Ask a bee keeper anything

Ask a bee keeper anything

Other urls found in this thread:

honeyflow.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How do you came to bee?

What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

what is bee

2bee or not 2bee

can i have a job please

African or New Syrian

Maybe

did you let bees land on your cock?

Fucking kek

Do you believe the bees are dying for the nicotine based pesticides?

I have gotten stung in the dick while lawn mowing in front of the hive

Did it make it bigger?

Yes, that and a large rise in parasites

Which bee is your favorite?

not really just hurt a shit ton

The honey bee nigga

Why did you choose bee keeping?

I bet your cock was never that big before

where do you live op

I mean which one in your hive?

Do you buy or breed your queens?

How do i kill digger wasps when i have pets and shit. The fuckers took ground where they go out

Well not really a profession so much as a hobby

Central Mass

Bought

Is it hip to fuck bees?

im in nj
what do i do to get in
i get my associates in bio soon

not exactly sure but do it at night, if you go to the hive at night all the bees will be inside to rest so you can kill them all at once instead of only killing the few that are in the hive during the day

It's the bee's knees

do you're research and try to take some classes, a lot of bee keeping is just knowing the small details and stuff

Do the bees ever misbeehave?

How's bees-iness going?

Are the bees smokin?

a little, quality himouto meme

How often do you kill the opposition to the queen?

Why didn't you choose to be a waspkeeper instead?

pretty good, more of a hobby but I do sell to 1 restaurant

only when they make one, it depends

Have you ever fucked honeycomb with your dick?

What's the best way to prepare a bee for dinner? How do you slaughter them?

good point good point, I could try, I have punched a wasp nest while in my bee suit tho

How many can you fit in your mouth?

Ayyy lmao!

What up fellow beekeeper! My nigga!

Hey, how is your swarm doing? I'm in Atlanta, have a golden ratio top bar hive, and mine is doing very well. The hive is completely full with comb.

I was thinking about taking out some older brood comb so I can get some fresh honey comb later this year. Thoughts?

If a honey bee stings you it dies so you could try that

I think my bees are gay. How do I know for sure?

mmkay

shiet nigger, I just select the second biggest in the hive every week and kill it, afterwards leave it at the entrance. Make sure they know who is boss.
You managed to get them to do tricks yet?

depends what you plan to do with the old comb, and how you plan to take it out, but if you do take it out I would recommend leaving it above the separator for about 2.5 weeks so that any remaining brood hatches before you remove it

Have you ever seen Pulp Fiction?

Your ama sucks. Next time reply to 5 questions or so in one comment so we can skim the thread and only read the answers.

If you take a bee and put it in a glass gar and then into the freezer for a min or so it will go to sleep and you can tie a string or peice of floss to it and have a pet bee

gtfo you lazy queer

I'll give you an example.

I don't know I'm not the bee guy.

fuck off

yes

ok this format now

I am the bee guy

I have lots of pet bees you retard. I keep them in small white barns.

I mean like hoops dipped in syrup, I can get mine to do courses. Thinking of starting up a "show bee" industry tbh, thoughts? Like you take them round a course, make them go through certain obstacles, see how well they follow commands etc.

See how much easier that is. You can hover over the numbers to see the question!!!

If trips you must stick your dick in a hive

How many bees does a beekeeper keep when a beekeeper can keep bees?

What does Marsellus Wallace look like?

that would be dope af

good point haven't really done a good AMA before

ROLL

idk my hive has like 100k bees or so

WHAT

honestly if I stick my dick in there now I would be fucked beyond belief, its like 1AM here so they will all be in there

I mowed in front of the hive after dark once and hundreds poured out

Thanks for the new format if you are in fact the bee guy.

My question for you. I just started gardening, how can I attract bees to my garden?

Answer bee guy! I wanna know.

What does Marsellus Wallace look like?

No exactly sure, but I would recommend bright colors, or possibly leaving out a little honey if you have seen bees.

Once one bee gets pollen or honey/sugar from a certain location it will tell the hive how to get to the same spot, and thus attract more bees.

Bees also have a range of something like 3 miles so if there is a hive nearby they will come

WAT

How much does it cost vs how much you make.

WHAT COUNTRY YOU FROM

do you get your honey/wax/corbicular pollen tested at all for biocides?
also, do you use them to pollinate crops or just as a hobby?

