Any Sup Forumsfags help me out , all i know about it it is marshall 100 Watt Lead...

Any Sup Forumsfags help me out , all i know about it it is marshall 100 Watt Lead , there is dude selling it for 200$ is it worth it ? any info about it , specs , known issues , pricing etc. will be really helpful.

Is that a pic of the actual amp?

If so, BUY THAT AMP RIGHT NOW.

Also, for that price it might be stolen.

It's quite odd. A knob on the second input on the second channel is something i've never seen before. But if it's in good working condition and has original/nice tubes, then 200 is probably a steal

its an amp from 1967 or 1968. They remade one, jtm series, they worth more than 1000€ easy.
Original one are extremely rare but people look after 5150 now.
Maybe its broken maybe the guy know nothing about it. You can make a good dal

only head

is this bait? buy that fucking amp, even if it needs work doing

seriously....wtf

no this isnt bait , i just dont want to end up with the thing that costs twice as much to fix it

I'll put it this way:

If it were me, I would buy it for that price whether it works or not. Things can be repaired if you're capable.

Those amps are usually sold for several thousand more than $200.

have him plug it in and play something if you can. If not buy it anyway and sell that shit on ebay

If it is broken, $400 is not an exaggeration to fix it, a single vintage tranny could cost that, if not more. That amps got 2.

This amp has also been modified, which could potentially bring up the repair cost

holy shit. Are you that new into music?

If you want some honest, serious, meaningful, educated information about it and/or any repairs or modifications, you can always head over to the Marshall Amp Forum.

Shut up kid. Go back to your trap thread

kek. Take your fedora off dude and learn.

New enough to know how to fix it myself which to me is why it's worth the $200, likely more.

Please, son.

I've been doing this since most folks here were still wearing diapers. (Some of these weirdos probably still are kek)

Just because you work part time at guitar center on the weekends doesnt make you an expert

Even if its broken , is it worth fixing , even if it costs up to 1000$ total ?

Probably mad cuz u got a line 6 ss and this marshall doesnt thrash hard enough for you to play your favorite tesseract song

Seriously... Its not hard to fix, every fucking engineering student can do that. The point is you required electronics component from the 60s. And they are really hard to find.
Go repair your amp from the 60s with new component, you will loose that vintage sound.

>implying engineers know how to fix things

Yeah, you roll on Dean and pray Dimebag every night. Fuck line6 and their numeric sound

By the way , would a modern cab change the sound too much ?

welding a transistor, how hard is that?

You can buy vintage tubes. Everything else is 1950s electronics soder and wires

i pray on dimebag non stop , not the fag you are replying to but , i got to hang out with him a few times , nicest dude you would ever meet . he was stupid but really pure.

Not necessarily true.

There are people who do this all the time.

Vintage sound has just as much to do with the material the cabinet was made of, speaker size/type, and about a gazillion other factors.

Sure, circuitry in a 60's amp is simplistic which is why it's not difficult to restore, but even modern amps can make that vintage sound.

Also, fuck off.

Yes the sound will change. Maybe not too much but it will

what cab would be cool with this kind of head

Marshall or fender. I have a marshall jcm 2000 50w with a fender tonemaster cab and it sounds great

Something minimally 2×12 but personally I'd get a full sized 4×12.

If you have the funds, it may be worth trying to hunt down a vintage cab as well.

Vintage tubes are made like old tubes but they are not old tubes

cool, i hate his music and metal in general

kek, numeric sound is sure great... buy a pair of ears dude.

True, but if you wanted to find them you could. All im saying is purely on a fiscal basis, this amp would be a good purchase.

Opinions discarded due to obvious lack of knowledge on subject.

Considering you don't weld transistors, you solder them, you'd be pretty fucked.

Well dude, i have listen enough metal in my life to hate the fucking cringy scene. More musicians, and not your shitty bmth or some garbage band, are raising against numeric sound and ask for an analogic sound, which is way more expensive.
I wont give you a class about the diffenrences

English is not my mother tongue, i dont know every exact term

weld=solder in my native language

i dont like anything after 70s anyway , even in metal or rock

then you are even more a faggot

try saying it after you spit this pile of cum

you are born in the wrong generation?

Those bands are using anything BUT vintage stuff lol