Why isn't this Sup Forumscore

Why isn't this Sup Forumscore
its easily the best rock album this decade
stop being hipster faggots
R U MINE is sex in music form

I'll agree Sup Forums are retarded to not like them out of edge fear but that's a dangerous thing to claim about the album

I bet you think the Foo Fighters or Bloodhound Gang were the band of the 90s too

never heard of them

this album is fine but its sooooo overrated by most people who think they're into music that it's hard to not be a contrarian fuck about it if you don't think it's like Is This It 2.5 or something. it's a fine pop rock album, it's the alt rock equivalent of Sigh No More, and that's not a bad thing, but it's also not doing almost anything that interesting, which is why it isn't Sup Forumscore

>which is why it isn't Sup Forumscore

That and the definition of Sup Forumscore is ''the most constantly spammed albums''

Because it's their weakest album and we already have The Queens of the Stone Age to provide this type of music better than they can

Their debut could be Sup Forumscore though, if it wasn't already NME-core

It's not the weakest, it's the most polished. Which is what the general public likes.

*normies

Nah, it's their weakest. Their debut was great, and they've been declining in quality since. It's not bad, it's just nowhere near being their best. Most of the singles were really good, but the rest of it was just alright.

i'd amend that to "albums beloved by people who think they're too cool for muse but somehow not too cool for radiohead"

I listen to them by song, not album, so I'd somewhat agree with that. They aren't very consistent but they have pockets of good stuff

Me too! I never really devour music by album, so when I get albums where I like every song, it really sticks to me. I only liked Do I wanna Know from this album.

When I listened to it, I didn't get past the second track because it was the most generic rock song you could ever put out.
If I want to listen to classic rock, I listen to Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones or the Replacements, not this manufactured shit for "muh wrong generation" teenagers

>never heard of the Foo Fighters
opiniondiscarded.jpg

?? this doesnt sound almost anything like any of those bands

>do i fit in yet

Humbug is objectively their best album and should be the one to be Sup Forumscore.

Suckit and See was atrocious.

AM is fine due to its sound. The mix of that type of dark neo-r&b inspired by Drake and Weeknd with Qotsa type of rock is pretty neat, despite being really hit or miss.

Compare this to their debut is like comparing shit to your fave meal. Same goes for Favourite Wors Nightmare, holy shit in those two albums alex goes crazy with the lyricisms and the delivery. Humbug is excellent but different. Kinda gives a Doors psych vibe.

This is shite bare 5 tracks or so and im a big fan of theirs.

Have you heard Arctic Momkeys first album? You might like it more. It's not really innovative but it's not AM.

>y is this not mucore Xd

Because this is better.

Humbug is definitely their best album. It might take a while to get into, but once you learn to appreciate it, it is objectively the best Arctic Monkeys album.

I like AM but they get progressively more derivative with every album, its such a bizarre trajectory for a band.

fuck off you fucking retard

All the songs on that album literally sound the same it gives me cancer

It baffles me how the critics panned the album. Technically more complex, aesthetically stronger, consistent atmosphere, Turner at the top of his lyrical game, etc. I think most people didn't give it the chance it deserve and wanted more of the instantly catchy am lad rock they were used to.

>its easily the best rock album this decade

But this exists

Tru

Yeah, I liked it a lot when I was 14/15, and it's definitely a catchy album.
But I think Arctic Monkeys aren't for me anymore though.
It's like Jamie T, the kind of music I enjoyed when I was just discovering parties and alcohol, but now I want thing that are more dissonant and noisy, or I don't know, things to which I connect more as a disenchanted young adult.

I liked Favourite Worst Nightmare the best

It's like the 4th best Arctic Monkeys record