The boxes and stuff arent too bad and I know you can get a decent hive house for around $200, and one starter kit of bees is around $100 depending on where you live, and provided they don't die and your hive box stays ok after it isnt a huge cost problem. I use an old mechanic suit as a bee suit so I skimped out there

In terms of reward you can usually harvest honey twice a year and get around 60-100lbs of honey per harvest, I usually sell one quart mason car for $20 but thats damn cheap in terms of honey

again its more of a hobby for me than a carrier

US
ALSO I MADE ALCOHOL OUT OF MY HONEY

Does he look like a bitch?

Just a hobby and no

No sir
If you guys give me a min I can snap a pic of the honey wine I made

Why is the Greek word "hymen" associated with bees?

You made mead? How was it? Been wanting to start making it myself.

are you allergic to bees?

Hey what do you think of this new hive which you don't have to open in order to gather the honey? honeyflow.com/

Also, what's the minimal distance from your house that you can put a beehive? Can I for example put a hive behind the house? (I live in the high alps - my grandpa used to have bees around here so I know they can survive the climate)

Cheers.

no clue dude

It was decent, really strong and sweet, planning on making more and adding lemons

Damn cool looking hive also I would put it like maybe 50ft minimum but it depends who will be around the hive, if no kids then I know people who cover their lawns in bee hives
HERE IS THE WINE BTW

Is thread kill? :(

Meade?

I have no idea about beekeeping but someday whenever I own land I'd like to do it as a hobby. What makes the honey taste different, is it different types of bees or flowers?

yessir Honey wine

Pollen changes the flavor, Spring honey is usually lighter and sweeter, where as fall honey is darker with a stronger flavor, Also when the rag weed comes out the honey can start to get bitter

How many times a month/year do have to go to the hives and harvest the honey?

What percentage of your hives die before the first year? Is it true that honeybees are dying out?

Thanks for the info, one more question, have you seen that new hive system where you twist the metal rod and it shifts the honey combs open and honey flows out of a nozzle. Does something like that really work as equally as the old fashioned way?

how did you become a beekeeper? how does one become a beekeeper?

there isn't a ton of info available online, i mean there is, but it seems like the type of thing where you'd need to be taught.

i'm actually pretty intensely interested in work that can't be replaced by robots, doesn't involve many people, and can be spun into commerce with good websites etc

The best bees are usually swarms caught from local areas. They've adapted to the climate and will fare very well

I check on it every 2 weeks or so to make sure the bees are ok and to treat for mites

and you can harvest about twice per year depending on how well they are doing

last hive I had died over the winter due to mites and yes it is very true that honey bees are decreasing rapidly.

I have seen it and it looks damn cool, It defiantly looks like something great for armatures however it is plastic and I would be interested to see if it effects the flavor quality at all

I was taught mostly by my father who was taught by a man who lived next to him who probably learned from his father. To become a new bee keeper with out much knowledge of the subject I would advise looking for classes to learn or getting in touch with someone who knows, its a dying art in my opinion

I prefer Italian queens as they are more docile than most bees down south who commonly mix with African bees that tend to be aggressive

>its a dying art in my opinion

i dont think it will be much longer. the newer high tech hives and shit will make it easier for there to be a million tiny apiaries everywhere, and the government will start pushing/subsidizing it because so many bee dieoffs.

i'm actually extremely interested in doing it as i have always been nice to insects and stuff. insects are bros.

it seems like i could learn 100% of beekeeping (it would appear) from the internet, but then i'd do something and kill the whole colony and some old timer would be like "well yeah you didnt so and so, dumbass"

I've only ever had a couple of hives that were too aggressive out of my 50 or so hives. Most of the wild bees around here a relatively calm considering I'm in southern LA

Yeah I feel, a lot of small details are important in beekeeping, I'm no god at it myself. It would be also hella cool to get a tax break for raising bees

How many hives do you have?

Had around 50 hives before a big flood hit a couple months ago. Lost around half of them. Building their numbers back up with splits though

Nice dude that's a fuck ton of work

bump

thanks dood

Not as much as you'd think. It's only a couple days a year where I devote the whole day to bee stuff. They've been on this planet for a long time, so they know how to handle themselves

If I put bees in my back yard, but I want to have little eat-outs/picnics on the porch, how far do the bees have to be to not be a problem? If I went outside with tea with sugar or sugary food, how fast would they find out and start bothering me?

How long would it take for someone who knows nothing about beekeeping to get started?

I would say stay at least 50ft away from the hive, and honey bees arent as bad as wasps when it comes to eating ur shit

It might take you a while just getting the stuff and all but its not impossible and dont let it discourage you