/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, December 17th:
546 – Siege of Rome: The Ostrogoths under king Totila plunder the city, by bribing the Byzantine garrison.
1398 – Sultan Nasir-u Din Mehmud's armies in Delhi are defeated by Timur.
1586 – Go-Yōzei becomes Emperor of Japan.
1807 – Napoleonic Wars: France issues the Milan Decree, which confirms the Continental System.
1819 – Simón Bolívar declares the independence of Gran Colombia in Angostura.

>News
CK2 Facts about Artifacts, Real talk about Relics
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-34-facts-about-artifacts-real-talk-about-relics.988111/

EU4 - 13/12
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-13th-of-december-2016.988299/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

worldmapswithout.nz/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Absolutely based.

talex

HOW DOES HE DO IT EVERY TIME

Vic3 when?

Is slavery moral? In my opinion it is as long as it is done within its own ethnic group. Otherwise, you are just importing foreigners and affecting the demographic makeup of your country, virtually always an immoral act. The only time foreigners should be enslaved is if they weren't imported but where there in owned land prior (inc. from conquest).

Should I try to do it?

Become GROB lad

What do you all think of Stellaris? Do you think it can be classified as a gsg? If not, do you think (via DLCs, patches, etc) it can ever be turned into a great space gsg or is it a lost cause?

this whole board is shitposting though

>tfw only 400k pops but can't wait to genocide 1.3 million natives

It's not even in the OP lmao

Post your latest blobs

:^)))))

Yeah, but it can be classified to be a gsg. Although it has a lot of elements of a 4X, it also has a ton of elements of a gsg, no? I would certainly say that Stellaris is a gsg.

wrong thread

>r an I is talex

liquor

Did someone say liquor?

>Beornia is supposed to be an english country
>already 15% Irish
epic fucking mod

does anyone feel that the UK (or England) in eu4 literally never touch India, africa or north America? and why when the usa is formed they dont buy lands from who ever colonized lousinaia(Middle of North America)

Reminder
t. Prussian expat

I hate every single one of you and pray your shitty general gets banned

t. treddit etc

fuck off australia

>his """"""country"""""" isn't even on some maps
worldmapswithout.nz/
Also talex

>grandiquor posters are all Johnny foreigners
Poetry.

It's because we are exporting liquor

>cuckposters all are perfidious albions
no surpirse there

I knew it

Wilhelm I was probably one of the greatest men to ever live

lads is it worth it to have a standing army with infantry, or just the hus/eng/art and use mobilized dudes for infantry?

1. Paracux games are shit

Is it true if you modify your country religion in your save, your soldier will increase more than usual?

Victoria 2 is good with HPM, faggot.

t. Grandi

Go to sleep Alex. It's pretty late

talex

no

Hey guys, I'm the autist who created Sup Forumscraft, and as I've said before, it was only ever decent when I ran it (the first two iteration). I never liked the fanbase, and the idiots who run it now were the original fanbase, and like some sort of cargo-cult they carry on my creation in a bastardised form. They never understood what Sup Forumscraft was meant to be.

Anyway, that's not what I'm posting here for now. My true vision is a GSG MMO. Obviously, due to the Grand-scale of a GSG, and the MASSIVEness of an MMO, it does seem like I'm getting in over my head, which is why SGMO is a close enough approximation. A Multiplayer Online (presistent-world) [Roleplaying] Startegy Game (MO[R]SG).

I have dozens of concepts in dozens of historical settings, with factions, forts, deserts, mountains, seas, et cetera. It's mainly for my love of history and geography. Each concept must have natural termination points where the player is bound, to keep it small-scale, so you're playing on a limited, but beautiful, exciting and ever evolving terrain. Whether you be bound by the straits of Gibraltar or the Negev desert, those are the ends of the world that keep you immersed in a particular place in a particular time.

A game like this, with 5 forts, 2-5 factions and an unfolding saga (actual player history with actual events) would need 100 players (active). Every increase in population would increase the potential settlements and factions.

