Advice?

>Advice?
I'm 19. I want to leave home and go to college in Calgary. Parents are REALLY against letting me go and live on my own. They'd rather I go to the local college here. I'm well aware I can do what I want at my age, but I REALLY don't want to cut my parents off..

What the fuck do I do?

Bump.
This will only take 2 minutes from your viewership of a trap thread.

If you're FUCKING OVER 18, then why are you EVEN LISTENING to your parents, you beta asswipe? Dude go live your own life. Fuck your parents, embrace your freedom.

/thread

i'm 17 and i cant fucking wait to leave this apartment man

Fuck you. And of course I want to live my own life. But I don't have a "fuck your parents" attitude towards them either.

I'd say two things,
1. Your parent obviously want what's best for you, and they probably have WAY more worldly knowledge then you do, so it may be hard sometimes to see how what they want for you benefits you.

2. You're an adult, and some people just need to live on their own and make mistakes. Let's say going to college in Calgary IS a mistake, even then, it may be better for your personal growth then staying at home where you'll stagnate in a way.

So live under your parent's control like a caged bird, you faggot. I pity you.

Not everyone has shitty parents or has resentment toward their parents.

Fucking samefag

Yeah I think I'll just try to convince them that me going may be what's best for me even if it doesn't work out.
This. This is what I'm trying to explain. I don't have any I'll feelings towards my parents so I don't want to just kick them out if my life.

When did Society start making people like you ; or your parents?
Nineteen ?! And you want to go to a part of Big-Scary Canada?
You didn't accidentally say you were going to "fight the war in Syria" did you?
At 17 and 11 months I qualified for a university 700km from home [I'm Australian , so that is Next-door].
My parents would have paid for everything for me to GO - and my dad was an electrician and mum didn't need to work until I thought of going away.
What is WRONG with your parents ?
You're going to Canada , not Alabama as a Blank-person ; who's going to hurt you?

err , black person.

drinking . . . Friday night here.

Dude what? All I'm saying is, I'm going, but with my parents being so against me going; what are a suggestions to prevent cutting them off or leaving them on a sour note.
I'm well aware I'm going to be fine.

It's time for me to grow up m and d

Where are you from anyway?

>I want to leave home and go to college in Calgary.
Why? What's your plan? For that matter, what's their plan?

>1. Your parent obviously want what's best for you, and they probably have WAY more worldly knowledge then you do, so it may be hard sometimes to see how what they want for you benefits you.
TBH I had parents that wanted the best for me and still gave shit advice. People can talk ungodly amounts of bullshit. The important thing is to listen to what they're arguing off, rather than what their conclusions are.

>2. You're an adult, and some people just need to live on their own and make mistakes. Let's say going to college in Calgary IS a mistake, even then, it may be better for your personal growth
Massively this. Try to understand where your parents are coming from, but don't let them make the decision for you. When you inevitable screw up your life somehow and reflect on why, you don't want to be thinking "I was just following directions."

Are you paying your own way? Or are mom and dad footing your bills? Did you get accepted to Calgary already?

I'm from Vancouver.
Primarily I need a change of scenery, their University offers a program I want to do, I feel it's necessary for me to grow.

And yeah again, I definitely will tell them if I mess up it may be good for personal growth. A good point from you guys

>I'm from Vancouver
Isn't that like a 2 hour fight?

I will cover my own expenses if I go. I've sent my application a couple days ago, same time I sent my application to my local U.

Or thereabouts. That's the thing I'm trying to explain to them. But they keep bugging out over me living on my own. Especially since my older siblings left home after they finished college.

Well wait to you accepted or rejected to say anything. College acceptance is not a sure thing. Since your self funding tell them its for your independence and to help them financially. So they can go on more vacations or whatever they like.

You're not white are you

Thanks for the advice dude.
No, I'm East Asian, not sure why it matters though.

>Convince them that that college is better than the local one for your future,
>bullshit them with shit how it will benefit you

I'd honestly recommend U of A though. They have better programs.

That's just my opinion. Just tell them that they have the bachelors program that you've been looking for. If you don't have anything specific, then you're not ready for university.

you do realize most people don't reach financial independence from their parents until 25/26 years old now, right? Not smart to turn into an edgelord at age 18 when you might, you know, need your parents help still.

Listen to your parents they are usually right.

Thanks
I realize these things can be true. But I really want independence

Spread your wings and fly little faggot.

>No, I'm East Asian, not sure why it matters though
It's just cultural
Your parents expect to have more influence over their son whereas most north American white parents would let their kid do what they want and probably be supportive

Fuck your parents. You're an adult, why do you care what your parents think? Go to the college you want. You should have been living on your own a long time ago anyway. You're fucking 19, what are you doing still living with your parents, you fucking loser?

I came here when I was 6. I'm a citizen now but because of my arrival+birthday, I finished highschool now and turned 19 3 days ago.
Oh right.

And that's an excuse how? I'm an immigrant too and I started living on my own when I turned 17. Stop being such a faggot.

Ok. Good for you