Sup Forums - My hard drives have jsut caked themselves with 2000gb of games, videos, movies and pictures

Sup Forums - My hard drives have jsut caked themselves with 2000gb of games, videos, movies and pictures.

Yay.

I have new spares - a HDD and an SSD - my question to you wise ones is should I install trusted old Windows 7 or use the legit copy of Win10?

I have a lot of torrented games and software, and I've heard win10 is like cryptonite for pirated software.

I'm trying hard not to panic now that I've lsot so much data.

Any advice would be much appreciated, I love my rig and don't want to install a crappy OS if it is indeed crappy.

bamp

more

have you used windows 8.1 or 10 before?

if you liked either of those, go with 10. If you haven't or don't like either of those, go with windows 7. I haven't had a problem with windows 10 when it comes to torrenting games

sweet thanks

any advice on doing a fresh install of win10 one new hard drives for free?

>even considering installing windows 10

Not using Windows 10 is a meme. You'd have to be retarded to use any other version in current year.

5 rupees have been sent to your account. Thanks for your hard work Pajeet.

Don't forget to poo in the loo.

As long as you turn off all the stuff that sends shit to microsoft 10 is ok.

As a decently competent power user,
Currently there is really no advantage to using Windows 10, other than small increases in performance when opening media files. Also there seems to be less 'com surrogate' errors when opening media files, which was notoriously common on win7, and in my experience win10 boots up slightly faster than windows7, but with an SSD these time differentials are imo negligible.

However, from both personal experience and from the benchmarks I've read you really don't get any significant performance increase or decrease between the two operating systems in regard to gaming performance. The only bonus in Win10 that may be a factor in the coming years is DX12.

All in all, if you don't want to adjust to microsoft's new way of modernizing and categorizing things that used to be in different places (as control panel is now encapsulated in categories that are very close to what you would see in a mobile tablet or phone OS) just stick to windows 7.

You literally CAN NOT turn it off. Windows keeps spying on you even with telemetry switched off.
Microsoft already admitted that.

This is why I use a MAC, no more viruses or people spying on you. SMH are people who use windows and trust the government with their information, idiots.

Jus install windows 7 on the ssd and use this one ass torage B u can have Ll the files u dont have to reonstaöl enytho g

Macs are the most vulnerable computers out there f a m

user are you having a stroke?

What the fuck are com surrogate errors? I've been using Win 7 for years, and never encountered one.

Yep, Win 10 is a complete waste of space. No point in "upgrading" to it what so ever.

Just firewall it with your nix box. That's what I do for all my machines. No need to turn it off if it can't phone home.

The average user will have no fucking idea what you're talking about or how to do it.

Yeah, nobody except Apple...

I just realised an ass is a big "B"

They can learn, the same as I did years ago. We need more people with initiative & less spoon feeding anyway.

>Sup Forums - My hard drives have jsut caked themselves with 2000gb of games, videos, movies and pictures.
>
>Yay.
>
>I have new spares - a HDD and an SSD - my question to you wise ones is should I install trusted old Windows 7 or use the legit copy of Win10?
>
>I have a lot of torrented games and software, and I've heard win10 is like cryptonite for pirated software.

Thats dumb.

Also dont listen to any of these faggots. Windows 10 is the future, it was crappy when it came, ive had it since the beta because i hated 8.1 that much. But trust me, its the most customizable AND easy to use windows version ever. These retards do go out and dont have friends so they're left with their own autistic opinions. You can pirate and do whatever the fuck you want and more.

Hell, windows 10 will even support your pirated games and even treat it as any other by letting you record and all that other stuff.

Also its smaller than 8.1, so these people have no fucking clue what theyre talking about. Its also much faster to boot and load software, it takes much better advantage of an SSD. Get Windows 10.

I just realised my dick is a small "D"

8.anything was a heap of shit too. 7 is so much better than any version of 8 it's not even remotely comical. 10 was just MS taking the piss, a bit like WinMe.

It makes no difference to running pirated stuff, but if you don't at least know about all the hidden telemetery/data gathering crud they've piled into it, then you have no right to an opinion on it.

People like this are either autistic or have anxiety disorders and have no social life. AKA, too shy and afraid to come out of their shell or try anything other than what their used to. Dont be autistic. If you want proper gaming, (dx12) get windows 10 while its still free. If you decide you ARE autistic, you can revert later. Dont wait though, windows 10 wont be free for much longer.

