Post your 10/10 song. But, write 3 sentences of why you like it. Don't just post a youtube link...

Post your 10/10 song. But, write 3 sentences of why you like it. Don't just post a youtube link. It doesn't encourage discussion. What else are you going to do on a Saturday night Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QOngRDVtEQI
youtube.com/watch?v=3Z4PX0v7Khs
youtube.com/watch?v=LdEK8ghRBIo
youtube.com/watch?v=yh46gH0S9Mc
youtube.com/watch?v=o8Tash9Gmug
youtube.com/watch?v=mXPp_5Q5CHk
youtube.com/watch?v=d1bQ4Xh1er4
youtube.com/watch?v=CdBt3n1MtFM
youtube.com/watch?v=E5zTuVhNs5c
youtube.com/watch?v=5s7_WbiR79E
youtube.com/watch?v=hJYsScCZwWc
youtube.com/watch?v=Gcxxh1yewhM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Nas- The World is Yours
A large part of why I love this song is nostalgia from playing tony hawk's underground a lot growing up, but it's still an amazing rap song. His flow is so perfect and the beat is the best on the album in my opinion. It's such a good song to just vibe out to.

>Minutemen- Viet Nam
It's such a funky song while still being kinda heavy. It's the quintessential Minutemen song to me. It's short but hits hard in that amount of time. Plus the lyrics are super great in this song
>Sturgill Simpson- In Bloom
Best cover I've ever heard. He's got an amazing voice and the way this song progresses is literally perfection.

fuck off frogposting faggot.

great idea for a thread, nice to see some actual music discussion.

>David Bowie - Teenage Wildlife
I love '70s Bowie, and this whole album is basically his loveletter/goodbye to that era. The song talks about how he's afraid of becoming irrelevant in the future, and how he's worried that people will just remember his past stuff, overall it's much more soul-bearing and touching than most of Bowie's other stuff(which is still great, obviously). The music is also basically just Heroes, but better, so that makes it good as well.

Ween - Touch My Tooter
Best example I can think of where a voice is used as an instrument. The lyrics are goofy, but the song is seriously rockin. Not much else to say, a seriously great song.

Don't worry friendo, she might still win. ;^)

>actual music discussion on Sup Forums
>nobody joins in

go figure

>Modest Mouse-Teeth Like God's Shoeshine
I like the quiet slow parts
I like the loud fast parts
I never get tired of it.

>Devin Townsend - Deadhead
It's not a song, it's a beast.

>Ride - Vapour Trail

It is the best album outro of all time, and it really brought the album from an 8/10 to a 10/10. It's the only song that really draws me in within literally the first few chords, and ended perfectly with the strings. It is absolutely beautiful.

Prince - Erotic City
It is groovy and sexy.
I like the bass and the guitar solo is great.
The chorus is simple and very easy to get stuck in your head. Great melody overall.

Daft Punk - Digital Love

We all have that dream user. I can feel his arms around my shoulders and his breath on my cheek while we dance.

>Ooh, I don't know what to do
>About this dream and you
>I wish this dream comes true
;_;

youtube.com/watch?v=QOngRDVtEQI

I guess it's my favourite song because it never bores me even if it's a lot of years that I listen to it. It has that feeling of sincere pain, like when you are a fuckup and you are thinking about the past, only to find bad memories in it. It has a great groove and all the instrument fit together in such a beautiful way. And the solo is just so beautiful.

>Jason Becker - End of the Beginning

Beautifully composed mini-symphony with perfect guitar playing done by Michael Lee Firkins. Only downside to it is the audio quality because most of the orchestrated instruments are midi shit. But from a compositional point of view definitely 10/10.

