Your country

>your country
>how much do you need to earn to live like a proper human being(like not ghetto level bad life) in your country?
Japan
At least $1300 usd.

$5000 post-tax minimum, everything else isn't financially secure

btw by $1300 usd I meant $1300 usd per month.

In my city, $1.3K usd is the bare minimum to not live in poverty.

That is poverty though

100% depends on where you live tbqhwy. if you life in new york city you need a fuckton more money than if you live in say, Boise Idaho

with 500€/month you live like slave
with 1000€/month you're very comfortable as a single young adult.
With 1500€ and above you're like a king (in the post-crisis era).

35k per year you can survive

50k per year you can survive and save some money for a rainy day

70k you can survive and maybe even afford to retire one day

If you want a family with a house you need to make at least 150k between you and your wife

Rus
400-500$

I live near boston, single, making $4,900 a month after taxes. I don't live in any hoods. However, this is a pretty fuggin expensive city. Like $1,800+ for a studio apartment per month

Probably 2000 USD per month to live ok as a renter. Good luck retiring or owning a house though

Owning a house in a housing bubble is mentally retarded

Plus they're made out of paper

Meanwhile the average salary in russia is 300 bucks. Most of russians live as ghetto niggers (actually much worse)

I hope you don't mean $5000 per month? If not can young Canadians even afford that much?

That's similar to us.

How about some Californian cities? Like Irvine?

It looks like you can live cheaper there than here.

Is Canada just a expensive place to live in? Or maybe Japan is just a lot heavily taxed than Canada.

That's super cheap. Nice.

Wow you make a lot. I think I'll be over 35 when I earn that much.

That sounds reasonable.

I'm going to Boston in a few weeks for a holiday, what would you recommend? Fine to see the surrounding area as well

>I hope you don't mean $5000 per month? If not can young Canadians even afford that much?

They can't but that's what I consider a minimum income to not be broke AF

The average yearly salary here is £30,000, so around $37,500. I think that's basically the minimum if you want to live in London, because the rent is £550 a month minimum for a single bedroom in a shared house

So young Canadians are basically broke AF? I guess parents there are very supportive.

>£550 a month minimum for a single bedroom in a shared house
That's pretty expensive. It looks like western people earn more than us.

Californian cities are going to be quite expensive. However, the tradeoff with most expensive cities is there ARE good paying jobs. Honestly if you have a good college degree in america and lots of work experience, and you get a job in a big city, your household income should be north of $100,000 annually, or else something went wrong. Otherwise homeownership, living in places like Irvine comfortably, and saving for retirement just is not possible.

>London
Whoops, I didn't see it. In that case I think it's not very different than Tokyo.

median is 500 also i ajusted it for moscow where medium wage is 1000

In Canada you either make a shitload of money in the trades, working for the government, as a white collar professional like doctor or lawyer, or work at fucking mcdonalds for minimum wage, every high paying field is saturated as fuck and there's extreme competition to get in to anything, people will take on ridiculous debt to get ahead even if it means paying off loans for the next 40 years

Essentially, Canada is mcfucked

Some can live with 500€, i cannot understnd it, i need 4x the amount of money

>tfw did meme political science, currently scraping the barrel at $39k a year
>best friend who did CS is making almost triple that
REEE FUCKING NERD

I'd say at least 1200-1300€.

DELETE THIS

I'm getting a meme degree. It looks like I'm not going to move to California and earn big monies soon. fug.

Canada sounding like a tough place to live in for a guy like me who's just average at best at anything.

>Personal income of Russians shrank by 52.2% in January 2016 as compared to December 2015. According to the report by the state statistics body Rosstat, the monthly income in January averaged only 21365 rubles (about USD $291) though only a month ago it was 45212 rubles ($614).Mar 9, 2016

first link in google. also even 500 isn't enough "to live like a proper human being" even in russia. take off your pink glasses

>like me who's just average at best at anything.

You're average at everything because you don't work hard at anything.

