/ae/ - Autechre

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/_Fenouille__/status/792471739041210368
scontent-mia1-1.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/14876916_1795853563991340_5192968507175731200_n.mp4
instagram.com/p/BMMV2uElUcx/
youtube.com/watch?v=V3brU1aCCSM
youtube.com/watch?v=ZEkcwbHbz8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=JSpS3TFS3P0&t=1801s
youtube.com/watch?v=pOy94biQGNA
youtube.com/watch?v=0NySz4SR-0Q
instagram.com/p/BMOuawJjS3D/
youtube.com/watch?v=y8fAnmutaGo
soundcloud.com/keinobjekt/freerotation-2014-dj-set-recorded-live
youtube.com/watch?v=WILW2h7HBek
youtube.com/watch?v=A2XO1FZuhxA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

twitter.com/_Fenouille__/status/792471739041210368
scontent-mia1-1.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/14876916_1795853563991340_5192968507175731200_n.mp4

First.

Treale has best ae coda, prove me wrong.

sounds great, cant wait to see them next week

autechre more like aw heck, err, I'd rather be listening to something ELSE

cant stop listening to untilted

saw them last night. great show. I've only listened to LP5 and Amber and I love both of them.

more like something elseq

what was it like? can you describe what you've heard?

>mfw an ae thread lasts 5 days and gets to 300 replies

move over /kpg/

They play in the dark, as you probably already know.
they play a lot of different shit, always changing the sound, you never ever have a beat that you can "dance" to. The whole idea, in my opinion, is a continuous deconstruction of the sound they just created. They create a "schema", then deconstruct it, which lead you to another "schema", which they will deconstruct, etc, always. Sometimes it's close to techno, sometimes more glitchy, sometimes almost ambient, but the whole idea is that they keep modifying, sequencing that sound. Really interesting.

>never ever have a beat that you can "dance" to

you're just not on enough drugs my dude

i was sober when i saw them and i still managed to dance throughout their whole set

well, you can dance (I did, or I tried to lol), but not on any beat, that's what I mean.

There were a few times where I thought "I wish I was on drugs", because it's so abstract that drugs could help to reach more abstract levels of apprehension, but the whole experience was still really great. I like "uplifting" show more (I like to mosh desu), but it was still interesting.

kek
why aren't there more cute male musician generals like these? that would be notably more interesting than kpg and wpop generals

because most of Sup Forums is straight males lol

Most intricate AE tracks?

>1 1 is

Are they really 'cute' though or do they just appear so because they're ae?

don't die yet

this

any other bootlegs from the new set?

Favorite EP lads?
I've been enjoying L-Event lately

garbage cant be beat

Altichyre is better than Altibzz.

are u on crack lad

It sounds better to my ears. That said I don't see why so many people say Quaristice (Versions) is better than Quaristice overall.

yeah I'm messing with you m8. love altibzz but sometimes I think it overstays it welcome jussssst a little bit.

agree with you on quaristice. that whole era is fantastic for me though.

instagram.com/p/BMMV2uElUcx/

sounds like
youtube.com/watch?v=V3brU1aCCSM

I imagine Altibzz as a fantastic opening track and Altichyre its opposite.
Gantz Graf with quaristice.quadrange.ep behind it

oi move along lad

Anvil Vapre,

Anti. This is the track that really got me into autechre
youtube.com/watch?v=ZEkcwbHbz8Y

incunabula more like incunabullshit

Bootlegs when?

this guy is just a meme right?

Been away from Sup Forums for a long time.
What's the general consensus for elseq? Took me a while to get in to it and to penetrate that much music but I think it's yet another masterpiece.

Is Untitled regarded as not that good? I'm most familiar with their newer stuff and Untitled seems a bit shit.

like most of their stuff, opinion is pretty split amongst fans. personally, i think it's their weakest and it was pretty unpopular with critics as well.

amber more like shite timbre

tri repetae more like why repeat it?

I dunno, I enjoy Untilted a lot. Draft is my favourite of that era but Untilted falls in second, I love how unrelenting some of the beats are.