Devin Townsend is actually god.

bump

Currently?
>Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
It's literally edgy Twitch-core and I hate dubstep but it's fucking catchy

>Red House Painters - Medicine Bottle
This song is essentially perfect in every sense of the word, as is the album that it is on. Every note played is so fragile, so glasslike that you just feel it's going to shatter and break at any point, and every word out of Mark's mouth is just so pained and hard to get out, you can hear the pain in his voice with every word. Also, I think this might be the best use of "narrative" lyrics I've ever seen; I want a book out of these lyrics to be written in prose it's so good. I enjoy the fact that narratively you have the guy who obviously loves the girl in the story and really does need her and really does want her love but he just can't smile because of what's going on in his head and what's going on inside him, and the fact that the girl loves him back and does want him to get better but is struggling to deal with it; it is just very powerful imagery and very powerful storytelling, Bravo Mark. Also I love the "quiet distortion" thing red house painters would do for their whole career but I think it's highlighted here.

>Feeling The Neverworld - Kataklysm
sylvain houde "sings", and i much prefer his shrieks and growls to the other singer
while you can't really understand most of what he is saying the music is solid, despite the lower quality compared to later kataklysm albums

>The Beatles - While my guitar gently weeps
I love the Beatles in general but this one really tops it with a great guitar part and all the orchestra that goes crescendo

>Simon and Garfunkel - Homeward Bound
I had to chose one from Paul Simon and this one is really beautiful. The lyrics are really good, Paul wrote it while he was on tour and felt homesick
>Bob Dylan - Don't think twice it's allright
One of the few early Dylan songs where he really shows his skills on guitar. Plus the melody is really good.

>Kevin Ayers - Lady Rachel
youtube.com/watch?v=3Z4PX0v7Khs
This song just appeals to me as a fan of psychedelic rock in every way possible. I love Kevin's voice, the accordion, the guitar, all of it. But overall, the melody and lyrics are just so ominous and spooky and it gets me every time

Joanna Newsom - Emily
It's long, complex, and emotional, all of which I love, but the lyrics really seal the deal for me. I'm not going to pretend to know what all of it represents, as it's obviously mostly personal, the imagery and theme's really speak to me in a way no other song has. Also, the ending is perfect in every way.

>Daft Punk - Nightvision
It's soothing and calms me down.

>Al Stewart - Year Of The Cat
Reminds me of a girl I liked.

>Mark Knopfler - Redbud Tree
Comfy as fuck

boomp

>George Harrison - I'd Have You Anytime
I really don't know. It's like a really good vaporwave song without the vaporwave.

>Radiohead - Tinker Tailor Soldier Sailor Rich Man Poor Man Beggar Man Thief
It sounds like BOC or Odd Nosdam collabed with them. The orchestrals at 3:07. Also the the guitar that comes in at 1:39.

>Boards of Canada - An Eagle In Your Mind
The opposite of the Pen Expers formula. The beat is fighting to gain control while the ambience overpowers it. Drums will flip, reverse and reform, and during this the melody grows louder.

Emily is the only song on Ys that I consistently listen to. God damn it's emotional and takes you on a journey, it feels like she's reading a story to me.

>Guided by Voices - Echos Myron
Fun to sing along with, when the backing guitars come in on the final verse i jam evertiem

>The Replacements - Shiftless When Idle
Garage-y just got off work type song. I like driving around to this one.

>Mekons- Insignificance
A punk song but it's lowkey in a way. Still energetic but not as energetic as a lot of other punk. The whole thing just feels powerful and defiant to me. I don't really even like a lot of their other songs that much but that one just seems like a perfect song to me. Very simple but it effectively conveys emotion without being too blunt about it

Alt J - Every other freckle
It's a 10/10 for me even though I don't listen to it too much, it just represents a time in my life even though my family life was complete shit, I still had my plants, friends, and music to look forward to daily. I was really depressed during that time and hearing this song made me remember how beautiful gardening is to me

>Robert Wyatt - Sea Song
On a jazzy, technical album like Rock Bottom the somber, simple and powerful opening song is my favorite. The bittersweet, tragic lyrics of an immature lover thrown into circumstances he's not quite ready for create a vivid, cold picture of his personal life. While this song is an effective allegory for learning how to love from his younger years, nothing has been lost in translation. He leaves us a beautiful, accessible lullaby.

I listened to "The World is Yours" while writing and I think it's a touching empowerment anthem from a world weary mind. Nas has been around the block enough to call the cars on the road, and he says you can do it too. Don't let anyone get you down kid.

