Rap/Hip Hop

What did he mean by this?

he's wrong
illmatic is literally perfect, it's hip hop in it's most pure form

4, 5, 6 is better

Kendrick is tweaking. Illmatic is almost like a fucking Noir or a crime drama. That's how good Nas paints the picture.

How is illmatic in any way similar to a noir or crime drama?

It has the tone. Each track feels like a different scene with a well constructed plot running along. It also provided some street nigga perspective that a lot of artist couldn't articulate well before the album.

Yah I just don't see it.

Midnight Marauders is the only perfect hip-hop album

i think keep it rolling and the chase pt 2 are a little bit weaker than the rest, but otherwise it's pretty perfect. side a is probably one of the best side a's in all of music

You wouldn't.

What does this mean?

you made it a hot line i made it a hot song literally ended this debate

illmatic is good but can i live dead presidents 2 and regrets is better than anything nas has made )

brooklyn's finest, dead presidents ii, d'evils, friend or foe, coming of age, regrets, bring it on

vs

genesis, life's a bitch, the world is yours, memory lane, one love, represent, it ain't hard to tell

jay-z has 7 perfect songs, nas 6.5

you forgot ny state of mind and halftime

if the beats were better maybe

when did Sup Forums become r/hhh

and can i live

And One Time 4 Your Mind; Nas' flow is amazingly smooth on it, and the second verse has some of the best rhyming on the whole album
But Halftime has a bumping beat, great flow, a good punchline or two, and rhyming from a very young MC in 1992 that very, very few could rival at the time, and NY State of Mind's slightly tonally dark jazzy piano and the crackling of the old production equipment suit the track perfectly, and it has one of the best introductions of a debuting MC and two amazingly extraordinary verses, which probably deserve a place among hip hop's best

well i hate him now

oh sorry we can go back to talking about shitty obscure shit made by hipsters now if you want

Why user?

Unfollowed him

You're white

Actually I'm black.
I see nothing in Illmatic resembling noir or a "crime drama" because it's not that fucking type of album.

wtf i love kendrick now!!

i have no problem with rap but you fucks are talking like autists

Nope

>friend or foe , coming of age , bring it on
>no can i live

reddt awaits you

>I'm sorry, overrated is more overrated than overrated

Blueprint and Stillmatic are the true classics and I won't fight ya over the better one.

Imo, Life's a Bitch is by far the worst track on illmatic

Illmatic is overrated shit

What the fuck

what do you mean? Nas' album illmatic is praised as one of the best albums in hophop after 1991. but kendrick was saying, contrary to what mad people think, he thinks Jay-Z's album "reasonable doubt' was more of an influence and a definition of the pinnacle of hiphop (paraphrasing here, in the most broken down words you can understand easily. )

>personally I'm a huge nas fan and haven't honestly given reasonable doubt a chance because I'm not a fan of Jay-Zs flow or style.
so to me, he'll always be second to jay-z

Sup Forums will never be as good as r/hhh

>keep it rolling and the chace pt 2 are a little bit weaker

Get the fuck out.

>ll cool j was on the level of jay-z you know...
i mean, almost.
and look at him now...

>more of an influence and a definition of the pinnacle of hiphop
Mindless ego and narcissism with no direction?

i personally never gave "reasonable doubt" a chance because i don't really like jay-z's style or flow. so to me, i have no clue what kendrick talking about

this desu

Ok, so you say Jay-Z has 7 perfect tracks out of 14 and Nas has 6.5 out of 10.
65%>50%

It's a fucking retarded way to compare albums tho

r/hhh is a cesspool

cucc's and cacc's

The only non-perfect tracks on RD are Ain't no Nigga, and Cashmere Thoughts.
Actually I just think he's saying he likes it more and thinks it's better.
Go away then.

No YOU'RE WHITE

Why don't you give it a chance then?