Yeah it's definitely hard to say one way or the other, especially when their music rewards repeated listens. This one though just doesn't grab me much even after listening quite a few times. Of course I will keep at it but it definitely feel like their weakest that I've heard so far.

chiastic slide more like gay-tastic shite

yeah, i'm not a big fan but it still has it moments. the thing is that it's their most composite release, so there are bits of the tracks i really like even if the tracks don't completely do it for me as a whole.

the live shows from that era are pretty ace though, in fact i listen to those sets more than the album itself.

youtube.com/watch?v=JSpS3TFS3P0&t=1801s
youtube.com/watch?v=pOy94biQGNA

I would say the majority (or vocal majority) enjoy it. The whole point of listening to autechre is for the atmosphere, and it's absolutely present on the release. Best since Quaristice: Oversteps was meh and exai had no flow.

I originally liked Untilted, but it's just too calculated, and many parts on the release made me question whether the software or Sean/Rob were doing more.

untilted was all hardware m8

That's interesting to say that about Exai, I loved it was perfect.

It was just a weird album for that time in their career

I'll admit first disk was perfect (FLeure - Bladelores) then just lost its flow. Glad we keep getting more music each album, though.

Anyone know what their live setup was like during the Tri Rep tour? The drums on that Flex 1996 bootleg are fucking massive

i'm pretty sure they were mostly using an r-8 then? maybe?

tracks that grew on you?

youtube.com/watch?v=0NySz4SR-0Q

>imagining pic snapping his fingers in Stud

ew no

so who the faggot was that wearing Dales of Norway sweater and Wtaps shoes on yesteday shows at Gent?

this might actually be my favorite track on exai, it's so underrated.

i have a question for you guys, a grammatical one (english isn't my native tongue (although it's getting close)): i've seen people using "off" as a preposition here (as in "a song off Exai") but i remember being taught to use "on". are both correct here?

Yes, but "off" is informal. Think about taking a song off an album and listening to it.

I though they were called Buildings

How do you pronounce Autechre?

Damn, they have gotten old

which album do you mean? all of their lps have titles afaik

2016 edition

aw-tech-er

wheres elseq fit on that

Cichlisuite, it's just perfect

it's in the background

fug

Seeing them in a couple of days. I heard they play in pitch black darkness. I'm excited how many north face jackets I'll see.

Ep7 + chiastic to the right, Quaristice to the left, Tri rep up.

I don't really see Oversteps as their "saddest" release. Sure there's some wistful or melancholic tracks on it, but tracks like r ess, redfall, qplay etc are quite uplifting.

can someone make a political spectrum pic like this

instagram.com/p/BMOuawJjS3D/

autechre at 7:06:
youtube.com/watch?v=y8fAnmutaGo

i can see myself there lmao..Had a great time

holy shit this is dark (quite literally)
I'm hyped for Hamburg

the new stuff sounds fucking amazing, cant wait

Holy shit at autechre going metal

If you don't think Rob is qt then something is wrong w you

Some of this is reminding me of MCR Quarter.

The boys are big on Objekt. Pretty sure they've had him open.

Also, Objekt works Second Scepe into his Freerotation 2014 mix at 1:16:00
soundcloud.com/keinobjekt/freerotation-2014-dj-set-recorded-live

youtube.com/watch?v=WILW2h7HBek

heres 40 mins from yesterday

this is very confield to me

Oh wow, I'm just skimming it so I don't totally spoil myself but this sounds so different from AE_live and elseq.

Hopefully the soundboards will be up before Christmas...

>24:30

Hell yes more of those insane screeching sub harmonics from last tour, they are really quite beautiful and emotive imo.

So are we gonna have to wait another 3 years for the next album or

Probably, maybe with an ep in between. Is that unreasonable to you?

Yes :(

There'll prob be more ae live at least.

>no one has said envane

Garbage, definitely.

Who /Bristol/ here?

youtube.com/watch?v=A2XO1FZuhxA

This is my turn tonight, I'm so fucking hyped, I've wanted to see them since 5 years ago. Only regret is that I didn't score some weed before, but it's all right.
I will try to record the set with my phone. I don't know if I should try to put some tape on the microphone, but anyway I hope they will release the tour soundboards in the end.

Just remember that show will be completely dark,like literally dark..You're gonna have good time desu but dont forget to wear techwear cloths to be /fa/as fuck

HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO COMPETE?

they didn't age well

Gutted it'll be in the baithole that is Motion. Black Swan would have been preferable, for vibe alone.

Fuck you

>10:32

LADS

>autechre
>/fa/as fuck