Great description, I couldn't even say it better myself

>Sigur Ros - Untitled 1 (Vaka)
The music feels so warm but also melancholic. He isn't even singing any real lyrics but it still sounds like every syllable has meaning behind it. The climax of the song is my favourite moment in any song I've heard

>Failure - Another Space Song
The instrumentation and lyrics do a great job of painting an image of being alone in space. The first time I listening to it I was lying in bed, extremely tired and depressed. The song blew me away and I've had a sentimental attachment to it ever since.

>Henry Cow - War

While the rest of the album is hit or miss with most people, most will concede this track is fantastic. Despite being just over two minutes, it manages to show Henry Cow's talent. Dagmar's off the walls vocals, the two ridiculous sax solos, the drums reversing, and many other little things make it a really fantastic track - the first time I heard it, I thought it was pure madness but the more I listened to it the more I saw how thought it out it was, making it one of the highlights of avant-prog by far.

>Death Grips - Black Quarterback
youtube.com/watch?v=LdEK8ghRBIo

Hits you like the title would. An amazingly bombastic industrial rap track that cemented Niggas on the Moon as one of the most forward thinking hip hop albums of the last decade.

>Poetic Justice by Kendrick Lamar ft. Drake
youtube.com/watch?v=yh46gH0S9Mc

Beautiful beat, it's hard to even call it a beat, the beat is made partially made up of these beautiful vocals. It's like too great songs in one, I don't even really like Drake but he is 100% perfect on this.

>Kamasi Washington - Leroy and Lanisha
I am a sucker for a song (Especially within the Jazz, Pop, and Psychedelic Genres) that represents a feeling of duality between Beauty and Tragedy. Leroy and Lanisha does that. The sweet melody and the percussive themes are constantly driving the tune, but it's the ability Washington has of building his solos that keeps the track enveloping emotively. Many Times I have cried to this song tripping acid. An Ode to Love that is truly transcendent

You should consider music journalism

>Sufjan Stevens – The Predatory Wasp of the Palisades Is Out to Get Us!
I think this is probably my favourite Sufjan track of all. Before he even speaks I feel like the instruments have set the scene, the opening sounds like a cold night. The story he tells is personal and tragic yet the song is triumphant, like he is happy just to have experienced love even though it ended in heartbreak. The backing singers sing praise to nature and Illinois beneath his lyrics. There's a live recording on youtube and when he sings "Terrible sting and terrible storm" it gives me shivers. I kind of missed that intensity in Carrie and Lowell.

>Animal Collective - Golden Gal
Never before has Animal Collective written a group of songs that were as poppy as the ones written for their 2016 LP Painting With. Where as MPP balanced Anco's sound between otherworldy Neo-Psychedelia and pop oriented structure, Painting With solidified them as as a group who can write novel and substancial pop tunes. None of them are as fully realized as Golden Gal. the song comes across as magically simplistic in structure and Lyrics. It's the Explosive harmonic chorus of "Golden Gaaaaal" that reminds me of some of The Beatles or The Beach Boys greatest Pop tunes. The underline message of Divine Femininity also provide the track with a socially conscious message, which is always a plus in my book

Hey Good Lookin' - Hank Williams

There's a chick I've been pining for three fucking years now and we're having dinner next week. This is probably going to be my last chance with her and I want to sing her a few songs, this one at the top of the list, for no reason other than it gives a sense of innocent love/someone trying to turn a crush into something more.

Thinking about how I've only been working at my new job only two days and already fucked up probably literally over a hundred times, how I probably should be on anti-anxiety meds, hopefully watching a Marlon Brando documentary by the end of the night and working on my singing.

>>Sturgill Simpson- In Bloom
>Best cover I've ever heard. He's got an amazing voice and the way this song progresses is literally perfection.
Legit, that song's his now in my mind.

> Hail The Sun - Will They Blame Me If You Go Disappearing?
youtube.com/watch?v=o8Tash9Gmug

Aggressive as all hell, with intricate guitar-work and amazing melodic vocals weaved together perfectly.
A great understanding of pacing, putting pauses at all the right places to create slow builds, and switching between high and low energy seamlessly.
The lead singer, Donovan Melero, is also the drummer and he absolutely kills this song live whilst playing full drums. Seeing them in person was one of the greatest shows I've ever been to.

