What the fuck is with all the metal on the 2016 chart? Is this some phase you dolts are going through? top fucking kek

what the fuck is with all the metal on the 2016 chart? Is this some phase you dolts are going through? top fucking kek

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=2016&genre_include=0&include_child_genres=1&genres=metal&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you're a few years too late for that, bud. face it, metal's outlasted indie's popularity on RYM. a few years from now people will be questioning why there's indie in the charts

but its all shit. why can't we go back

rym always had plenty of metal on the charts

Ur shit
U cant go back

>he says "kek"
>dolts

looks like you have some self-evaluation to do op

Rym always had metal, progressive metal love.

Metal's always been highly rated on RYM.

Yeah, but its dominating the best of the year charts.

who cares why do you care stop caring

Better than memerap dominating the charts

Metal is the only decent rock genre remaining
Kys indie cuck

I listen to experimental rock, you dingus.

Metal's always been on RYM charts.

What an awful thread

Well let me see

>Vektor
Fucking amazing, probably metal album of the decade

>Dillinger Escape Plan
Final album from one of the few good metalcore bands, not as good as last one but still great

>Meshuggah
It's ok but they have better albums and it barely brings anything new

>Wormrot
Don't care for grind

>Insomnium
The best melodeath band of all time makes their best album in years

>Moonsorrow
Epic folk metal in real sense of the word

>Oranssi Pazuzu
Psychedelic Black metal, tell me that doesn't sound awesome

>Cult of Luna
Pretty good but I'm not a big fan of female vocals

>Oathbreaker and Epica
Garbage

Also expect Dark Tranquillity, Blindead, Ulcerate and Saor to get into top 20 soon

Like Swans? Lol

shit the fuck off

Go listen to Death Grips retard

>b-but memerap!

every time. it's like metalcucks are wired to bring up rap into everything

I don't know man the last In Flames album wasn't a great come back

all shit tier.

>Sup Forums is full of wiggers who think they are too mature for metal but listen to rap music
It's not illogical fucking nu-male idiot

Fuck off

You bitch about metal in charts while ignoring that first 3 highest rated albums of the 10a are rap and the first metal album is 22nd

U mad bro?

Imagine being a fan of grind.

OP is absolutely correct. There is some good metal in the world... but its always shitty Mathcore and Prog Metal. Its like metalheads who think playing fast and rhythmically complex = good music.

Technicality =/= quality. Only 13-17 year olds (and insecure adults) care about how technical the music they listen to is.

You don't know shit about metal.
Metal is about primitivity and anger.

OH. And you're welcome.

rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=2016&genre_include=0&include_child_genres=1&genres=metal&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=

Its the 2016 chart with "metal" + subgenres filtered out. If only you could also filter trap, neo soul, r&b, indie folk and art pop too...

>Vektor

This literally has the most generic thrash metal guitar tone possible. Drumming is absolutely trash run of the mill drumming. The songwriting is actually pretty good though... just wasted on terrible timbre and drumming.

>Oranssi Pazuzu

Listening to this, I'm actually digging this and giving it a download. Thanks for the interesting description... definitely worth checking out.

Besides that, I'm sorry... the rest of these are just so generic its painful.

There is some decently cool metal that has come out in the past 5 years, but the stuff on this list doesn't deserve the height on the chart they are at.

Thanks for giving us your insight!

>Metal is about primitivity and anger.

Yeah super technical compositions and technicality are so primal right?

Also if you like primal music, check out Lightning Bolt. Definition of primal.

>circular arguing

if you're not interested in learning then maybe you shouldn't whine

Fuck off, go jerk off to your Vektor or Dream Theater crap.
I'm talking about real metal; Hellhammer, Necrobutcher, Bestial War, Venom, early Sodom, Death Strike, etc.

what do you mean "if only you could"? just add those genres into the exclusion list

OK I Just realized I worded my first post wrong. I was making fun of technical metal... not supporting it.

I meant to say the RYM charts are dominated by shitty technical metal. And I am saying it sucks. Sludge/Doom/Black/Stoner are way better despite being nowhere near as technical.

We agree.

Correct me if I'm wrong... can't you only have one filter at a time?

Its something RYM users have been begging for to be expanded for a long time, and has never come.

>metal album of the decade
I can tell you only listen to big releases

>best melodeath
>insomnium
>not Amon Amarth

just add genres separated by a comma, this has been possible forever

I like this guy

good
bowie being first and amsp being that high
is a shame

>mfw i still haven't listened new bowie and radiohead albums
i don't think i've listened to any off that top 100 if not more

I like you too guy.

is this the refugee thread for late 20's hipsters who can't find a place to be on Sup Forums anymore?

Go back to your Taylor swift and asap rocky threads, your friends miss you.

Sounds like you only like hipster atmoshit

>fuck music with technical skill I want da feels
I bet you think Deafheaven is real good metal Lmao

Read my post again poser

the worst thing about this is that rym's taste in metal is, in general ofc, terrible

>only dad metal is good
You are even worse

Sounds like you only listen to obscure tech shit

Yeah especially metallica with their master of puppets album, orion is so primitive and angry kek

no i don't and i didn't want to sound like a hipster fag

maybe other people have different opinions than yours?

>only dad metal is good
>You are even worse

Holy fucking shit. We're seriously starting to classify things as "dadmetal" now?

Please fucking kill yourself kindly, label happy fuckhead.

In what universe are Necrobutcher and Bedtial War dad metal you uneducated unerage reddit tier plebeian fucktard

>Psychedelic Black metal
Okay, that does sound awesome. Gonna check their 2016 album out, thanks for bringing it up.

Psychedelic black metal isn't anything new, bands like Sigh, Hail Spirit Noir, Black Magick SS and A Forest of Stars do it too.

Holy shit you are so fucking mad lmao
This is why people think metal is for children

none of those bands are similar to each other though

Nice to see it's pissing people off. Long live rock n roll.

Who cares, they are shit and you are autistic as fuck

>it's not real metal if it's not thrash or poorly produced black and death metal
Fuck off to ANUS / DMU and don't come back