What does Sup Forums think about AMD's new 200$ graphics card?

what does Sup Forums think about AMD's new 200$ graphics card?

Great price point for the performance you get specially in dx12, but everybody is still going to buy a 1070/1080 cause they're all idiots.

And why are they idiots?

Cause two of these will still be cheaper then a 1080 and have much better performance.

probably because they have money to buy more expensive things

Its a good card if it released with the 900 series, still a good price point for performance budget builds. I am just curious if it will keep the same problems from the past of overheating and causing tears and crashes. If the smaller chip helps that then AMD hopefully will do well. Competition leads to cheaper prices and better products for us consumers.

I'm planning to buy two of the big ones SLI.

Are you going to buy 4 of the small, or?

Lol, you're a moron.
Not OP

You still have to deal with what's pretty much a broken DX12 integration that no amount of drivers will ever fix.

A moron for doing SLI 1080?

Can you be specific as to why?

It is an amazing starter card. People who have been gaming longer or that demand a bit more will get a 1070, but the AMD card is an AMAZING model to get started. Have to await the reviews tho

Or a 1080*

The AMD 480 which is a $200 card is a tier below what the 1070 is and two tiers below what the 1080 is. The 480 is meant to compete with the 1060 I think, however the 1060 hasn't been released yet.

The thing with having two of these 480 cards in crossfire is sometime games don't allow crossfire or sli because developers are starting to be annoying lately and not implement it in their games at release for some stupid bloody reason. asshats!

Ordered two 1080's, don't regret. Greater toaster.

That should keep yer pizza warm

you're an idiot if you buy crossfire/sli from the start and you forget that it uses more power and gets hotter.

still, i wont buy fucking jewvidia because they're a shit company.

i'm waiting for some non paid benchmark
>DIGITAL FOUNDRY is a reliable source???

OP here, i have a geforce gtx 970 rn so i wasn't planning on buying this new AMD card, but just in case i wanna do a budget build in the future i was wanting to see if it was worth the price tag or not

dunno if I'm willing to buy it. my r9 280x is doing just fine, and i don't think i will purchase the oculus rift anytime in the future with the drm war going on with the vive.

Waiting for benchmarks

Spoken like a true free market capitalist

Id take it if it wouldnt have that 150w tdp. I hoped for less so ill take a 1070 with the same tdp but more power

No AMD is worth the price, eventually you will upgrade to a Nvidia. Just because it's more fun play the game than look everyday for drives updates.

i need that graphics card in my ass

this, AMD / ATI video cards and driver problems

I'd never buy a ATI graphics card again, Bought a card a few years back, never preformed correctly, like a month after warranty was up ATI announced that they no longer supported the card although the card had all the hardware that should have been able to compete with G-Force no problem. had to give the card to a windows xp user

This. NVIDIA drivers never need to be updated

And when they do the software tells you in a very non-intrusive way and let's you do it when you want, if you want to do it.

They do, but not every day, multiple times per day, in parts, that require re installs... broken stuff runs in those G/CPU's.
Also AMD just recently offered full support to DX10, 11 is buggy as hell and 12 is more like pre alpha support crash simulator.

AMD never again i had 2 of these shitty vga and both of them got rekt
first was my 2900xt while i was playin gta iv
then my 4890 while i was playing Call of juarez

ill probably end up getting 2. My main pc is needing a cpu and gpu upgrade, and we were thinking about getting a 2nd lesser pc so my wife and i can play pc games together.

dude i ran a amd card and didnt update it for 3 years.

yeah but you should

there are still features that aren't supported properly in AMD's cards though

Because your card is probably outdated and they bailed on its updates. Check it out they do it very often.

yeah you should pay twice the price to see geralt's hair flow more majestically in the breeze

>1060
>existing

Seems shaddy as fuck AMD using shady marketing as always, even worse than Nvidia's "Relative performance" charts or the "Overclockers dream" fiasco and the benchmarks for the Fury X against the GTX980Ti.

>Two GPUs on CF to match a single GTX1080 performance
>GPU utilization just 57%

The game Ashes of Singularity uses MDA mode to handle dual GPU systems since you can mix vendors.

So having just 57% utilization means almost half of the hardware is not being used at all.

So if the hardware is so great why pair two?

Also dual GPU setups are silly and never work right, specially AMD's crossfire which support is laughable, they have the best dual GPU scaling in the industry as in their dual gpus when they work the get near 100% utilizatin on boths GPU while Nvidia usually gets around 70% average across multiple games, yet AMD drivers never support Crossfire profiles or are full of bugs, it wasn't until recently that AMD fixed Fallout 4 CF problems, Fallout 4 was released on November last year, half a year to fix it and this is a flagship game, while Nvidia is always adding and improving Sli profiles so even if they have worse utilization scability SLI is better in general because it fucking works and when it doesn't you can use Nvidia inspector profile and mess around with the SLI settings and find something that works.

I bought a 980 like 3 months ago. Lol any one want to buy it.

how much you want for it

AMD released these to go for mainstream people, they are not yet trying to compete with NVidia.

>being this much of a fanboy

1080 is sold out
they just reached perfection with this vga
but the price is a bit salty

Not sold out everywhere.
I can still get it from pretty much everywhere, including amazon which would be delivered with prime on monday.

Tbh i was going to wait for the 1070 but now this AMD cheaper and possibly better Price on how it runs The RX480 Isnt a competitor for Nvidia but a competitor in VR Affordability. Said indian Radeon CEO Cuck. My new build doesnt require a 1070 so might as well wait for the RX480

how much they charging?

Then don't be a stupid nigger and git some gud airflow in your PC

789€

Can my GTX 480 do VR? It's the same number as the RX 480.

I bought a 950 last week. Should I be regretting it?

Hell yes.
Nvidea is known for not giving a shit about making modern games (drivers) run well on older cards.

Depends on how you use it and how much you paid.

For supporting a deal facto monopoly? Definitely

De *

Isn't the 150 Watt tdp the maximum tdp that was speculated and not confirmed as the tdp the card will have?

You betcha