Nope, not a single guitarist.

yeah reporting in.

I only play guitars on fire

Play a real instrument like fruity loops

yes

Yes, i play the geetar.

All these guitarists but not photos of guitars

Acoustic masterace

Been playing guitar for almost 5 years and bass for almost 4 I like bass the most. How long have you been playing?

About 12 years now, buying a bass is next on my list

What bass you looking at getting? And 12 years? Keep at it man what type of music you play?

Music man would be awesome, literally all genres of music. Lately I've just been writing lots on piano but yeah I enjoy and listen and play all music. Wbu?

Thatd be nice they have a really nice tone, and the same I play punk, metal, corridos, etc i just started getting into theory and learning my scales and all that junk

I play my guitah

What kind of bass is that?

Ibanez gsr 205 with some really surprising seymour duncans

Been playing for almost 13 years now

What gear you use?

Nice storage. I just keep mine in cases.

>
>
>, literally all genres of music.

Plays some rock

I've been using a cheap Strat I picked up a while ago and modded a bit. I also just got a Crate flexwave 120 head with Marshall 4x12 cab. Nothing too fancy, but it's got the sound I'm looking for. Pic is of my guitar

Wut

I play bachata and rancheras not just rock cool out

Im here

My pos keith urban acoustic. Her name is matildah

That's all I got ( pictured with my basses above) its not the price tag but how you play as long as you give it all the effort any squire can sound great. Any guitars you really want?

>I play bachata and rancheras not just rock cool out

Ooh those are definitely all genres of music

I have an Ibanez RG also but im too fucking lazy to take a picture of it

Yeah, here are my guitars

>having this bad of a sarcasm meter

Just built this '57 strat.
Still need to lacquer the neck and file the nut to depth.

Exactly. I've been through a couple squires and some of them aren't too bad. The guitar I use now is just a Mexican strat but I swapped some parts out. It's all about the player, never the price. But I've always wanted a goldtop Les Paul or an American Strat Deluxe. What about you, man?

Any one got tips on paying?
I just started and have been learning a bit of theory. I know of basic chords and scales and and learning online. I'd say I'm intermediate now but I'm still not at a comfortable level, I lack a lot.

I'd like to play rock mostly but I like the guitar over all. Any first hand tips?
Please, I want to excel

Just realized, this pic was before I was done buffing - was just test fitting some stuff. Only one I had with all the parts on it.

Been playing 17 years. Have an american strat and a gibson lea paul studio as my go to's. Still use my old crate amp from highschool mostly. Pedals: rotovibe, dunlop wah, fuzz box, flanger, delay. I play mostly hendrix style 60's and 70's shit.

Play and learn songs you enjoy

Explore different types of music and styles

Keep trying new stuff

Find a good teacher

You are the reason I don't like talking to people I played classical in high school sorry I don't some aboriginal music or Mongolian folk music

>V shaped EQ
enjoy your mudfart tone

Bassist if that counts

Well it's not my fault that someone comes up with "I literally play all genres of music" when that's clearly impossible. For instance, I don't think anyone here plays bossa nova properly.

I've played both at this music shop by me and God they feel so great but a little to pricey and I'm good just finally bought a 5 string I've really wanted just kinda want a nice fender p bass or a 1970s guild bass

I taught myself how to play and I would highly recommend trying that out. Develop your own playing habits and keep at some of the theory. Also, if you can, learn to read music. I studied classical guitar and it's really helped a lot, so that's also a bonus. Just check some stuff out on the internet and have fun with it

We'll I'm doing so. I can play some classical songs and a few modern Songs but OK, any thing else?
Maybe I lack creativity...
I have no money as it is...college life man..

Tips on practicing? Improvising?

I'll take anything, and I'll listen, just feel getting the most responses will give me an array of ideas to work with

Yes that counts what bass do you play?

I'd kill for a p bass. I just wouldn't play it enough to justify buying one. What kind of amp do you use?

Use a metronome, always. When learning a new lick or a song, start slow then gradually speed it up with your metronome with like 5-8 bpm intervals until you're up to the desired tempo

This, try learning pitches by ear and read notes and learn some music theory

1. Stop whining
2. Spend a summer in new Orleans
3. Quit college and be the next Clapton

>Play, listen and enjoy all genres of music
does not literally mean I meticulously went through each and every genre ever and tried them out because I haven't lived long enough for that. But it means am open to anything and play too many genres to list off the top of my head, I'm not in a band or anything I'm not a professional musician focused on one genre I just play and enjoy as much music as I can of all types. Chill out

faaaaaag

I can read, used to forcefully play piano.
Anything in particular in theory? I know chord constructions, intervals, major and fee other scales. Confused on modes. But I'm trying. Anything else?

I'm thinking of analyzing songs using the theory as well

>Improvising?
You can practice putting individual notes together and making rhythms up on the spot, or you could learn different note patterns and rhythms and mixing them up.
Some people use some combination of both.

I got a laney 150 watt bass amp from some old man for 25 dollars and man is it a steal it sounds really great, What so you use?

Post whatever y'all niggas want

Reporting in

Ibanez hollowbody
Epiphone sg custom bass
Thunderbird 4

Process of aquiring a epi les paul studio ...

Also an ashton 3/4 and hot rod squire

Oh shit I guess I have to kill myself someone called me a fag, fuck off nigger

As far as theory goes, start with some basic key signatures. Just sharps and flats. after you get good at those, learn your pentatonic patterns and everything will start to fall into place. Modes become much easier after you know key signatures and pentatonics. Also, your basic major scales will help quite a lot.

