Ok Sup Forums lets be real for a minute

ok Sup Forums lets be real for a minute

space is not real

let me give you an extremely obvious example of why such a thing does not exist

people say "if the sun were to dissapear or die, we would all freeze to death instantly"

so explain to me, why is it that if I am floating in space, exposed to the suns rays; scientists claim i would freeze to death from being in space.

how does the sun warm the earth, yet not warm the space inbetween?

Other urls found in this thread:

slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2013/03/04/vortex_motion_viral_video_showing_sun_s_motion_through_galaxy_is_wrong.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You would not freeze, you would boil due to near to zeru pressure. You can not freeze in space since there are no particles to transfer heat.

ok, if there are no particles to transfer heat, than how does the sun warm the earth?

You wouldn't freeze instantly. In fact if the sun were to suddenly blink out of existence, we would still see it in the sky and feel it's warmth for another ~8 minutes because that's how long it takes for the sun's energy waves to reach earth. You do know the light and warmth from the sun is literally radiation right user?

idk user how does a campfire warm a person?

Transfer of energy.

atmosphere

with particles

Are you literally retarded?

The sun doesn't warm the earth. The radiation it puts off warms us by colliding with our atmosphere and crust. Not exactly friction but similar. Rub your hand on your jeans. Your hand is radiation, your jeans the earth.

LOL at all the NORMANS In this thread

the earth is not a BALL and we are NOT in "SPACE"

God's love keeps you warm.

NIGGA, there are no particles in 'SPACE'

I'm gonna give you a very generic explanation but seriously user take a physics or astronomy course or at least fucking google it. The sun is made up of a bunch of hydrogen/helium. The hydrogen undergoes nuclear fusion which releases radiation (i.e. Gamma rays) which are sent outwards towards the planets. This radiation is what causes the light and warmth we feel/see on earth

gtfo of here you baiting retard. go troll elsewhere. this is a thread for intellectual discussion.

earth is actually near god's nut sack. the warmth from the nutsack keeps us warm. the sun is just an illusion.

>The sun only releases gamma radiation

The earths atmosphere absorbs the radiation from the sun, that is why we are at a higher temperature than space.

This is literally elementary school stuff, I am not even trying to be a dickhead.

This, though the surface also absorbs and reflects radiation.

Checked

Lrn2science

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! first !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a generic explanation homo OP obviously isn't too bright

are you an idiot? light particles are still particles, if they weren't transferable through vacuum we wouldn't see anything beyond our atmosphere, nor would there be light on earth. The sun radiates heat which is present in vacuum, if you were close enough to the sun you'd burn or evaporate, the only way to freeze in vacuum is to be far away from any heat source. You learn all of this in high school you uneducated cunt.

The sun is a giant ball of hot plasma, So like a camp fire, the radiation is strong enough to heat objects without heat transfer. Aka space.

check 'em

>Not knowing how EMR works
Come on, it's 2016.

Might as well get it over with

The earth is flat.

> Tfw can't tell is baiting or truly autistic.

>planet absorbs heat from the sun
>atmosphere traps heat
>holy shit 3rd grade science

witnessed jesus

Heat transfer by Electromagnetic waves

Also known as radiation

ay fam, isn't this how microwaves work? xDDD

I could take a week to give all the evidence on how incorrect this "theory" is.

A HA

DIS NIGGA NEEDA TAKE A GOT DAMN PHYSICS CLASS SHEEEIT

Yes.

heat needs a medium... stuff that can be heated you mongolid piece of afterbirth.

the baiting in this thread is beyond belief

That's where photons come into play.

alpha and beta are particle radiation..so of course the only thing hiting the earth would be gamma.

>partial credit
You still lose heat due to radiation, albeit a minuscule amount

Quinta means it's the troof

Educational system in USA is real shit, you need less jesus and mpre science. I wonder how anyone can consider you as developed country.

That would be conduction, retard

Does heat travel at the same speed as light? I would assume we would feel the energy of the sun for some time after we stopped seeing its light.

Transverse EM waves can travel through a vacuum e.g space (not a perfect vacuum but still)
This means heat (infrared radiation) can travel through space.

Beware, NASA lies like crazy.

Because the Sun does, however, it emits X-rays, ultraviolet, visible light, infrared, and even radio waves not to mention neutrinos. Gamma ray photons produced by fission to make their arduous journey to the surface of the Sun and earth, they are continuously absorbed by the solar plasma and re-emitted to lower frequencies. Therefore it works the same for us here on earth, but the earth absorbs it at a less denser amount and transmits it into a lower "frequency" / less heat. Its also trapped in our ozone layer which pockets it.

Almost

Better get started then, i've got all the time in the world

OP's ignorance is out of this world.

Depends on what education system and what board you are doing for physics. He is obviously a NEET

You'd only freeze if you went there at NIGHT, idot

Water Bears (Tarigrades) fly into outer space propelled by the wind and fall back to earth 30 years later in perfect health. Who knows how much life is out there and what would happen to a human in space, if you want the worst answer to this question, ask NASA.

are you legitimately retarded, or are you just high? god, I come back to Sup Forums after like a month and I'm greeted with this bullshit. I'm gonna go fucking kill myself OP. Your post was so shitty and gay that I'm going to fucking hang myself while boiling bleach and ammonia and the rope is gonna be tied to a gun's trigger just to make sure I don't have to survive and deal with people like you for one more second. I hope someday you have a moment of clarity, of some semblance of intelligence, and realize how much of a fucking disgrace you've been your whole god forsaken life. then I hope you return to stupidity, but always remember that moment of clarity, and become depressed, because you should be depressed, you piece of autistic shit.