Pittsburgh, I make around $3,200 a month VERY comfy in my 1 bedroom. da burgh is pretty cheap compared to many east coast cities when it comes to rent and cost of living, but it's a meme city.

Let me tell you what it's like to be average in Canada, either your uncle/friend gets you a job at the local union/engineering firm/oil refinery/government office, or you make fucking minimum wage at the local walmart, if you can navigate the bureaucracy you can get welfare even

Don't have a connection, eat shit! Maybe a company will show pity and hire you IF you have a 4.0 GPA your resume comes in first before the other 4500.

this is why god made crime

Exactly. Sometimes I feel like working hard at something and then I just stop it soon. I can't help it. I was born with no passion.

I just randomly googled Californian cities and it came up mane.

Come to think of it Japan isn't very different than that. I think my future is fucked. Time to start crossdressing and find an Uncle to connect with.

This sounds too familiar. I thought Canada wasn't like this :(
Plz recover ur economy

>Sometimes I feel like working hard at something and then I just stop it soon. I can't help it. I was born with no passion.

No you were born normal. You chose to be average.

Start choosing to be above average.

$600-$800 you will be fine
90% of people here own property and don't rent

True, most people I know sell weed or cocaine on the side, even white middle class baby boomers, I know completely average people who've went to jail for cocaine possession and firearms charges

I think this is why trail park boys was such a hit, some average people just trying to scrape by using less-than-scrupulous means, it really hit a chord

How is jail in Canada?

That's inspirational. Thanks Canada. I think I can finally be above average.

>books
>good dope
>bologna sandwiches
>chess games everyday

pretty dope desu

daamnnn niggaaaa

sounds like my jam.

How violent are those niggas? And is house arrest far less common now?

>That's inspirational. Thanks Canada. I think I can finally be above average.

You always could. You just chose not to.

Do it

Not in Paris, but for Grenoble:
600-700€ is the minimum for students
I own 900-1100€ depending on the month, and I live a descent life alone.
2000€ is the minimum if you want to actually breathe and live à healthy life.
You can find a room in a cool flat for No more than 300€ here

>all these low costs of living

wtf

I sustain a apartment of two rooms and 60sqm.
My wife that doesn't work.
And we eat well and healthy.
I have a car too.

All this is possible with me earning 1600€ per month (ca. 1800$).

We can't save much up tho.

>2000€ is the minimum if you want to actually breathe and live à healthy life
it depend where but with 2000€ you live really well. Everything depend on the rent of course. For paris itself, you need minimum 5000€imo, this town is fucking expensive

>falling for the" canada is first world" meme

top kek see It's just a bubble, like southern europe was pre-2007

pls respond

I need to prepare for prison, will it be cozy?

if you are living alone about 5k in a normal flat

no surprise there, big cities are expensive no matter where you go. Speaking of which, what's a good small French town, with concern to size and cost?

I've never been but its probably not that bad, just avoid drama, stick to a routine, be isolationist until you build some friendships or else people will take advantage of you by offering things and expecting repayment, avoid natives

I'm scared user.

Canadian prisons should be a breeze, r-right?

What did you do?

Nothing yet, just concerned in case familia. trying to prepare for the worst-case scenario

I know some scrawny white guy got 6 months for a handgun and crack-cocaine, he turned out fine and now works as a tradesman probably making a shitload of money, another guy I know had a few kilos of cocaine and multiple handguns, only got 10 years and parole after 5 or some shit

If you didn't murder anyone the time probably isn't that bad

>only got 10 years
that's no big deal, if you're on your deathbed or something.
Otherwise you're fucked. You don't seem to understand how long 10 years are.

Laramie WY, USA
I make below minimum wage through a stipend, but my apartment is only $430/month.

Wow that's not bad

I may or may not have committed a little fraud. Kinda sucks because I remembered before Harper cracked down everyone was getting house arrest for whitecollar crime.

Only 5 years then parole, for a Sup Forums user it's not that bad, only recovering NEET tier, doing 5 years in jail will make you WAY more prepared for life than some person who did 5 years in their moms basement

Makes u think

I remember hearing about some fat retard who kept scamming normies with tickets on kijiji and he would get out and do it over and over

350$

5 years for illegal weapons and kilos oc coke is nothing.

