Rock climbing thread

Rock climbing thread

Any of you faggots climb? What grade you climbing at? It's easily my favourite hobby, been climbing for 3 years now, climb V4 boulders comfortably on a good day.

Let's talk

yeah V4 is nice but let me know when you reach Y17, thats where all the real action is. Especially freehand

Im not gonna waste time talking to a v4 amateur climber

V0 climber confirmed, bump

Currently on a hiatus because of injury and work. My comfortable grade (sports climbing) is about 6b+ / 6c, though I've on sited a 7b+ previously

>not knowing about Y17
oooh, I get it. You're a newclimber.
have fun boyo, maybe if you practice real hard someday the real climbers will tell you about the good stuff past V

5.10/5.9 lead

here rocking it in the PNW

That's cool, I can send most 6b+s I've tried first time, but only managed a couple of 6cs before.

bump

Just to translate, 6b+ and 6c are roughly 5.11a and 5.11b respectively in USA grades.

Im actually in a really similar place with my sports climbing, but my instructor said if I do some extra credit climbs he can bump me to a 6A+

Why don't y'all climb barefooted? It's easier that way.

indoors usually flash up to 12b/ V6, highest ive sent is 12d/ V8 - dont get outdoors much but highest ive sent is 11d/ V5

Its official, this is the gayest thread on /b

I need to go find a trap or cock r8 thread, anything would be less faggy than these made-up numbers

I was thinking 5.6 and was under impressed. That makes more sense

Indoors I can usually handle a G7 summit, but in the wild I stick to V8 or just a few AAAs

When was the last time you saw the sun, user?

Keep at it user, before my injury I was hitting the climbing gym 3/4 times a week then outdoor crags on the weekend. I find I do much better on climbs with lots of leg work so I'll easily do a 6c where the crux is some contorted bridge but struggle on a lower grade with smooth sloping holds.

Does anyone else not like gym climbing? Ive been climbing almost exclusively outdoors since I bought a rope and have no desire to go to a gym when I could go outside

Been climbing trees since I was, like, 5, and I moved to walls that are kinda like rocks, with smalls holes and ledges where you can barely rest your fingertips in. I want to move to rock climbing but I'm poor as fuck.

Actually yesterday. I was out obn this sick climb, I popped up a 6.5FTU then flashed the V5.5 before barrell-rolling up a 69

PNW climber here I will be back at it harder when I get my neck fixed I got a fucked C6/7 so my hands are real numb so I can't crimp for shit, and it is fucking my legs and balance now.

so I need cracks to jam so I dont do much at the gym lately and been hoping to avoid spinal fusion.

Don't get old it sucks

What grade would the rock in the pic be?

I would say 5.7 US grade

11th probly but it looks big mightve been held back

I think that one was a 5. That crag is a sun trap so it's great to have a bbq there. Grades range from 4+ to 6c

Well, then, I'm at that grade. Could you guys post pictures of harder to climb rocks with their respective grades? I want to know the level I'm at.

Climbing instructor here, anything you'd like to know?

That's a gorgeous rock. Where is that?

The brand of panties that your mother uses. For research and stuff

South Wales. There's a lot of nice places to climb.

Pictured is about a 6b+

A 6b I think.

woops sorry, I thought it was a climbing thread