I'm enjoying it and i'm not ashamed

I'm enjoying it and i'm not ashamed

The songwriting is this formerly shitty band's jump to patrician. Only cons are:

>i can't listen to M. Shadows for almost an hour and a half. I love the guy, he has a good voice and seems like an awesome person. But i can only take him in small doses. Give us some cool instrumental breaks from him for christ's sake.

>syn and zacky suck as backing vocals. "The fire keeps us waaaaaarm" on 'god damn' is so cringey in a song that has intense bursts of black metal tremolo.

Other than that I love this album. Sadly, everyone is going to write it off because they've always been such a plebby entry level band until now.

Well this is it people, they finally grew up.

I personally loved the whole album. It was a pleasant surprise.

Part of me is surprised Sup Forums likes an Avenged Sevenfold album (this isn't the first post I've seen praising it) but the other part of me understands that this might be their best release yet. I was expecting a lot after the shitfest that was Hail to the King, and they did not disappoint. Brooks is a much more capable rhythmist; he captures that Avenged feel that made City of Evil so impressive from a drumming standpoint.,

i tried to listen to this album. the music seems decent enough, but everytime m shadows sings i am reminded that i am listening to babbys first metal band and it makes me not want to listen to it anymore

This album is not good. Their previous albums are not good. City of Evil is not good. I say this as a 19 year old who hasn't had a pleasant experience listening to this band since he was a preteen, if you are over 16 and have anything positive to say about any A7X output as a whole, you should reassess your standards for retractable quality in music.

A7X going "proggy" isn't automatically a good thing, neither is being more ambitious. You want to tell me that The Astonishing by Dream Theater wasn't ambitious as hell? We all (hopefully) know how trash that album was.

fuck off JamesCairns

Okay shill

everything this band has ever done is good and if you disagree you are posturing for approval.

>scaruffi gives the first a7x album a 7
>Sup Forums just now starts to pay attention to them

Wow it's almost like you have no idea what that word means

Brooks is better than the Rev. Not saying the Rev wasn't good, but Mike Portnoy really just recited all his pre-existing work, and it didn't sound very genuine.

As for Arin Illegal or whatever his name was, he was just a punk kid who got lucky enough to practice with them. His drumming was slow and basic. Then he stole from them. What a degenerate.

Brooks is the best thing that ever happened to A7X

I fully agree user

They peaked with Waking the Fallen. City of Evil was a big change, but it was a good hard rock album. Their S/T had a few catchy songs too. Everything after has been pretty boring and uninspired, including this one.

>the stage is the universe
damn..

Matt's vocals became too frequent and drawn out after the self titled

But who are we performing for..?

for them

it's good.
All their music is good.
They just are popular so everyone here has to be a faggot about them.

To add to this they are one of the few bands left on my bucketlist (That are still touring) I hope this album sparks them to come around here.

They seem to hit everywhere pretty frequently whenever they tour. I saw them 3 times, the first up close at an intimate indoor venue. That was fucking awesome. Outdoor music festivals are so overrated.

>They seem to hit everywhere pretty frequently whenever they tour.
I don't think they have come to vancouver? at least in the last 5 years, I'd hate to have missed it.
>Outdoor music festivals are so overrated.
Agreed, I prefer small local venues outdoor shit is too packed and hard to move through. I imagine A7X would play a fairly large venue though.

>Then he stole from them

what?

>normie rock

It took years but they finally made a good album.

this
>Tfw they haven't made a good album since 2013

It's run of the mill, as is the band itself.

This.

HAHAHA a literal teenager is trying to tell other people that X type of music is for kids/teens and he is to mature for it. AHAHAHA.

Thats because you're a fetus

Holy shit.. Neil Degrasse Tyson and A7X collaborating?!?!? That song was as much a mind fuck as the idea itself

The members of A7X are talented, but goddamn I cannot stand their vocals and lyrics. Ruins the whole band for me.

