Rhythm Games

What do you guys think of Rhythm games?

I've loved them since I was wicked young, like 9 years old (now 20 years old).

Started with Dance Dance Revolution Extreme 2 when I was 9 in 2005, moved onto Guitar Hero 2 when I was 10 in 2006, Guitar Hero III when I was 11 in 2007, Rock Band 2 when I was 12 in 2008. They pretty much shaped my taste in music.

Since then, I've learned and played actual instruments like piano, guitar, and drums, but I always seem to come back to play Guitar Hero 3 on my PC ever since I found out it existed with custom songs. There's something about the visual cues that makes it really satisfying to watch while you play.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wgb2sDsc_b8
youtube.com/watch?v=1Wb4ezCR5VE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Really like them, got me seriously interested in listening to and playing actual music. They're also just fun as hell.

DJ Hero is GOAT. I still play it on occasion

Is it true that it is harder to get good on Guitar Hero than to learn to play a real guitar since you are more limited? Me friend used to say that shit all the time.

For certain songs, yes.

Its not true at all.

I love Rocksmith.

DDR Max 2 and Extreme were my shit. Used to go to arcades as a young lad and play heavy mode. People used to surround me and take pics, weird but fond memories

the thing that got me into playing guitar was Rock Band
your friend's a dumbass

Same here, I've learned a lot through playing it.

OP have you tried playing Thumper? If no, then you should really check it out, it is like the dark souls of rhythm games. If yes, then what do you think about it?

I like Guitar Hero. Discovered a couple bands I really like from it.
No. Real guitar is way harder.

I went through the GH phase from the first game to the end of it but only ever at my cousin's house.
I picked up RB4 on my PS4 a few months ago and now I'm going through the phase all over again.

I wish I could go back ;_;

I wish it didn't have to be an Internet stranger to tell you this, but your friend may be a compulsive liar. Seriously. I know a guy like that, and this looks alarmingly similar to something he'd probably say.

i am a rock band obsessive
you guys know you can get custom songs on Rock Band 3? it's pretty great
youtube.com/watch?v=Wgb2sDsc_b8

I still play Rock Band 3 on PS3 once in a while, but I'm a casual expert.

(Anyone still playan pls hit me up)

To be honest RB4 has been pretty underwhelming. Shitty setlist and DLCs, Lightning Bolt is the greatest addition they made so far.

I think it's pretty good, but I also don't have any of the other Rock Bands to compare it to. It's really my only option right now seeing as I put $200 into the full band kit that only works on the PS4, so I'm not hugely disappointed with it.
I only hate that the madcatz drum kit love dropping notes for no fucking reason, but it doesn't happen enough for me to drop the game.

>Shitty setlist
I think this is an exaggeration. It's no RB2 but it's got plenty of classics and a lot of good new indie stuff. There's some meh stuff in there like V-Bomb and Cedarwood Road but I think it's a good setlist all around.
I agree about the DLC though. It's mostly been garbage top 40 stuff from after 2010, but then they throw in god-tier stuff in the middle of that like Jane, Africa, Stop, and Save Tonight

My uncles have a bunch of leftover stuff from the primetime of GH/RB that's just collecting dust so I may buy that stuff from them

I used to play GH3 a lot.

I bought the new GH live and it's the worst game i've ever bought. I have to grind for credits to play what I want on quickplay. It's fucking retarded.

I got a guitar a few months ago and bought Rocksmith and I like it even though I'm still pretty bad at it. I just got this lag I can't fix so I don't play it as often as I'd like.

I played a little Guitar Hero and Rock Band when I was younger and I was always pretty shit. Then I learned how to play guitar and seven years later went back to playing Guitar Hero and Rock Band with some friends and suddenly wasn't shit. Still shit at actual guitar.

HOLY FUCK THIS IS FUCKING HYPE THANK YOU

youtube.com/watch?v=1Wb4ezCR5VE

Guitar Hero is the game that made me interested in music and want to seek out new music.

Before Guitar Hero, I mostly listened to Baby Bash and other musicians that my friends would burn on CDs for me.

I played guitar and guitar hero all through high school and I can assure you that guitar hero is about 1/60 the difficulty of real guitar.

If you have ever held a guitar hero guitar and a real guitar then you will understand that being "more limited" makes absolutely no sense in that context.

It's probably harder to write a song on a guitar hero guitar.

Source: Finished every song on expert on multiple games but still pretty average at guitar despite putting in like 10x as many hours into real guitar at least

It's literally impossible to write a song on a guitar hero controller, the buttons don't correspond to actual notes. Unless you know that and you meant something else?

Anyway, I was big into Gh2/3, tapping the intro to through fire and flames was my party trick, as well as playing before I forget without looking. Good memories. I recently bought a ps2 just to play them again, ended up leaving it at my friends house who was always closest to my skill level. Finally someone can beat me on some songs IRL