/xskg/ - Ex-Scene Kid General

itt: Look back on a darker (and/or more neon coated) time in your life; who were your favorite shitty metalcore bands? what finally took you out of it?

I'll start

Personally, the single biggest reason I abandoned the Warped Tour scene was just finding better music, but it also was really starting to bother me how so many bands in that scene were cashing in on suicide prevention (and definitely also getting pussy from it.)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pHfJr9cdEL8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

One of the dudes from Falling in Reverse had sex with my girlfriend. Couldn't do it anymore.

holy shit same thing happened to me but with a dude from of mice & men

those dudes really like their young girl snatch

I still love going to shitty metalcore shows. They're fun and full of hot girls with daddy issues. I got laid after an Asking Alexandria that I also got a concussion at.

I don't really follow any of the new music from those bands anymore. Like, the first album is usually relatively really heavy and raw but by the second or third album, they basically become an edgy pop band making music that only appeals to teenage girls. Then they promise that the next one will be like the first but it never is and once the fans get fed up and stop listening to the new stuff, they do "anniversary" tours just playing the first album.

Also yeah all the guys in these bands are just in it for the pussy.

I was more of a crunkcore kid but still enjoyed some metalcore.

I didn't exactly drop out of the scene, the scene just moved away from me. Most artists dropped the neon let's-have-fun act and got serious and as a result, more boring. Stuff You Will Hate shutting down was also a nail in the coffin of the scene being dead.

In my opinion, Warped Tour was officially dead when YouTubers started performing on stage.

Social Repose needs to die

wtf

I still give some old albums some spins now and again, but the sound stagnated quickly. Any new bands in the genre sound like crap, or just sound like complete rehashes.

i really don't wanna think about those times dude

used to go see the semester and four letter lie play at the garage here in minnesota. back when mod sun was drumming for four letter lie. was pretty fun, my friends were in bands there was like 3-5 of them that played any given weekend so we'd all go up there. i used to have jet black hair and tight jeans etc.

is blink 182 scene?

>is blink 182 scene?

im just wondering because its the only band that I listen to that could be considered "scene" aside from KANOOKLA POOK

the golden age of statutory rape

best band was poison the well

>tfw you were never a scene kid
>tfw you will never be a scene kid
>tfw you used to be a truemealfag
and you think your teenage years were bad
i've actually been getting into this stuff for a few weeks or maybe months now, ISMFOF's first album is probably my favorite. i've always made the connection from scene to lolsorandum for some reason, but sadly them and WBTBWB were the only bands to actually go for the dadaist route that i heard of

I wouldnt consider them scene. They came around a long time before scene was a thing.

Blink 182 is not scene or that band you mentioned. How old are you? How do you not know this?

im 18, I was never really involved with the scene community when I was younger and there was never scene kids at my school so its mostly foreign to me

>I was more of a crunkcore kid

Pleb as fuck but I love Motionless in White because they call out the bandwagon everyone's getting into about "music saved my life."

check out chiodos and dance gavin dance. dgd has ascended from scenecore but they wouldnt be nearly as popular without the scene following

Bring me the horizon, thankfully it was short lived and I actually walked into a hot topic to buy a shirt once. Yep.

Shadow moses though is actually still decent to me, other than that no.

I liked that vic fuentes kid though for about 3 days (thankfully(

I'm pretty sure Vic Fuentes is like in his mid-30s
He dresses and acts like a kid so the teen girls like him

My Chemical Romance dropped Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge when I was in 8th grade and I remember being so blown away by it. They were the first non-classic rock band I got into and for the next five years (this was 2004) I was a full on scene kid

lmao yeah, but desu most scene fans would be better off commiting sudoku

>tfw still listen to this shit
kill me

From Under the Cork Tree is a good album and i will not be convinced otherwise

i know that its not metalcore but its still kind of sceney right

>tfw I'm excited for Paramore's upcoming album
>tfw I just bought the Black Parade anniversary album for the demos
>tfw I listened to Hawthorne Heights today
>tfw I only wear black and shop at Hot Topic
>tfw My room is Halloween themed
>tfw I want to professionally write poetry

I just turned 21 Sup Forums I'm still trying to live as an emo kid far past my prime. Please help end my life

>and shop at Hot Topic
fucking why???

I was fat in high school so I didn't fit into their ultra skinny everything but now that I do it's like fulfilling a long lost dream. Although I always check the band's website first to see if I can order specific merch I want from them.

I always hated scene and emo culture. It was supposed to be a safe haven for freaks, but you had to be a cute little twink to fit in as a guy, and a sexy little nympho if you were a girl.

I could never pull off the flippy hair and it pissed me the fuck off.

>tfw Danny Worsnop is coming back to AA and im actually pretty excited about it
Stand up and scream was a pretty good album and danny was and probably still is a pretty fucking good singer.

>It was supposed to be a safe haven for freaks
no it wasnt. it was always for skinny good looking people.

Then why the suicidal depressing themes?

its usually for attention. emo and goth shit is more for the outcasts/suicidal people.

