I'm sure you've tried before but that was just a smirk, just for a second, you didn't even really try. TRY. Give yourself a big toothy grin. You look like a jackass. Laugh!

tl;dr Stop shooting yourself with that emotional needle. Dark depressing thoughts are worse than heroin. At least heroin takes effort to put into your system. Thoughts aren't so easily kept at bay.

I believe in you. And there's no time like the present. So why don't you get started?

Hey. Thanks man. Really.

Fuck man... Im really trying to get out of this shit, but it is too late I guess. The hole is wayyy too deep for me to escape.

Tldr :^)

thank you

n/p

Sure, it feels that way. But at that point there's nothing left to lose -- make the change, why not?

got lots of anger and lust for revenge on people, so basically alcohol represses that anger for so much time that you still think it happened like a week ago.

This is quality, OP. Thank you.

Thank you dear OP.

This is what I needed at this exact time.

Thanks based user, perfect timing.

screencapped for future reference

I drank. A lot. Not so much these days. Didn't have to hit "rock bottom", but had a friend that did and made it clear that alcohol use can quickly become a problem.

funny you write that...

OP is a fag, but he is our fag.

I really want to change my life man, but there is something inside me that is not letting me. Its been 3 years, every single day the first thing in my mind when I wake up is 'kill yourself' but I fucking cant and I dont know why. 2 months ago I meet the most amazing girl on earth, had sex for the first time in my life. I wasnt feeling happy tbh, but I wasnt feeling sad either. Things were looking good for me but then that 'feeling' came back. I pushed her away.. Its been 3 weeks since the last time we spoke. I had to block her in whatsapp cause she kept texting me about how much she miss me. Why did I fucking block her? Idk man idk.. I dont want to be loved, but at the same time, I want to love and be loved... the fuck is wrong with me man, I dont like this :(

>2016
>quality post
Wats happening lads

Talk to me user, what happened 3 years ago (if anything)

Holy fuck. The amount of faggotry is almost unbearable. What a pussy

>What needs to be realized is that you are the only one in control of your emotional destiny.
stopped reading there
free will is an illusion

emotions are brought forth from all things in life concepts and actions of yourself and others, l have found emotions can be largely connected to roles of ego such as pride insecurity etc these all can bring forth differences also the body stores data on previous reactions on how you survived those situations etc the trick is to think and be grounded if youw ant to control your emotions look from other perspectives you could use this for good or evil but l see people using this energy to their advantage though whatever you want in life lol become hitler

Get help.

Talk to someone, even if just here.

SSRIs have been a godsend for me. First time was back in June '10, back when some user first posted this. Things had been good but hit a rough patch, talked to my doctor and have been taking them again for the last few months.

Maybe it's a crutch. Maybe I have a real brain chemistry issue. The drugs are helping me get out of my current rut, giving me that little extra strength to, well, just to get out of bed in the morning.

welp

Left my hometown, my family, friends and the love of my life. Moved to a big city to change my life for the better, since I was having a lot of troubles there (specially drug problems). Yeah i stopped smoking weed and all that shit but at what cost? I lied to everyone, I lied to HER. I told her i didnt love her, but it was just a huge lie. Ever since then, every day has being a nightmare. Every time something 'good' happens to me, I find the way to fuck it up. Im sick of this bullshit life. Sick of having to smile when I dont really want to. Im just sick man.. sick inside.