I thought a little piece of heaven was creative and funny.
Maybe you just take things to seriously?

Since they seem to get grouped together a lot, what do you all think about Volbeat? Don't care much for A7X but I think Volbeat is a great band.

city of evil> the stage > nightmare > avenged sevenfold = diamonds in the rough > waking the fallen > hail to the king > sounding of the seventh trumpet

The stage beats out all their previous work by galaxies- Tyson

The stage>CoE=wtf=s/t>sst> nightmare=king

What are your fav tracks bros?

Sunny Disposition here

creating god

Swap Nightmare and Avenged Sevenfold and i'll agree with you

i seriously did't expect nothing from them after the mediocre httk, but this album was a surprise on every song, holy shit i've listened to it like 4 times from yesterday

good choice. very good track

Angels is slowly growing on me.

that ending of the song tho

the solo on that song gives me mad feels

i usually dont like their ballad-esque stuff but angels is pretty catchy

Can someone share a download link?

I think I'm taking a bait, but anyway

I was listening to a7x when i was like 13-16, but then I went to prog and zappa and then hopped onto smth else (and so on) so I didn't listen to them since.
Last album I listened by them is their s/t, but now i looked em up and they have like 3 more. Should I even bother about those or give only this a chance and how is it comparing to CoE and s/t?

Simulation for now, awesome track.

>Oh hello there, dearie I've been expecting you

it's just pasta :^(

do you guys fuckin hear yourselves? this band sucks, they have always sucked, they are lowest common denominator hot topic core butt rock.

so they're progressive metal now? since when has progressive metal been good? yeah dude I fuckin love dip shit noodling and guitar wankery, instead of playing an interesting passage of music, I'll just gonna solo soullessly over these basic power chords. not to mention its so fuckin try hard. need I remind you that regardless of how progressive this record is, the vocals are still butt rock, the guitar riffs are still pretty butt rock.

I even tried listening to it to see if I could justify it at all and I couldn't bring myself through the first song.

pic related

just a reminder you guys are listening to this fuckin affliction t-shirt core band

>how is it comparing to CoE and s/t
stay away from hail to the king if you are looking at their recent stuff. its essentially them larping as an 80s metal band and blatantly ripping off classics from bands of that era

nightmare on the other hand is very prog, long songs and lots of ballads. it has some good tracks but in my opinion it can drag a bit and gets kind of samey after a while

the new album on the other hand is awesome. its like CoE, but more refined. the theme of the album is pretty cool as well and much more interesting

can't wait for five finger death punk to bring out a power metal record so I can watch you guys all wet yourselves

no

I pray to fuckin god this whole thread is bate, and I'm just a dumb ass falling for it

I don't care what you think, im enjoying this album, that's all.

+1

they've always been a plebby shitty band and i just listened to their new song it sounds even more plebby and shitty.

Good album

awesome groove metal album but not my cuppa

Roman Sky and Exist are the best songs. Fite me.

>the guy has a Grimes profile pic

opinion discarded

Volbeat is amazing but Seal the Deal and Let's Boogie was hot garbage

I'd just like to say the mixing on this album is SO FUCKING GOOD. I think I have literally never heard a mixing as good as this.

The album is a 7/10 for me though.

A7X POWER RANKINGS

1. Self Titled
2. Nightmare
3. Waking the Fallen
4. Sounding the Seventh Trumpet
5. City of Evil
6. Hail to the King
7. The Stage

If you disagree you're an actual retard.

I mostly like it. The last track was pretty awesome and worth the length imo.

The music industry always does this, when their basic pop artists become a little less marketable they try to sell them as going down an experimental path, when in reality it's the same shit. You listened to this album because one of the music sites they paid off told you to listen to it.

From the last few years we've also had Carly Rae Jepsen and Solange presented this way. Nothing wrong with enjoying it, just understand that it's the same shit repackaged

why people liked the self titled album so much? It's an ok album, but pretty overrated.