Pic related is the Kingdom of Jerusalem. Five locales would be Jerusalem, Gaza, Tiberias, Jaffa, and Tyrus. For factions you could have the Crusaders, the Jews and the Muslims. The map may begin with Crusaders as the sole rulers, but as time goes on the Muslims stage a counter-attack (in loveable Minecraftian combat style, i.e. a charismatic general leading a band of opportunists with cross-bows and swords).

Anyway, it's simple as shit.

THIS IS Sup Forums NOT /VG/ STOP WITH YOUR VIDYA GENERALS

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

l

i

Friendly reminder that Erdogan is white and based

Or the Reconquista, or Ancient Persia, or the early Caliphate, or the Roman Republic, or the Byzantine Empire.

The only limitation is it has to scale to population and you need an enclosed zone: Iberia, Iran, the Middle-East, the Western Mediterranean, Greece and Anatolia, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. If you're going to have a server that can only handle 100 players, your upper limit will be 5 real "cities"(settlements), and probably less factions.

The interesting part is how you flesh out the terrain and the factions.

A fairly big Iran concept is Ancient Iran with four Shahdoms; Hamadan (Media), Parseh (Persia), Nishapur (Parthia) and Isfahan (Sassania), each ruled by a Shah. At any one time one Shahdoms rules all of Iran (Media, Persia, Parthia, or Sassania). The capital cities are equidistant with mountains and deserts between, making them a day's trek from one another. Further built into the Shahdoms is a lot of roleplaying elements associated with them.

Or perhaps an simple Egypt one with the Med to the north, the Sahara to the west, the Red Sea to the east and the Nile Lake to the south, where the entire thing is set on a well made Nile map. There would be the Upper and Lower Kingdom, each with 2 cities (Luxor, Aswan - Memphis, Alexandria), and the fertile Nile is used for massive agriculture production to keep workers in the mines in the Eastern desert alive to make tools and weapons for the warriors so your Kingdom can launch an invasion of the dirty barbarians in the other Kingdom.

What mod

TL;DR

One of these Paradox games, but stripped down so a few dozen people can act it out in Minecraft.

You're the server's own Charlemagne, for whatever that means. Conquest, plunder, great works, agriculture, resource extraction, governance, block-based military strategy and roleplaying, all under one roof.

This was Egypt in the first Sup Forumscraft. It ruled very well by Pharoah something-or-another for 2 weeks, before the envious Jews looked upon it and tore it asunder. It was the biggest war on the server, and dozens were slain. There was one Jew who killed 50% of the Egyptians. The city was plundered for days before it was re-settled by newbies, who inhabited only a fraction of it, leaving most of it a ghost town.

From there the server became northern-european focused (britanny, england, Sweden, denmark), and 60% of the server became England.

I realised I should have used a map that was much more centered on a particular place at a particular time, because 90% of Anglo-Americans play England if they can, and the Scandis play their own countries, and those two groups are like 90% of people with Minecraft.

These are some pics from the more recent intcraft.

do you need to buy the game to play on the Sup Forums server?

Good post

I keep stressing population, because it takes a faction 25 active players to man one of these fort-"cities". They're what the game is all about. They are born, they are destroyed, they are resettled and they are remembered. The sack of Egypt was the talk of the server for months afterward. The heroes were heroes well after they stopped playing. And having seen it all as the admin (I only viewed the players, I never intervened), it was intense and full of suspense.

There was legitimate strategy, and points they had to capture. It was an actual siege and conquest.

I played on Austerlitzer's ancient Greek server where we did the siege of Troy, and that was even more intense. It lasted into the next day, and as soon as anyone logged on, they were needed at the battlefield ASAP.

Later iterations of Sup Forumscraft (which are shit), let pirate accounts play. I never did, because I'm an RP-fag. Also, factions work best when they coordinate their skins. Most factions had their own skin, so they all looked the same (with little custom touches from players).