I finally figured out that you don't have bevels. What model is that?

Shit...I do need that, I'm horrible with keeping beats. Thanks
I'm not whining, just making the most of the thread. And I'm not sure I'll be that good but will strive for it
I've just been doing it on the spot with scales but they all sound the same...which is why I asked about improvising...I should've added creatively improvising
Cool, got major and almost done understanding pentatonics today. We'll see how I fare with modes

8 years here.

While im sure music theory will help you out a lot, the best playing comes from the soul. I had some lessons, and pretty much stopped the instructor after a few days of "this chord is an Eb" type shit and said teach me a song. I barely know any chord names, but i know how to play them. I spent hours every day after school with a dvd player that i could loop song sections on and printed off tabs, practicing until i could play it right.

You're already off to a really good start. Another really important thing to remember is not to let anybody say that they're better than you. attitude is really important when learning. Just stick with it and you'll be learning new shit all the time

Its an rrx24

Exactly. Never comment on your own playing to another player. Let them do that for you. And if you know youre better, they do too, so tale the opportunity to teach them.

I play guitar, keyboard, harmonica, ukulele, bass, and mandolin. I've been playing music for 7 years now. Played at jazz festivals around California ever since 2013. I own 5 guitars, one of them is a Gibson Es 335.

I've been basing it off tabs too and got power chords down easy but I feel theory might help me understand the mechanics more, this just me. But I'm glad you still succeed in playing
I have been rather shy. I play indoors because I'm afraid of being judged since I'm 19 and just now learning. But I will start being more confident with it. I really wish to learn. I have been given advice by guests.
So be humble, OK, got it.

3 standards you enjoy?

To get better sooner you definitely need to interact with other musicians. Also a good approach to harmony is essential. I always say get a teacher, but if you can't, find some people to play with. Even church band might help as a last resort.

I play guitar, no way I'm a guitarist.

But since I picked up the guitar and dropped gaming, I'm shocked at how rewarding it was and how much I was missing out on for the past 23 years.
>pictured: reason I wanted to play

Oh, no doubt the theory will help you immensely. Just telling my personal story up to this point. I will eventually get around to some theory learnin'. Chances are i know a good bit of it, but just don't have a name for what im doing. Keep on keepin on and enjoy Sup Forumsro.

Oldfag Guitar guy reporting in. I've done about everything I set out to do, and am now kinda retired. How do you guys stay motivated to play in your later years?

There is a church near my apartment...I guess it'll have to do, if not go to the music building of my campus. Definitely will lay in public now when I see a fellow guitarist/musician
Thank you and like wise

what mandolin?

I know that I'll keep learning and getting better and one day i hope I'll be almost as good as Abraham laboriel

That's funny, I jusy turned 19 a few weeks ago. People are always gonna say shit and critique your playing. You've just gotta take it all in stride. Accept both positive and negative feedback, though. Once you get comfortable enough, look for some places to jam a bit. People will almost always listen

Reporting, fuck I love my axe

Not trying to stir this pot too hard but "shredding" to me is just fucking noise and has little musical value although I do completely appreciate the level of talent it takes in the same way I would applaud a competative cup stacker for their speed and coordination, that doesn't make them an illusionist.

I've been playing for more than 10 human years.
A majority of what I've played and composed are solo acoustic guitar instrumentals.
I've been a part of cover bands, as well a bands that have mainly played originals.

>human years
So umm what are you?

>Not trying to stir this pot too hard but "shredding" to me is just fucking noise and has little musical value
Some of it is just like listening to really fast music that sometimes doesn't have very much rhythmic variation, which it seemingly tries to make up for with melodic variation.

Oh, happy late birthday user.
And yea I'll get judged regardless, might as well do it and meet others. He'll the pressure from people might even motivate me to get better. Will definitely start by doing this

>So umm what are you?
I sexually identify as an attack helicopter, but I was born in a human's body.

But in all seriousness, I just have fun slightly altering common speech patterns and use of vocabulary.

Thanks user! If you find other people in the music scene near you, you'll probably get nothing but positive reinforcement and feedback. Try to collect little tips and tricks on the way and you'll never stop learning.

I thought I was the only one and that's kinda awesome you sounds like a really cool guy we gotta jam

I would like to take a moment to congratulate everyone in this thread for having a wonderful, civil, on topic conversation. This has been nice.

Not the first time I've heard that It's a bass amp not a guitar amp

Will do. And I'm sure I'll find someone in Austin.

But I will now sleep.
Night

Don't you get bored of doing the same thing all the time? Why don't you try switching it up a bit?

Austin, TX? Im in Fort Worth

Wednesday nights are now guitar/bass nights

Is it just me or does hanging guitars like that seem like it would put undue stress on the neck connection? I just use normal stands or keep them in the case.

Ok, serious question for all you Sup Forumsuitarists. How to you go about telling friends/acquaintances that you're a guitarists without sounding like a huge douche. Or do you normally embrace your inner egotistical faggot and use it as an icebreaker?

Seriously, I've been struggling with telling people I play guitar (for 10 years now) without sounding like an arrogant fuck

It hurts me when people do that mostly because most people I know that do that use it as decoration and rarely pick up the guitar

I thought that too, but some body shapes, like the Rhoads V, needs a wall hanger

bass should be sad face EQ

Something about meeting someone from Sup Forums seems kind of sketch, to be honest.
What do you play?

Hmm small world, and yes.