I like the song this guy did on Gaga's new album

I like the song this guy did on Gaga's new album.

Any other good songs by this delicious twink that I should know about? Other than the obvious, that is.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g9mi70JgWtI
youtube.com/watch?v=eBPqksG9nbA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hollywood Freaks is really the only one, desu.

Odelay is by far his best album and within my top five. Listen to The New Pollution to start you off. The guy is also a talented hack who just works with people who steal music like The Dust Brothers whom made his career. David Campbell his dad is in charge of his music's string sections. Don't believe the morons that state Kanye is less talented. Beck does anything he can to attempt to attain legendary status in the industry like having Nigel Godrich Radiohead's producer produce Mutations and pretend he's a master at all instruments. The guy really can't do that much, his new single is trash, his lyrics are word salad. Kanye will go down in history more and is more talented. And let me reiterate. I LOVE Odelay.

The only album you need to hear by him

youtube.com/watch?v=g9mi70JgWtI

I hate how people only use Odelay as an example of him being a "Talentless Hack" he's released plenty of other good albums with using samples or anything like that

Meant to say without

Bullshit. He uses samples all the time in an uncredited manner, such as the Hog Leg sample by Melvins in Beercan. I don't care if that band member was in the video, he did not credit officially. Midnite Vultures is a Prince tribute album. Sea Change is a Blood On The Tracks wannabe album with a literal Nick Drake ripoff on it. Guero's Girl bites Hey Ya by OutKast's guitar to give it more pop appeal. The Information is full of bullshit including Spike Jonze on the last track for its pseudointellectual suite-biting douchebaggery. Modern Guilt is great, but I'm sure also takes tons of influence from other shit. Morning Phase is a snoozefest with seldom exciting moments that did not deserve AOTY Grammy but who cares about awards they just boost rating systems. Wow is abysmal.

Odelay isn't in his top 3 and he's a better songwriter than your favorite songwriter

(Usted)

You use one example of a song that has "unlisted credit" and even that is just one song on Mellow Gold and it's like you're writing off the whole album as unjustified rip off of every other artist, I'm not even a Beck dick rider but you're just wrong, The rest of your argument is speculation, And yes i know wow is abysmal and i know the album will be terrible.

If Buzz Osborne was in the video he obviously didn't care that he wasn't credited or they had an agreement or maybe they were just friends

>he uses samples all the time in an uncredited manner
>here's one example where the person he sampled is in the video for the song

Que onda guero? Guero where you going?

youtube.com/watch?v=eBPqksG9nbA

>Girl's riff is speculation
Novacane had an uncredited sample, and he did not credit The Beatles' Taxman for The New Pollution's bassline.

Your examples are pretty empty. The only one that isn't debatable is the sample in novacane, but even then who cares. So he sampled 1 second of a drum break without crediting it in 19fucking96. Wow what a hack fraud. Oh boy he used a pentatonic lick that the beatles used. I think the beatles will be alright

Seems like for the most part you're just conflating influence with stealing. Your influences showing up in your music doesn't make you talentless. It really just isn't feasible. It's really a cartoonish view of the world to think you can become a world renown and highly celebrated artist simply by writing music that vaguely sounds like another artist. Regardless of how much your song sounds like Bob Dylan, it's not going to go anywhere unless it's a good song.

You realize how much Beck HIMSELF did for Odelay, right? Not much. It was about 90% his producers, ESPECIALLY John King and Michael Simpson. It's funny that Bob Dylan comes up, as Jack-Ass is just It's All Over Now Baby Blue with painfully simple chords over it and meaningless lyrics. Great song also. Just like Lord Only Knows has that percussion sample that is half the song. Hotwax's cool ass ending courtesy of Monk Higgins? Face it, the only self-produced Beck album is Morning Phase. And that album fucking blows. Joey Waronker drums for the guy. You want a truly versatile eclectic artist? Look up Billy Corgan or Sufjan Stevens. Moby, even. I believe Cellphone's Dead is almost entirely the melody of that one famous ass electronicish funkish song.

He did the most important thing, which was write the vocal melodies, lyrics and often the chords. Everything else about his songs vaguely sounding like other artist's is pretty irrelevant. Beck was the main driving force behind the songs and it was a collaboration between himself and the dust brothers.

>twink
i feel like he's a lil furry all over

He's a better songwriter than Billy Corgan and Sufjan Stevens. And it's not close, either.

DEBRA!

You're a joke if you actually believe the shit you're spewing.

That's a Walter E. Smith chair

>Kanye more talented
Good bait

You keep thinking that.
You're only selling yourself short.
With that deleterious vapid reprehensible drivel mentality.

"wrong"