I don't know about outside the capital, but here:

20000-40000php/400-800usd: Modest, non-ghetto life
50000-60000php/1000-1200usd: Semi-comfortable
70000-90000php/1400-1800usd: Comfortable
100000+php/2000usd: Very-Comfortable

That's just if you're a single adult, though, ana if you don't have your own house (which many yuppies also don't have because rent is expensive here)

*because buying a house is expensive in the city. Buying a house outside the capital is relatively cheaper, though.

250-350$

I'm guessing you don't live in Berlin

Not true, 3000k are more than enough even to live in the center of Paris
>1500€ rent
>1000€ monthly expenses (and that's exaggerating a lot)
>you still have 500€
I mean a lot of people here are physically unable to eat outside of a restaurant, and can't have fun outside of a club. So that's where the remaining 500 end up going

In Sao Paulo, probably 2k dollars per month you would have the basics (shitty small apartment, food, health insurance, internet, etc).

350-400$/ mo.
Anything below that is dumpster diving territory

Berlin is one of the cheapest places to stay.

This is really hard to believe. I thought all major cities are expensive

450€ for 60sqm and in a good location.

gets down too 300€ for living in one of the numerous ghetto places there.

That's almost as expensive as in Sarajevo...

I'd say maybe 1000-1200 € if you live in Vilnius or Kaunas. Average, enough to live-tier flat for rent goes for about 200-300 €. Utilities maybe 100 € average. If you live alone, food is maybe another 100 € or more, depending on diet. So earning 1000 € you'd be left with 500 € to save for anything else - TV, computer, car, some flat upgrade etc. 1200 € would be comfortable tier I'd say.

Outside the few big cities - maybe 70-100 km away - 800 € would be enough. But that's quite hard to earn unless you have relatives in a good position or you break your back working in some metal factory.

Here, you can lead a decent middle class lifestyle if you make at least $USD 700 each month

$1500 USD to live comfortably on your own.

Around 400$ is enough if you live alone, you'll live pretty comfy.

Around 800$ is when you have a family.

If you have 1000$ or above you're going to live great.

>At least $1300 usd.
it's same here in sk 1300 for a month is deadline also no marriage no own house

1000 € in the north and in the big cities
800 € in the south
0 € if you live with mamma and papa

300€ after taxes to live like a piece of shit, (minimum wage is like roughly 200)
With 500€ after taxes you can live a very comfortable life, but bitch about how poor you are.
With 1000€ after taxes you can live a great life, but bitch about how you'd be making 10 times that for the same work in the west.
This is all assuming you have an apartment/house and don't have to pay rent, but rather bills and taxes.
Keep in mind we have a ~35% payroll tax, and most, and most people only ever know their net pay, and people get very autistic when the government refers to wages with gross numbers.

Spain

1500€ after taxes or so I guess

700-1000€ for rural areas

>>how much do you need to earn to live like a proper human being(like not ghetto level bad life) in your country?

Depends on location.
$400 in small towns, $700 in cities, $1000 in Moscow.

To be honest, we don't really know how lucky we are. Most families hold atleast one or more properties, so you don't have to pay rent, and rent is no higher than 100$ outside of Belgrade, and around 200$+ in it.

that happens even in spain

and you still have to pay rent at first when you leave your parents house

I also live in Grenoble,
I earn 1800€ after tax,
I pay 700€ for apartment loan, 230€ for housing tax, 150€ for apartment charges, 100€ for other bills.
that's already 2/3 of my income

but at least I own an apartment

Also our housing market is rather cheap.
You could buy a good apartment for like 25k $, most little towns have apartment prices around 10k to 30k. Downtown Belgrade apartment would cost about 50k.

For example, I bought an apartment in my little town for 11k $, 49sqm, good isolation and everything.

Houses are rather cheap too, since there's a migration towards the cities. You could buy a good house with a good amount of land for about 25k $.