Why do people keep calling him a plant?

why do people keep calling him a plant?

because roger waters

because Sup Forums has injected this stupid mindset into everyone that pretty much anything you don't like has to be due to shilling or some conspiracy.

not saying it never happens, but jesus at some point that kind of shit just loses all meaning. if the music industry actually wanted to make money they could do a lot fucking better than father john mcfaggy

yo jim morrison is alive? crazy american fuck ha ha

Because people confuse the term plant with possible CIA asset

This guy does not look even close to Jim Morrison

He kinda does

Since when does Sup Forums hate FJM? When Honey Bear came out, it was universally praised on this board.

They grew tired of his bitter aloof schtick

Does he always look like this much of a douchebag?

probably because he's a plant

Honey Bear is painfully mediocre, Fear Fun is still pretty groovy though.

Tillman had tons of experience and success in groups before his FJM moniker.

Grimes is the real industry plant

>Not thinking the opposite

You suck at listening to music

>experience
sure
>success
lol no

having 8 albums that no one fucking knows or remembers and letting Robin Pecknold boss you around for a couple years doesn't count as success.

More so than OP's pic usually

Honey Bear is a great concept album. What are you smoking?

Nah, sorry for not being into his cheesy wannabe Harry Nilsson shit.

Fear Fun is a super fun psych/folk rock largely removed of pretension while ILYHB is a overproduced, self-important, tonal mess that lacks any kind of cohesion in terms of sound.

He's so much better when he doesn't take himself so seriously. I mean the big single from ILYHB is some cliched half thought out piece of "social commentary" while Fear Fun's is a song about fucking a chick in cemetery.

Hopefully he goes back to that kind of stuff on the next album.

>taking the bait

this

honeybear is so fucking overrated

I liked Honey Bear, but this user does have a point.

The lyrics come off as pretentious and "hehehe look at clever and sarcastic i am ecksdee".

And yes, I know he was being pretentious on purpose so he claims, but that somehow makes it even more pretentious and overly self absorbed.

The music is the saving grace of that album

Roger waters plants?
What the fuck are you trying to say

Stop posting FJM and post a pic of Morrison to compare.

baiting the b8ers. well memed

Nigga, Fleet Foxes is a great band and still lovingly remembered. If that isn't success in the modern day music industry (shitty pop aside), then what is?

Anyone have a reason as to why he thinks hes a plant? Does he have pro-Zionist lyrics or something?

Fleet Foxes are great and successful, but Tillman was barely a part of them. All he did was play drums and the live harmony work, he himself admits that he contributed practically nothing from a creative standpoint, wasn't even on their first album. Being more or less a session drummer doesn't count as success IMO.

And yet The Band became immensely famous and influential merely by being Dylan's back up band before ever releasing any solo work.

Why do people keep calling him good?

Because he has a fine sense of melody, a good voice, and writes memorable, catchy songs.

He makes shitty boring twing twangs kids on youtube could do.

Well, that's a swell opinion, user. I disagree though. Looks like we've reached a stalemate in our subjective discussion of what is or is not good music.

oh jesus fucking christ, are you seriously comparing The Band to his mediocre drumming? Completely different context alltogether, and they were hardly "famous and influential" before releasing their first album. That didn't come till they proved themselves as artists on their own.

I'm not a big fan of him, but "criticisms" like this are an easy way to tell that someone more or less has no idea what they're talking about. The guy you responded to gave some valid reasons why he's at least somewhat well liked and respected, stop being a faggot.

>oh jesus fucking christ, are you seriously comparing The Band to his mediocre drumming
No, I was just citing an example that seemed relevant to the discussion. Obviously, his contribution to Fleet Foxes wasn't on the level of the Band's touring with Dylan but it is, however, responsible for me having any fucking clue who he was when he released his first record.

Just to be clear, I hate everything about this fucking guy other than his music. His personality is incredibly insufferable and every time he opens his mouth to do anything but sing, I'm instantly annoyed by him. Still, in Fleet Foxes he did at least show his talent for harmony which is a rare gift these days from guys who can actually write a decent tune.

>Still, in Fleet Foxes he did at least show his talent for harmony
He didn't actually write any of the harmonies though, as I said in the original post, the extent of his contributions to Fleet Foxes was doing whatever Robin Pecknold told him to do. He was more of just an instrument than an actual member.

I mean shit, they're currently recording the new FF without him, just wait till it comes out and you'll see that nothing of value was lost. If anything, it'll have improved since they got Neal Morgan, an actually talented drummer on it.

He is a pretty awful drummer, agreed. If you watch those old performances they did at random in public in Paris, he is always off-time and shit.

Still, even though he didn't write any of the harmonies he was certainly capable of performing them very well. Admittedly, I love Fleet Foxes more than any of his solo work as well so I may be a bit biased.