What in the bloody fuck is this?

Not him, but a good song.

>Giles Corey - Blackest Bile
youtube.com/watch?v=mXPp_5Q5CHk
This song is the definition of /sadcomfy/. From the warm acoustic sounds, to the vocal harmonics, it's everything I would want in a sad song. Its position in the album is also great; coming after the screaming of A Haunting Presence (I could also go on about that song, like how well it works as an opener by shattering expectations that Giles Corey is just a sadboi folk album) and being introduced by semi-crazy humming is a great transition. The lyrics are very relatable, too. It's one of very few songs I've cried to. Everyone gushes about No One is Ever Going to Want Me, and it is good, but this right here is the good shit.
>A Silver Mount Zion - Could've Moved Mountains
youtube.com/watch?v=d1bQ4Xh1er4
Such a beautiful and powerful song, yet so subtle. I love the slow, quiet crescendo that feels like a very elegant riot. It's on par with GYBE songs.
ye
that reminded me that the original release only has 8 tracks, I'm more used to 11.
I definitely agree, to me it's one of the best songs to listen to when I feel like shit. The first two songs on the album are 10/10, and maybe eventually I'll appreciate the rest of it, too. Also:
>The THRILL that it gives me, to look out from my window
>And scowl at the houses, from my world in the bedroom
>the year of our lord 2016
>is unfamiliar with Death Grips
I mean, you don't have to like them, but come on

bump

1979 by the smashing pumpkins.
I like it because it reminds me of hanging out with friends on warm nights that seem like a lifetime ago. I like it because it has cool lyrics. I love it because it is the greatest riff I've ever heard.

>The Flaming Lips - Feeling Yourself Disintegrate
The track begins deceptively simple with only vocally delivered audio, then very suddenly is accompanied by sweet acoustic guitar and gently soaring strings. As if a beautiful winged mystical creature is hovering over you but your fear dissipates in your fascination. The vocal harmonies near the keyboards beginning in the song are just about the greatest I have ever heard, adding to the pathos laden style of the already touching lyrics and layering of the song. The keyboards enthrall you as they send you into an ethereal fantastical world, ascending you to another level of simply being. The guitar solo near the end never hits a wrong note and the cover of the album becomes so much more relevant as you are now immersed within a golden-blue night of absolute gorgeousness topped with glistening blissful sound. Transcendental music that makes one feel exactly how it intends to whilst functioning properly as music itself. My vote for the greatest song of all time and a quintessential testament to the phenomenal power of the artistic medium.

>The Replacements - Androgynous
Even though I'm not transgender or anything like that it still makes me feel like it's okay to be myself. It makes me feel like its okay that I'm trash that goes on Japanese message boards and posts pictures of frogs, because, despite all of our quirks and oddities, we deserve love.

I can get behind this but you worded it like a music critic hack. It's a song about death dude

>those fucking tight drums
>really enjoy them lyrics
>a great, tight journey of a song with excellent performances by all musicians.
and it's perfectly produced

youtube.com/watch?v=CdBt3n1MtFM

>Death Grips - Whatever I Want
It's surprisingly uplifting for Death Grips, and a very optimistic song about death. The slow parts when Ride says "Whatever . . . I . . . I . . . Want" is almost heavenly, and contrasted with the faster parts "Head in furnace, proof of purchase" is just kickass.
>Ride - Leave Them All Behind
Much like Nowhere, the first track is a banger. The initial part, with the synths>Bass>Noise>Synths>Noise+Vocals has to be the best moment in shoegaze. It's also long enough to feel like a world of its own. Other tracks like this are Pandemonium by Killing Joke, and Seagull by Ride.

Just listened to this for the first time. I've never been a big fan of this "dramatic" style of metal, and this song is no exception, but yeah, something tells me this guy ain't entirely mortal.

Kendrick Lamar - i (single)
It's a very uplifting song. Gets me through bad times and the such.
>what am i doing on a saturday night
Hating my life, what else is there to do?