My fucking brain
Who made you this fucking retarded

>intellectual discussion

Nigga, I learnt this shit in 7th grade; we are teaching OP basic physics.

You don't get frozen in space, you get freeze dried, Because all the liquids boil away due to the pressure and any remaining heat will be lost to radiation, Aka infrared radiation. The same kind of light that your TV remote uses to communicate.

Radiation (aka particles)

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

The Sun warms the earth because light itself carries energy, The energy striking the atmosphere heats it up, Because earth has an atmosphere, heat can transfer around the earth, But it cannot transfer to space because space is empty. The only way heat can transfer in space is through radiation or if two objects are contacting each other.

In the highly unlikely case this isn't a bait, are you by any chance American?
Genuinely curious

conclusion, the sun is a broken microwave

>all you idiots don't even know the truth.
>Flat Earth Society ftw!

mfw the USA or NASA gifts Moon Rocks to allied countries only to find out that Canada had the audacity to have theirs tested and the results came back as petrified wood.

Either NASA is lying or there are trees on the moon, either way blame Canada.

Thusly this planet is a half frozen five course dinner pizza roll

So what is between up and the Sun OP if not space?

Reported for underage b&

I'm prety sure sun's nuclear reaction creates radiation which hits objects and makes them warm up.

As far as I know there's no clouds of gasses in our solar system which wouldn't be bound to a planet. And so the vaccuum of our solar system cannot be warm: there is nothing which could warm up. It is a vaccuum.

And lets be real about it; the tempeature differences in space vary greatly. Tempeatures like mild summer 20 Celsius isn't going to be there. Instead it's generally either almost always extreme temperatures. Boiling hot, burning hot, or freezing cold, mum-dad-im-a-icicle cold. It is a really hostile place for humans.

this

in space you could be naked and not be cold; IF the sun wasn't hitting you. if it DID hit you, you'd fry quickly.

there IS sound in space, but it's extremely quiet because there are hardly any particles. if you set off a nuclear bomb a mile from you and the only thing to reach you was the sound, it would be audible.

as far as being naked in space, since there are no particles, there is nothing to let you feel the cold. in physics you place an ice cube on two plates; one wood and one metal and they're both room temperature. the ice on the metal melts like crazy because metal has thermal conductivity. in space, there is no thermal conductivity if you're in the dark, so you wouldn't be cold if you were naked. if the sun hit you, you'd be dead in a few seconds.

Physics?

Try graduating from 4th Grade. Is this what Sup Forums's been reduced to?

*Also known as a process called ebullism.

Freezing in space should be the least of your worries, I would be more concerned with hitchhikers. From what I hear they can board your ship without your knowledge or consent and I am not saying all, but some might be serial killers.

NAH YA FILTHY FUKIN CUNT IM A GOT DAM AUSTROLIANS

>Sun expels light and radiation from reactions on surface
>Travels through space because space is a vacuum
>reaches earth
>radiation heats earth (air, ground, etc.)

If dubs OP an hero's

Which is why particles of light make it to earth.

>2016
do you even atmosphere?

You're fucking retarded, you've twisted your words to try to make sense but you ignore literal, solid evidence. Get a proper argument before dribbling shit idiot

Electromagnetic radiation.

We are not floating in space. We are being flung and rotating around the sun and the galaxy.

Love the diagram

why? is it surprising to you? its been known knowledge for decades. if OP really isnt a troll (which im sure this faggot is) than who cares? this nigger is a retard and should be castrated

its all relative. if you have just one particle in an empty space you can't describe its position. you have to have at least 1 other particle to describe its position.

we are most definitely floating in space. we have a particular velocity within our solar system, and our solar system has a particular velocity relative to our galaxy, and our galaxy has a particular velocity relative to others in our local cluster, and so on and so forth.

if you zoom out enough the net movement goes to zero. it just comes down to semantics, and you're not more right than OP is regarding 'our' position in the universe.

slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2013/03/04/vortex_motion_viral_video_showing_sun_s_motion_through_galaxy_is_wrong.html

Ill be tickled pink

If the Earth were flat, there would be no complete night cycle, nor would there be phases of the moon.

yep pretty much. everything is relative. no one seems to understand that

>zeru pressure
Is that some newly discovered thing that I'm gonna have to memorize now?

yes space is a vacuum but its not a perfect vacuum. theres still random particles floating round. theyre sparse but still there

Anybody here believe the face of the full Moon is a hologram in order to hide something?

If you haven't heard of this, there are many videos of the moon ripples that happen repeatedly at the exact same duration as the last, as if that is where they spliced the tape.

>2016
>being this retarded

Troll post. Anyone here that thinks the moon landing was faked or there is no outer space is a fucking retard or a troll. /thread

this is what happens when a nigger is given internet access

Thanks Nasa, I will be sure to believe that.

Who gave you internet access?

zeru pressure is a term coined by the jewish scientist Adolf Schwulfotzestein to describe the pressure experienced inside your mother's vagina when your father isn't home thanks to the penis of a 7 ft tall nigger called Tyrone Zeru. it is equal to 20000 kPa

#retard

>i know u are but wat am i
damn you're good

I see twitter is missing a faggot