>This is why I use a MAC
>no more viruses or people spying on you
kek of the day

Win 7 is way faster than 10 when you cut it down properly, the same as XP could be shaved down to boot in ~15 seconds. I made more than a few installers which required less then 250mb for XP, and only had the bare minimum of drivers required for any specific system/architecture type.

Anything "out of the box" from MS runs godawfully, and don't even get me started on preloaded machines full of bonus software packages/antivirus malware.

>nix box.
that's your belly, you can't see your dick

Install Gentoo

Windows 10 will always be free for me. DX12 won't be used properly for years.

Too afraid to try anything other than what we're used to? I'm used to DOS/Win 3.11/the whole mess that was 95/98/winme/2k/server, various flavours of linux (stuck with Slackware in the end)/Win XP/fuck knows how many other varients of windows. Trying new things isn't an issue, finding something better to replace a perfectly functional OS is.

95/98 were reasonable once patched, but that took a couple of years at least. XP was great, especially once cut down with a custom installer. 7 was even better with a few modifications. Pretty much every other MS OS in between those (and post 7) was/is trash.

thanks anons

I'm going to go with Win10

Sorry I learn things quickly & don't need to spend much time in front of a computer to pick shit up, hence no fat here.

Who the fuck buys "out of the box" machines? Build it yourself and install a fresh copy. Also I don't know where you get your misinformation, but windows 10 is faster, bottom line. There's nothing to
>shave down
When you install a fresh copy. Do some research. Build your own pc then you can talk to the adults.

If you want to play games in a year, get windows 10, dx11 is going to be shit in a year from now.

5 more rupees for you, Pajeet.

If you haven't got a boot usb/disk from a Win10 install, you will nwe'd to install 7, then upgrade, then creat a usb boot stick and then you can do a clean/freshuffle install over top. Did to mine after one Raid drive died a click of death (Raid - yeah yeah) and while the upgrade works fine, just felt it was a bit snappier fresh.

But make sure you check any other devices to see if they have win10 drivers. If nor, Visa ones usually work (but on.mine funnily the win7 & 8 ones dont)

Fucking retard.

>What is Vulkan - the post

I really, really like this image. Mind if I save it?

Like I said. Although in your case you must an old fuck to remember 95/98 that well. Go back to your cp.

As for dx12, its alresdy being used in games and the new GTX1000 series is already utilizing it, yielding anywhere from 3 to 15 fps higher. Stay up to date before you provide your opinion.

>a decently competent power user
>control panel is now encapsulated in categories
The old style control panel is still there you fuckin' retard.

I think you'll find most people buy prebuilt shit in the real world these days (I've never done that, aside from the odd laptop obviously, which immediately gets formatted).

There are ALWAYS things to shave down. Just look at the services it runs which you aren't ever going to use as one tiny example. All those little bits of processing time add up to a machine which feels less snappy than one running only precisely what you need.

I've been building machines since the 90's...

No you dont, you can get win10 on a fucking usb stick in 30 minutes.

It's all yours, my friend. :√)

Vulkan supports "older" Windows versions as well as Linux and is being pushed into the mainstream by Valve because they want games to run on their Steambox. Literally no need to install Win 10 for DX12 because there will be very few DX12 titles and even those also support DX11.

windows 7 > win 10

But if you're running a R9 390, GTX 780ti a 970 or higher card, get win 10 because you'll want to use DX12

Yes it's being used, but it isn't going to be used efficiently or cost effectively for a long time yet. If you'd lived through any of the history behind computers, you'd know that. Learn about the past before you try to see the future.

It's never been worth buying absolute top end vid cards, always stick to the mid range & run on slightly lower settings, unless you like flushing money down the toilet every year. DX12 won't be effectively utilised on midrange stuff for a fair while yet.

Yeah, but not free free, friend :-)

Wrong, wrong, and more wrong.

Its being utilized, right now. Dont need to see the past. I'm not some poor fsggot basement dweller. I'll be buying a GTX 1080, and I'll be using for rendering, which it will fucking destroy. It will also be getting far more fps in games.

Again, read some news, get up to date before spewing your bullshit. Technology is accelerating, this isnt some philosophical crap about "learn the past or we are doomed to repeat it," the past is irrelevant. Do some research for God's sake. We arent all poor fucks living with our mothers. Normal gamers want the best. They dont want "mid range" and "lower settings". Thats fucking stupid

If you have a legit copy of win7 and up, yes, for free.

Mid range? Go back to console you poor nigger.