I wholeheartedly agree

I still like metalcore and post-hardcore stuff like asking alexandria's first album, the first couple attack attack! albums, emarosa, early escape the fate, and stuff like that. My sister had quite a bit of influence of me when I was 12 so I ironed my hair and wore purple skinny jeans and the like. She got me into the prior-mentioned stuff and that was where I got my start in "dark" music. I moved shortly after this began, and I continued at my new school for a few months before I was moved to a school for bad kids, had to get a haircut, dress code, and I found I didn't care enough about the look or anything to persue it further. After a bit of a hiatus (ha), I got into metal again with death's human. After going down that rabbit hole for a couple years I've topped out at dark ambient, black metal and death metal.

For me, Asking Alexandria was the gateway band that allowed me to accept more extreme vocal styles. It exposed me to metal and I'm very grateful for it, as I got bored of AA and moved on to heavier and heavier stuff.

To be honest I still unironically enjoy their music, as well as a few other "scene" bands. It just entertains me and I enjoy the naive attitude + nostalgia of albums like Stand Up And Scream

Attack! Attack!
What brought me out of it: Meshuggah

blessthefall was my favourite, and saosin's s/t. btf's first album is still kinda alright, except the production is absolutely horrible. got all their songs on limewire though so I had no idea

That album has always had a lot of admirable qualities to me, like that attitude, the very distinct vocal aspect, and honestly distict everything. Metalcore has always had that, bands don't really blend into one another. Anyone can tell a killswitch track from an aa track and an aa track from a devil wears prada track in a heartbeat. What do typically listen to nowadays?

does Brand New count?

I always felt like they were above the emo trend in that respect

nah. taking back sunday kinda does though.

guess we know who came out on top in that situation huh

they both went to shit after their second albums though :^)

Was particularly into Underoath and bands like them. Left because I grew up.

19 (almost 20) year old avant teen now.
hahaha WHAT

>don't talk about how you just saw brand new live and cried even though they literally didn't care they were playing

I can't claim to have very patrician taste lol. I've been listening to a lot of mainstream rock (Muse, Arctic Monkeys, MCR) as well as a good dose of black / death metal

Ex-scenie weenie here. Wore OM&M shirts with the hair flip and errythang. Scene bitches are always fucked in some way man. Whether it's daddy issues or straight up insecurity, they're always ready-to-fuck sloots. They usually love to drink or do molly, crazier ones do crystal and blow.

shit dude i never expected a thread like this

i was super scene when i was like 12-15 years old, 2005-2008. it was a pretty shitty time for me because i used to be the kid who was really smart and did all the work and everything but was still "cool" so i got respected in earlier grades. then that stopped working so in like 8th grade i started trying to fit with the scene kids. even though i actually pulled off the look really well imo, the scenesters in my school were all assholes and hated me for pretty much no reason and i had no friends and started going into a downward spiral of depression and also fucked up my grades. then i started exploring music more and phased out of scene.

it was kinda fun while it lasted. i changed the color of my hair as often as possible, and sometimes i did the whole rainbow thing which was tacky as hell but kinda cool in a weird way. i listened to most of the standard scene shit, but the one that stood out the most was from first to last. their first album was my absolute favorite at the time, and i actually still enjoy it. i also had a massive crush on the frontman, sonny moore, who we now know as skrillex.

here's my favorite song from that time
youtube.com/watch?v=pHfJr9cdEL8

Holy fucking shit this
I used to love finding new bands cause most of the time they were playing fresh and heavy shit
then the next album would just sound like pop with loud guitars
Got sick of it after a couple years

Same. I simply enjoy this type of music, eventhough I've never dyed my hair or something.
I'm cringing at all these 13 year old girls.

I just thought it was cool from about 15 - 17, i also had a girlfriend who was pretty into it. I was always on the fringe of it (pun intended) and had my hair dyed blonde and pink at one stage.

My fav bands were escape the fate, asking alexandria, as blood turns black, born of osiris and old a7x. I also tried at one stage to get into brokencyde but just couldn't

man i ussed to love asking alexandria so much, honestly their first album, while kinda cheesy , is still fun to listen to, that motionless in white, attack attack stuff like that

Most teenage scene post I've read all night.

awkward

>19
>grew up

From the time that I was 13/14 to now? uh, ya.

Life is p different now. :p

Sure but you havent grown up youngin

>asking alexandria was my gateway into extreme vocals
>people on this board are young enough for asking alexandria to have been a gateway for them

jesus fucking christ. i need to get out of here. metalcore was already becoming old hat by the time they droppped their first album, for some reason it just exploded even bigger in the next 4 or so years. now it's all fucking stale and no one in the "scene" is doing anything new. more bands need to follow fall out boy and panic at the disco's lead and get the fuck out of that scene and style while they can.

Was into asking alexandria and other edgy shit. My fav band used to be bmth. Then I visited mu and fell in love with metal (especially black metal). Left this cancerous scene and told my gf I was done being cancer. She still liked bvb so I fucked her and left her about 2 weeks after. Thanks, mu

>tfw your gf will never be fucked by a 32 year old preying on teenage fans

Is this /badmusicgneral/?