How do i poptimist?

how do i poptimist?

Grimes isn't even avant garde by a normie stretch of the term

why does opn have to be lumped with death grips and grimes

poptimism is strictly pop and doesnt incorporate other genres despite their popularity

I can't tell if this is ironic or not

lol

Did you even listen to her music except Art Angels and the Visions singles?

tfw you love morgan feltman and carly rae

No one with taste likes trap.

you can actually listen to music and formulate enough taste to appreciate music that exists at different levels of popularity you dummy

>poptimist
>sufjan stevens

what in the fuck
the pop in poptimist refers to charting radio pop music, which kanye would be considered, and possibly grimes if you stretched the definition a little

Neither is Swans or AnCo

AnCo have some pretty fucking weird stuff in their catalogue. Swans too, but admittedly they aren't musically strange enough to be avant-garde by the usual standards.

Poptimists on Sup Forums fall into different categories

a) trolls and b8ers
b) grills and faggots
c) newfags who get all upset because Sup Forums talks about music they've never heard of, yet

>Carly

I'm so fucking sick of that Canadian cunt. Everyone acts like fucking Emotion is the only good pop album in existence.

>c) newfags who get all upset because Sup Forums talks about music they've never heard of, yet
for example?

I agree that both of those bands are experimental in their respective genres, and I like both of those bands, but avant-garde is like complete upheaval from what's considered normal and orthadox

And, it also isn't the be all, end all of quality, like some people on this board think it is

Oh, and d) waifutards

>Mac DeMarco
>folk

Its waifutards, they should all fap before coming on Sup Forums

Oh, of course avant-garde doesnt mean quality
It's weird that someone didn't bring this up sooner

because poptimists listen to him because he created the vaporwave meme
He can be easily be replaced by Sun Araw or James Ferraro though

I think this is confusing "poptimist" with simply thinking there are still good bands/artists to enjoy.

Like Swans or Death Grips hardly makes you a Poptimist. Especially Swans since they've been around since the fucking 80s.

It was a stupid image trying to shit on popular Sup Forums bands when it could have properly attacked the waifutards / trolls / sjw retards who do spam Beyonce, Lana, Charli, Grimes, Marina, Carly etc

Just imagine yourself in current form, today, at this very moment. You fit the newfag bill perfectly.

It's post-ironic

sun araw is less praised, they are only popular because of hotline miami
and
james ferraro is way lesser know that opn as well.

ironycore