Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums,

What happens here?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-Country_Cairn
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

some ugly concrete stuff

I wouldn't know, but I would guess just some Sami folk who don't really give a shit?

more...

Estonia and Latvia have only one city each.

Why is Östersund right in the middle of Sweden?

>gulf of bothnia
lol it's like bosnia said by a guy with a lisp

looks like this, so not much

is it not supposed to be there

why is norway allowed to do that

coastal hogs I guess

wonder how long those stairs took to make, and did the person/people get paid to make it

Öster means east in swedish, so I'd expect to see it on the eastern coastline, or in Finland.

>or in Finland

I've walked up those from start to the peak, and I'd say it takes a day to replace em if you have 2 people working and 4 people walking up and down the climb to fetch more planks.

Tourists at treriksröset.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-Country_Cairn

Norwegian clay, originally. Pretty far to the east for them.

oh cool an article on it

Why did swedes take Trondelag?

Clay is nice to have.
Sometimes you make deals with other countries and piecemeal a whole country just because they can't stop you.

But why not annex whole of Norway? Why did he separated the country in two? What is there in Trondelag that he wanted only that part of Norway?

King died in the process of annexing Norway, and Trondelag went back in the peace deal.

Got in a peace treaty. Tried to conscript everyone. They refused. Cost more than it was worth, hard to integrate due to shitty connections to Sweden proper.

Gave it back.

Fun fact, Jämtland has been largely autonomous for most of history as still retain somewhat of a separate identity. Republic of Jämtland and all that.
The language also was something of creole between Swedish and Norwegian for the longest time.