Ween - Transdermal Celebration
instrumentation is top tier. the solo's great. makes me feel happy

Ride - Dreams Burn Down
youtube.com/watch?v=E5zTuVhNs5c

This song is a crazy dichotomy of soul crushing lyrics about a breakup with euphoric soaring chiming guitar that melts into a wall of noise, all over the heaviest beat since When the Levee Breaks. This is the song that got me into shoegaze.

I tried to word it passionately.
Earnestly.
Vehemently.
Fuck you, dismissive prick.

I suppose I don't like poetry my man

>Heyoka- Meltdown
Tbh I haven't listened to this song in over a year but it's the first thing I thought of. The tempo of the song is in tune with its key. You can tell when the square wave in the bass is doing glissando octaves.

>Franz Liszt - Un Sospiro
Maybe it's bad form to talk about classical music outside of a dedicated thread, but seriously just listen to this. First of all, anyone who can play this smoothly is a fucking god. It helps if you know that the title means 'a sigh'.

>Brother of the Mayor of Bridgewater - World/Inferno Friendship Society
Just a really good pop song with a bit of a punk flare. I don't know if it's as objectively as good as I give it credit for but this band has helped me get through my hardest times to date. Also their concerts are fucking insane.

damn...

this is me, are there any artists similar to this? i was only recently introduced into the genre

keep this thread up fellas

I used to be able to debate what the worst song I'd ever heard was, listening to that kind of destroyed that argument.

Saw them live monday. Human target practice, 8 ball and ow splidao were amazing. They have the fluency of a mathrock or shreddy thrash metal band but the way they craft the song and keep it progressing but catchy is so unique.

what's your opinion of Something About Us?

it's not as good as Digital Love but it hits me more in the feels
girl and I shared a mutual affection that, for reasons I won't get into, couldn't work out
I actually got her into Daft Punk through Digital Love, but Something About Us is a better fit

youtube.com/watch?v=5s7_WbiR79E
That riff. That fucking riff. Jeez, that fucking riff.

>i want to sing her a few songs

lmao

>Don't just post a youtube link
>fags don't post youtube links at all
it just can't go right

I have a number of 10/10 songs, but for this thread I'll choose On Returning by Wire. It's one of the most anthemic punk songs I've ever listened to. I love the cryptic lyrics, the rhythm and the somewhat sinister vocals. Never get tired of it.

Power - Kanye West

The beat, the flow of the rap, the simplistic nature of the lyrics and the song as a whole is why it's still one of my favorite songs up till this day.

Granted it doesn't have very meaningful lyrics or context at that time, it's still a very appealing song despite how bland it seems from listening to it.

Also, catchy as fuck.

Xiu Xiu - Apistat Commander

Beautiful, nearly broken vocals in beginning express the desperation

hook that is both catchy and fucks you up, that melodic explosion as the song progresses

95% of people know this feel whether its about a horrible break up or wanting to kill yourself or a family member dying. its just vague enough

>Venetian Snares - Vache
youtube.com/watch?v=hJYsScCZwWc

It just gets so insane, especially when it picks up at around around ~1:20

>Drive Like Jehu - Luau
youtube.com/watch?v=Gcxxh1yewhM

Probably one of the greatest post-hardcore songs of all time. These guys took their textures from Slint and Hüsker Dü, their song structures from Metallica and managed to construct what is the Master of Puppets for the post-hardcore generation. The highlight of the song is its pacing. Drive Like Jehu essentially work off of one melody but manage to distort it in a way that it still keeps sounding fresh during the 10 minute song. Overall, this song along with Unwound's Kantina shaped post-hardcore into what it is today imo.

have an upvote
amazing song

>Slint - Breadcrumb Trail
I really like the way the story is told in that impassive spoken word. I love the tenseness and explosive riff. I love the backing vocals on the second climax. The way the opening guitar riff returns after the climax. So tense to relief.
>The Avalanches - Since I left you
makes me happy family

Hah, cool. I actually just recently saw them on Thursday. It was an awesome concert all around, but they completely stole the show. Also hung around to chat with Donovan for a few minutes afterwards, bought a shirt and took a picture with him. Super chill dude.

what's the live recording?