Also, Minecraft is like $15. I'd rather keep out the people who can't buy Minecraft than stare at the ugly ass Steve skin all day.

willy

I also should add, it's not standard Minecraft. Standard Minecraft has very little replay value (unless you have a short attention span). We had dozens of plug-ins. No gold tools/armor/weapons. No "technology" (red stone, glow stone, minecarts, et cetera). Hard-mode on. No Monsters. String was made from wool. No buckets, no explosives. No 1x1 towers. You can't place blocks beneath you. Random Spawn. No teleports (this one was a constant struggle with the mostly juvenile player-base).

It just went on and on. I stripped it down to the simplest PvP, sandbox experience, because that's all I wanted. Structures were player built, everything as pre-industrial, and you CONSTANTLY needed food, so you'd start farming to avoid death.

You got a natural hierarchy of needs. You farm to survive, you are subsisting so you mine to make better tools, better tools beget even better tools, now you have excess resources, you improve your surroundings, you attract others to your fort... you got feudalism pretty quick, and giant stockpiles.

Stockpiles + Workforce = Great Works, which is what happened in Egypt, and it drew envy from "barbarians" who destroyed it, and Egypt was looted then resettled.

I'm interested in how a longer span of history would have went. Kingdoms rise and fall cyclically, but in all the destruction you get something so monumentous it creates a legacy.

>have 3 coal RGOs and 0 grain RGOs
>make a cement factory, thinking everyone will need cement to make all their buildings and railroads and fortifications
>also make a liquor factory, even though I am muslim
>cement factory constantly losing money
>liquor factory making 30 moneys a day
i want this meme to end

>factories that produce goods that are not in demand do not profit
>factories that produce goods that are in demand do profit

I don't understand what exactly is the meme here. cement is extremely unprofitable because the demand for cement rises and falls. people will always need liquor

I thought you were cool Freddy.
I also thought you were Croation.

But you're just a leaf afterall.

Pic Related is my Game as The Sabiri's a Zoroastrian Persian Dynasty which had fled to the Kashmir region of India and converted the local population. My Aim is too make the whole Persian region Zoroastrian again but my ability to do so has been delayed by The Timurids who i have only recently been strong enough to take on.

The Religous Mapmode.

>putting chinks in your glorious indo-aryan empire

should have stayed in India, Afghanistan, etc

what do you think lads

big and beautiful like ur mum lol

haha piss off mate my mum's only chubby rofl

why the fuck is this on int

>not playing the Geheimnisnacht (warhammer fantasy battles) mod when playing CK2

It's like you are some revisionist fetishist.

>tfw no DElf gf

>intcraft
Beef? Chien? which one are you?
[spoiler]Will you be playing at christmas serb?[/spoiler]

Why is this in Sup Forums?

I'd say this actually makes for a more Sup Forums related subject than 90% of the other threads.

god tier:
>dark elf
>kislevite and some imperials
>carstein and blood dragon vampire
good tier:
>chaos dwarf
>hung
>cathayan
>bretonian
>albionian
>amazon
okay tier:
>estalian, tilean, strygan etc.
>high elf
>southlan
>lahmian vampire
meh tier:
>the other imperial
>norscan
>dwarf
>wood elf
shit tier:
>strygoi vampire
>necrarch vampire
>mathmasi vampire
>jade vampire
>mootlander
>lustrian halfling
>kurgan

in terms of qt?

yes

I just wanted to say that love you shitposters

Holy shit my sides, based and white

W&B

>tfw at war with the whole world

>tfw threath mechanics is retarded

>tfw this is bullshit

still won though

Why this thread is on Sup Forums?

talex

R8

Either unHPM garbage or console commands, this doesn't happen in normal HPM

t.unhpm

t. georgiantogolad
It does happen, with meme fascist events and great wars.

Neat

Invading India was hard because i literally Allied most of Northwestern India. It will probably be easy to expand through there once i take out Jaunpur through.

I am the Worm-Faggot. And there is nothing worse in this world than me

>Hearts of Iron game using proper cyrillic
trash it senpai

???

tt. trob

n-nani?

t. l'aléxe

t bobo

I LOVE P.I GAMES BUT I CAN'T UNDERSTAND YOU.