twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Metal is basically Classical without any pretensions

>cord progression

Never.

this

Wow, really made me think

Where are jazz listeners?

post hardcore and industrial are superior

Mozart would play metal if he were alive. The only reason he played classical is because piano and shit was all the musical instruments they had back then. It was either piano if you were a solo artist or an entire orchestra if you wanted to play in a band.

Once mozart got hold of a true electric guitar he would probably compose some kick ass metal shreds and form a metal band unlike any you ever seen. I would describe his sound as somewhere as a mix between metallica, pantera, and slayer, definitely some heavy stuff but I feel like he would go a different route and as his music evolves you would hear more lead badass solos and less rhythmic heavy riffs.

His later works would probably be almost entirely shredding solos played underneath screaming vocals that would go together like bread and wine. It would be beautiful masterpieces I wouldn't even be able to describe, but imagine the most elegant and beautiful guitar tone imaginable shredding so fast he goes through every scale ever invented, and then goes beyond that into scales that haven't even been thought of yet that require a 15 string guitar to even play.

This.

>he fell for the metal is bad meme

There's no way this isn't a copypasta....

tfw i'm all of them

Though i grew into metal when i was about 13, The Red Hot Chili Peppers released Stadium Arcadium and it changed my music taste and really introduced me to rock which got me into metal from there.

>metal
>no pretensions

i bet all your favorite albums can be found on the Sup Forumscore chart you plebeian drone

>post hardcore
theree were no good albums in 10 years

>industrial
not even close

Have you ever seen Amadeus? If he was alive today he would probably House music

if metal is so good then why didn't Bowie record a metal album?

checkmate atheists

16 is when I grew out of altrock and into metal

Most of this board are still in their mediocre altrock stage, it's embarrassing

Some of them, yes.
Not all of them.

Thought it was gay as a kid, as a teen, now in my early 20s I've listened to a few Burzum songs and thought they were meh.

It's just a gay genre altogether.

EDM is such a fucking pleb normie term. Do people even call techno techno and progressive house progressive house anymore or is everyone retarded

Become 10 years old again

I grew into stoner and black meal

>implying anyone still listens to jazz lol top kek XD

in other words you dont like metal

>not listening to jazz metal

youtube.com/watch?v=eYKJtJeVYyw
Published on Oct 4, 2016

Killer fucking show. I didn't recognize Dave Witte so I tried to get him to sell me a cd of the local opening act thinking he was just the merch guy.

as an "edm" fag, its really fucking frustrating to try and explain the differences between genres when these fuckers keep making shit and labeling it wrong. For example every fucking big room track is not considered prog house. Also every fucking hardcore track is now trap. really fucking gay

right

At the same time the tendency of EDM fags to label every fucking different tempo as a different genre is really fucking annoying.

I get why tempo can cause stylistic differences (especially in DJ/club culture) but something being 10 BPM faster doesn't make it a different genre.

When I was 13 after listening to a lot of Dad rock. Thank God I don't listen to that cringy shit anymore

Yes that is annoying. I think that it's more about elements than tempo

i grow out of it when i was 14.its literally just retards screaming edgy shit.

It's not just about tempo. Many other aspects are taken into account when defining a genre.

>Metal is basically Classical without any pretensions
Given that the majority of classical music was instrumental, in what possible sense could it have been pretentious? How can notes by themselves be pretentious? I seriously hope you're baiting though.

at 0 years

grew into it at 13
grew out of it at 16

Metal is cool
I stopped going to shows at 17 though, honestly even beat down hardcore is more emotionally evoking than even the best local metal scenes have to offer these days...
Also post hardcore and alternative as a whole might not be technically superior but it's masterpieces way outshine metals greatest... sorry but not sorry

comparing itself to classical is a pretension

Also this.... just because you say something is like something doesn't make it true... technical death metal and math metal or symphonic metal might be close to classical in composition skill but it pales in comparison to emotional evocation... and that's the truth, sorry but giraffes giraffes had failed to ever make me feel the same as pathetique

>Metal
>without any pretensions

why did you guys fall for such obvious bait