What do you honestly think of him?

What do you honestly think of him?

old meme, dont care about him anymore

Cant flow or ride a beat or rhythm awful production without dre. Rehashed ideas album after album soons quickly lose replay value. Old af now and out of touch. Angry white trash fanbase.

That said nobody will top this guy's sucess in Hip Hop. Kendrick's Run is close. And in technical ability overall in rhyming he is probably GOAT

Good but I honestly don't enjoy his music at all

Talented lyricist. He will never be as good as he was during the period of Infinite to 8 Mile.

WHITE
H
I
T
E

I like his old old stuff. Other than that and 2pac I've never found rap particularly appealing so I guess that means something.

it means you've only scratched the surface of rap and havent listened to anything good

Who

I think he's a giant waste of technical skill. Endless proficiency but the emotional intelligence of an eight year old. As far as meter, flow, rhyme choices, lyricism, etc. go he's amazing but he consistently uses these skills to make verses that are different combinations of sophomoric, whiny, and despicable.So yeah I don't listen to him

get back to work on your spreadsheets dad

I am pretty undecided on him. On one hand a lot of his celebrity-hate mongering is bullshit but on the other hand his technical skill is very impressive

I'm aware. I'm not interested in rap right now but I'm sure at some point I will be and will find better stuff. It's just interesting to come across things out of one's own taste you can still appreciate.

ITT

he was better when he had a sense of humor

in his serious songs you realize how grating his voice is

rappers aren't gonna come out and say his lyrics are redundant and childish they're all praising his technical skill, and I guarantee none of them listen to anything by him after encore regularly because they have taste senpai

I think he is aging horribly.

i have never really thought of him or listen to his music at all
my dad really likes him though, which is still surprising to me

>without Dre

This desu. Slim Shady and MM LP are some top tier shit but Eminem Show and all thereafter just make me nauseous

The Eminem Show is his best album though

TES > MMLP > SSLP > Infinite >> MMLP2 > Encore > Relapse >> Recovery

The sad part is Encore could've been good if half the album wasn't leaked and he recorded a bunch of filler tracks while he was addicted to drugs.

Old stuff was kinda cool, new stuff is pretty gay

Slim Shady and Marshall Matthers LPs are above average, everything else is average or below average.

This though I thought Encore was OK at points.

Good rapper, but painfully overrated.

Well he did make the best rap song of all time

internalizedracism.png

00s relic. that was a far more innocent time

Album wise, only Infinite avoids the edginess that defined most of his career. IMO it's all the better for it, just a chill classic rap album with some neat simple production and lyrical themes. Otherwise, singles such as Stan and Lose Yourself still hold up as masterpieces of rap and show what Em truly was capable of alongside great production and themes that were dark, but not adressed via the edgy slim shady persona that albeit made him huge among angry white teens.

which is?

I loved the shit out of him in my teens. I still think his old stuff is great. Especially MMLP. His post-Eminem Show output is not so good but there's a few songs here and there that are okay.

Extremely talented but I hate most of his music

His edgy 90's-early 2000's shit was great, but anything serious he ever did was fucking awful.

kek

3 good albums then 3 terrible albums then another good album.

myf

At the art of technically rapping he is probably close to the best.
He's got some great songs, but some awful, awful ones as well.
Mostly irrelevant now.

This. His edgy material is still my go to guilty pleasure to this day.

Youre fooling yourself if you dont think hes overrated. Artists will praise others that came before them out of respect. Starting beef even if you had every secret about the guy wouldnt work, youd just fade into obscurity and surround yourself with enemies. Just look at Canibus vs LLCoolJ

I love his music because I can relate and like his wordplay and what he raps about :)