Let's play a game

Let's play a game.

YELLOW: was were colonized by Spain in the past.
RED: was colonized by england in the past.
BLUE: was colonized by france in the past.

How would be your 'new' country? do you like your new language?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/France_Antarctique
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_attempts_to_reconquer_Mexico
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

these countries* lel

Same shit, social-economically speaking. The french would have explored our rural products just like the portuguese did. It would probably produce the same oligartic/aristocratic society. I'm also quite positive they would have imported just as much blacks to work in our sugar farms.
Would have balkanised.What kept us was the PT's royal family coming here, running from napoleon
Would be speaking a more relevant language
Final score: Pic related

It would be a giant Belize.

meh, everything will be the same... the only 'pro' is that we will speak english, but, if USA is speaking spanish (and still being the super country that's now), we will have to learn spanish (that's hard af).

Now that I think about it, given that there was a really, really large population already living in Mexico, unlike pretty much every other country in the Americas except for Perú, it would be another India.

New Mexico

So which brazilian province would be Québec ?

The south, because of their pride.

Rio grande del sur

Rio grande do Sul

>colonized by france

would be like a huge version of haiti

The south brazil is anglo and nothin like the rest of those smelling frogs :^)

They would still have tried to genicide everyone. India still had more population.

Vive le Rio Grande Libre !
Real Brasil is Rio Grande

Fleuve-austral*

Seriously move your asses I want to see an independant quebec in my lifetime

Mate, IRL the diseases alone killed 95% of the entire population anyway. And with that 5%, the native population was still large enough to outnumber the colonizers. To this day, the native population almost mirrors the white population, while everyone else is mixed to some degree.
Not to mention that back in the time of the conquest, Spain had a better army than England, and the natives in mesoamerica were more orginized, powerful and numerous than the natives in the US.

So yeah, hipotetically speaking, they wouldn't be able to genocide them even if they tried. Altough there would be less mixing and way more black people.

So a mix between India and Belize it is.

Do you think Spanish would have become the lingua franca if this happened?

Actually rio grande would be "anglo" so De Gaulle in this joke makes lil sense, you could use the queen or something.
I know what you're trying to imply here but my autism is tickling
>captcha: grande real
kek

It would have been if Ferdinand VII wouldn't have fucked it up so bad.

Yes, if and only if, the USA were the same superpower they are today.

>implying we wouldn't manifest destiny them out of Commiefornia
>implying the Russians wouldn't take Alaska and Hongcouver
>implying the Spaniards could deal with the Sioux

My city was once a french colony.

Sao Luiz ?

This guy was a narrow-viewed, self-centred bastard. You lot could have been something akin to the commonwealth a century ago. Economically wise you all together could be the bomb

Rio de Janeiro.

If you didn't chimp out you would probably own all the US west coast.How does it feel?

Worst king

>implying the US wouldn't take it from you like Cuba and the Philippines

>
RJ wasn't even a city at the time. The french could even defeat the natives, they didn't deserve the guanabara bay tbf

The Frogs chimped out first in Europe, and at first, that moron Ferdinand helped them invade Portugal, until he got played by on of the most intelligent generals that have ever existed, and Napoleon also invaded Spain.

*couldn't

>1898 Spain vs 1834 Spain
Yeah dude not the same thing.They just bullied you because your army had the discipline of a nigger army

Do you really want me to teach you Brazilian history here? Don't embarass yourself lad. Rio was a french colony, this is not debatable.

And even if we didn't rebel, all of South America rebelled, and then we would have rebelled because they would have come and helped out.
You guys were doomed when that idiot took the crown, face it.

Btw, I happen to have studied in an old French fort in Rio. So don't start with "let me tell about your city"

San Martin love you.

>and then we would have rebelled
But the revolutionaries lost the war in Mexico which is the funny thing.The conservatives won and they chose independence

Finally, I am a Spainard. Now my lazy neet lifestyle is an important part of my culture.

This summer I will go running with the moose

That means then that even if there was no war of Independence then th conservatives would have declared it eventually.

RJ was a 'colony' because portugal couldn't care less about Brazil at the time, when the portuguese started to intervene they were rapidly disposed of
whatver you say champ

OI M8 I'M TE FUCKIN MALANDER HERE AIGH?

>then th conservatives would have declared it eventually
Nope.They declared independence because Riego told them to do so.Pretty fucked up story

ugh shut up.

MADURO, LIBERATE YOUR POPULATION YOU FUCKING SCUMBAG

The people in New Spain declared independence from the frogs, they even wanted Ferdinand to rule New Spain and become emperor. The people who declared independence were the Royalists. And it was all the fault of that nigger king you had

>help napoleon invade portugal
>napoleon betrays him and also invades spain
>Joseph Bonaparte becomes the new king of spain
>Royalists in the colonies see the frogs as an enemy and turn in favor of the independece
>invite Ferdinand to become emperor of new spain
>he refuses
>invite Ferdinad to form a commonwealth
>he refuses
>he rekts all the liberals in Spain and becomes king again
>refuses to recognize the independece for decades
>he tries to invade Mexico once more
>gets rekted

Brazil doesn't have a Québec, at least not in a linguistic sense. Rio Grande do Sul was neither colonized by the Portuguese nor the Spaniards, as most of the region was first occupied by Gaúchos from Banda Oriental (now República Oriental del Uruguay) and today remains entirely Gaúcho by culture, therefore the countless wars and revolts paired with modern separatism.

And language aside, Rio Grande do Sul is also more culturally Castellano/Llionés than Lusitanian.

>he tries to invade Mexico once more
He didn't I think

maduro won the elections in 2013, they deserve it.

For those anons interested in the history behind the French settlement in Rio, there is a wikipedia article on it. It's superficial, but it will give you an idea.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/France_Antarctique
What you say have no logic. The fact that the portuguese eventually defeated the French (and mind you, I live next to the church that holds the remains of the founder of Rio, who defeated the French) doesn't erase the fact that Rio was a French colony inhabited by French colonists for a time. You are making no sense lad.
> because portugal couldn't care less about Brazil at the time, when the portuguese started to intervene they were rapidly disposed of
It wasn't so simple. Thre true reason why Rio wasn't settled by the French is that there wasn't French support from the metropolis and unlike what you think they did have treaties with some amerindian tribes.
>whatver you say champ
Yeah, whatever I say, specially because I know more about my own city than you, who knows fuck all.

I'm not liberating bollocks ye wankas

Fucking non-carioca Brazilians really get on my nerves

He did. And only after he lost once and for all he recognized our independence.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_attempts_to_reconquer_Mexico

He planned to reconquer everything, but he was going to start with us.

The conservatives started getting butt hurt at the new laws and stuff, and American freemasonry was starting to take hold.
Your Cadiz guys sent a viceroy specifically to give us independence, we offered him a crown, but he died.