Does Sup Forums know good culture? Whats your opinion on this movie?

Does Sup Forums know good culture? Whats your opinion on this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HPKxVcm3Eus
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's slightly overrated but overall Kubrick is a skilful director and it accurately portrays the brutalisation that occures in the army.

Fkn tits

I'm not sure how this can be a test of culture. It's more a test of opinion.

tru

not bad for a Vietnam War film produced in a gas works just outside London.

It's pretty shitty like all Kubrick movies. Unique dialogue no doubt but shitty

Gtfo

you could do better, I'm sure.

it could have been more authentic with the sargent, rest is just awesome, >Animal Mothers first dialogue with Joker is legendary

>It's pretty shitty like all Kubrick movies. Unique dialogue no doubt but shitty
"Now the upcoming Warcraft movie, on the other hand..."

It's about a bunch of Marines, cock goblin

I love the fuck out of this movie. Probably my favorite movie.

>good culture
Nigga wtf are you even talking about?

>Let's just throw every cliche about the Vietnam war in one movie and oh yeah let's kill off the two most interesting characters before we even get to Vietnam.

/thread

The first half is great, the second one is trash

It actually couldn't have been more authentic with the drill sgt. In real life R. Lee Ermy was a retired Marine Corps staff sgt who was only hired to be a technical advisor in Full Metal Jacket but amazed Kubrick so much that he was given the role.

i think it ends too quickly, would like it to be longer and showcase the ptsd after the war

highly disagree

Second half isn't trash, but it has been described as two different movies. The first half is as good as Kubrick's other best, the second so-so...for Kubrick.

8.5/10

youtube.com/watch?v=HPKxVcm3Eus

I'm of a similar mind. First half is awesome, second half is good (but seems worse in light of how great the first half is).

>Kubrick's other best

>2001

>Apocalypse Now

>A Clockwork Orange

Boring shit

Horrible retarded, lethargic ending

Mega boring shit

It takes a SERIOUSLY shitty director to make a movie filled with violence and rape fucking boring as shit.

SEVEN
SIX
TWO
MILLIMETER

>Apocalypse Now
>Clockwork Orange
>boring
Be honest, do you even like movies?
I'll grant you though that 2001 drags a bit.

It does make me wonder why the US military moved away from the .308

The difference in ammo carried doesn't make up for the difference in stopping power. Especially since standard infantry carries no more than 2-4 magazines anyway.

Maybe it is because I didn't saw it at the time of its release. Thing is the action scenes in second half looked cheap and a bit dumb, at least compared to other war movies.

which are you more looking forward to, Independence Day 2 or Warcraft?

>apocalypse now
>Kubrick

HW-HAT IS THAT. WH-AT IN THE FUCK IS THAT

Of course the second half isn't as good, kubrik killed off the best 2 characters for his style at the end of the first.
Best dialogue is from the second half though:
> how can you shoot women and children?
> easy, you just don't lead em so much

I like great movies

Apocalypse Now was solid until they got to the temple and Dennis Hopper started retarding on before, during and after (still fat despite having been in the jungle a year) Marlon Brando started retarding on.

Eyes Wide Shut is great

Seriously, same people that call BvS capekino (rather than the mediocre comicbook movie that it is).

WHY AREN'T YOU STOMPING PRIVATE PYLE'S GUTS OUT?!

>Dennis Hopper started retarding on before, during and after (still fat despite having been in the jungle a year) Marlon Brando started retarding on.
confirmed for at most 17 years of age. If you don't understand the moral dilemma that is the whole point of these scenes, you're either a teenager or mentally retarded

>army

The film was about the Marine Corps. It was also the most prominent depiction of Kubrick's love of word play and general misanthropy of language (a subtle, yet profound theme in his films). This is one of his better cracks at depicting the horrors of the grandiose nature of warfare, which is good but pales in comparison to his film "paths of glory", in which the sense of individualism is lost in the scope of the conflict, which confuses emotions.

7/10 film. One of my favorites. Best line (from none other than the lone Baldwin):
>thank god for the sickle cell

Boot camp is amazing, in country is just memes done a thousand times.

I always switch it off at that point, but always watch the beginning.

5.56 has a flatter trajectory and higher velocity, so more accuracy and longer effective range.

>The moral dilemma

He was babbling the entire time.

>55 grain bullet

>longer effect range

Learn2ballistics

Smaller bullets expend their energy going really fast over a short distance. It's why you can make a 1 mile shot with a .300 win mag at 180 grains.

>which are you more looking forward to, Independence Day 2 or Warcraft?
I apologize for this rude question. Warcraft movie, by the way, is based an online video game your parents used to play on these things called desktop computers.

Momentum doesn't help you when your grouping is shite

And spraying and praying doesn't help when you're basically shooting a .22 mag

Oh shit, I forgot the sandniggers are on speed and anything without an assload of stopping power won't drop them. Disregard, I suck cocks

He was actually told not to audition for the role, then Kubrick and the producers egged him on to try out for it. He insisted that they give him hell while auditioning and from what I understand, Kubrick and others were hurling bananas and apples at him while he was reading his lines during the audition. What I wouldn't do to see that reel.

>PRIVATE PYLE
*gets hit with pear*
>WHAT IS YOUR
*nailed in the neck by a banana*
>MAJOR
*catches a grapefruit to the left eye*
>MALFUNCTION?
*hit in the nuts by a bunch of grapes*

It makes no sense to NOT go for a bigger round.

There's a reason the AK74 didn't take off like the 47 did.

First half is kind of funny but the rest of the movie, I felt dragged on for a little too long.

Reddit is thataway faggot.

big theatre DT vancouver had a poll asking viewers which movie they wanted to see most on the big screen and this was voted for overwhelmingly, I went and saw it and that was prolly the greatest day of my life.

>overrated

this

That Disney march shit at the end was the dumbest idea that Kubrick ever filmed. Hearing it explained only makes it dumber.

Should've made the first half longer and ended it when Sgt. Hartman got shot.

Kek!

Why yes, Kubrick did so well with Apocalypse Now. Almost seemed like somebody else.

Only boring to those who don't understand.........sorry retard

I bought Paths of Glory for $2 at a thrift store, great fucking movie.

>It's 2deep4u

It's a bit over rated, but it isn't bad. I feel like, while it does dig into the way war changes people and the emotions behind it, it doesn't conjure these themes as well as other Kubrick films conjure the emotions behind their relative themes. It also doesn't do it any differently than any other war movie. Maybe it was more provocative at the time of its release, like a lot of his movies, though. Still, not a bad war film.

Gotta agree with this. Pvt. Pile was turning out to be a character with some good depth. Would've been nice to see him go from worthless to an uncontrollable killer. But then he just fucking dies.