>A little piece of Heaven
>Lost
>Dear God
>Afterlife
>Almost Easy

It was pretty good. Critical Acclaim, Scream and Gunslinger are the only ones that let it down.

>Tfw I like their previous albums so much more than this one

Power rankings:
Nightmare > S/T > City of Evil > Hail to the King > Waking the Fallen > Sounding of the Seventh Trumpet > The Stage

Nightmare just had multiple god tier tracks
>So Far Away
>Fiction
>Save Me

Do you even know what a melodic minor scale is?

In all of the years of this band's existence, i've never been assed to listened to them and probably won't. Same goes for Linkin Park.

wth, is this an attempt at a new meme?

Trying so hard to justify your shit taste. You should probably go somewhere else.

What?!

Shit now I guess I have to listen to it.

A lot of people shit on that song but I love the Tim Burton-esque feel it's got to it thanks to Pat.

I wanna agree with you on that but I love Scream and Gunslinger.

I remember Save Me blowing my balls off when I first heard it. Felt like the ending was uneeded though, but that's just me.

Really? I thought it was pretty good. More rock-oriented than their other albums but still a great record. What didn't you like about it?

I have to assume you mean 2003 with Waking the Fallen, since Hail to the King was such utter radio rock shit.

>Pleb band releases non-shit
>Fans of pleb band try to create an elitism involving shit releases

Can't make this shit up

Exist is far better than save me.

Also, fuck all you haters, this album is good and nobody shilled it to me like say, the entirety of your itunes. I wasn't expecting to like it.

But user, that picture is 10 years old. We all wore Affliction shirts at one point.

Nah, I'm good.
That was pretty much my point. Your analyzing skills are on point.
>19
>a fetus
>projecting this hard
>That's because...
"That's because" what? What are you even referring to? You know that "NO, YOU!!1! xD" isn't an argument anymore, right?
>Volbeat
This board is dead.
Fucking this.
And this.
>LOL GUYZ I'M HOPPING ON THE A7X DICK-RIDING BANDWAGON JUST LIKE HOW I HOPPED ON THE GRIMES HATE BANDWAGON!!!1!1 AREN'T I COOL YET??? GUYZ...??
And this.
What does that have to with literally anything?
I'd agree but The Stage is shit too.

This album is growing on me after a few listens.

The stage, Sunny Disposition, Angels, Simulation and Exist are pretty good songs.

I guess Paradigm

Its ironic that the ones who call a7x fans plebs listen to hxc bands nobody cares about like 'the scrambled egg cunts'.

And it is quite garbage

i disagree and fuk u (:

I enjoyed Nightmare.

If you weren't 14 when City of Evil cam out you wouldn't understand.

Name a good song from your favorite band.

Mastodon - The Ghost of Karelia

iirc all the backup vocals on this album were done by matt

Not him, but isn't that the one Malmsteen can't stop playing in? He doesn't seem to get much appreciation here, so I'm not sure that's the best point.

Reminder that Waking The Fallen remains their best album

nah, the drums were ok, but its pretty boring, if they had continued in that style, the talent of syn would be lost.

Waking the Fallen is good but it's their most emo. The guitar work and drumming on the Stage destroys everything else in their entire discography.

The Rev's drumming- fast blast beats. Fun, but repetitive, just chugging along from one song to another.

Arin Illejay- baby's first drum lesson

Brooks Wackerman- fucking GOAT. Groovy rhythms, heavy rhythms, thrash rhythms, classic a7x rhythms, changing it up all the time without being a pretentious progfag

>i can't listen to M. Shadows for almost an hour and a half.

this so much

So I decided to give HttK a listen because I hadn't listened to it yet, and wanted to work my way up to The Stage.

There is an obvious difference in the drumming, of course. Rev's influence was missed, but everyone is saying Brooks is the bees knees in this album so here's hoping.

The only song that made me want to press repeat on Hail was Planets but then they fucked it up by adding another minute that wasn't fucking needed on the song. Holy shit that pissed me off.