/tinnitus/

/tinnitus/ is coming back for round 2

>share some stories
>hang out with the /tinnitus/ club
>what does your tinnitus sound like?
>ask questions
>chill out

The album that started it all

Went to swans concert in the night from yesterday to today. Front line, no ear protection. I'm in full regret mode since the concert stopped. I now think that they're name come from the sound of the tinnitus. A continuous frequency that sometimes change and sometimes make some sort of melody, harmony.
Now i'm pretty sure most of the members are almost deaf, especially hahn.

Feeling more in my right ear. When I play loud music in my car sometimes I feel a sharp pain in it for a second so I turn the music down.

Ear pain was the entire reason I bought headphones.
Every time I tried to listen with earphones it would just fucking hurt too much after a few minutes. With headphones it's much better.

Yep. That sounds like the big ''T'' alright.
You'll get used to it. Ignore it.

bump baby

Tinnitus master race here

I get a very high pitched wine, much louder in my right ear than my left, along with I a low hum.

Had it since I was a kid, thought it was normal for years, until I heard someone describe what tinnitus was. Used to think the low hum was central heating or something.

Now I can enjoy Drone whenever I want.

Nice. I've also had it since a little lad. It was much better before I knew what it was tho.

>started going to shows a lot in 2010
>started playing shows around 2012
>didn't start regularly wearing protection until 2013

If I'm in a completely silent room I can still hear a light ringing most of the time. It's not too difficult to ignore though. Then there's some days when I get a really loud ringing out of nowhere that lasts for a couple minutes.

same

also my tinnitus gets louder when I'm tired, which is super irritating.
it sounds like weeeeEEEEEEEEEeeeeeEEEEE

stop blasting shit really loud you fucking faggots
the only time I ever got temporary tinnitus was from listening to album in pic related

too late for that desu senpai

Let out your EEEEE feels. Bump.

mine's not too loud, it's a high pitched ringing sound i guess? Idk. bit like static noise maybe. hard to describe.
it doesn't really bother me unless i try to listen to calm or somewhat quiet music (ambient, classical, etc).
Sometimes I get sad because the tinnitus is louder than the music.

8+ years now. Fucking metal consert and me being a dumb teenager.

oh yeah i forgot about anothger thing that bothers me about tinnitus.Other sounds! That can be very irritating and sometimes painful.
The worst sound i think is fans & ventilation systems and vaccuum cleaners and stuff.
Dvd player on stand by and similar things I dislike as well.
For some reason I don't like the sound of showers when I'm not in the shower.. it's weird, but I can't stand it when my so showers with the door open. if I shower it's fine though.

I've had tinnitus for as long as I can remember. I don't really notice it's either completely silent or someone talks about tinnitus.

Mine is like a sine wave that never ends.

Tinnitus in vidya gaems is pretty spooky desu. You'll hear a flashbang and think your tinnitus got worse. Fucking DOUBLE tinnitus.

>or someone else talks about tinnitus
sorry for this thread

my tinnitus sounds like a really small bell jangling at fucking light speed

i play a lot of video games but it doesn't bother me really. Gun sounds in valve games are always terrible though, so i keep the volume down more than usual. I can imagine flashbangs in counter strike is awful (i haven't actually played cs myself)

I've had very mild tinnitus since i was a kid. doesn't bother me at all. I don't even notice it unless someone mentions it like this thread

1. Always wear ear protection in the future. Even if you don't think it will be as loud as Swans
2. The members of the band almost undoubtedly do, especially if they play as loud as I'm led to believe.
3. Everyone reacts differently. Chances are it will go away in the next few days for you. But when I went to my first show and didn't wear ear plugs it lasted like a month and over the years has gotten better and worse again at random times.

Does anyone ever get that hissing sound that feels like it's coming from inside you head? Like I think of typical tinnitus as the ringing in your ears. But sometimes I get this hissing sound that is prominent no matter what I do. Even if I listen to music or turn on background sounds it stays at the same volume.

I had severe tinnitus a year ago but I'm cured now. But something that's always been stuck with me since is being concious of my ears and whether they fell "full" or not, so im always clenching my jaw CONSTANTLY 24 FUCKING 7 to balance the fullness of each ear. Maybe max for like an hour a day do I ever feel like its balanced with both ears feeling fully opened and not clogged somehow. Sometimes it gets so bad that I break my "hold your ears and blow your nose no more than once an hour" rule by doing it 5-10 times within a short time period.

I'm just constantly checking this crackign sound in my ears and I hate it. I will never go back to being unaware of it, and I don't know if its because my ears actually hear it more now, or if everyone can technically hear it and just aren't fully aware of it all the time like I am because of those extreme months of tinnitus and being aware of ears in general.

Been playing with my band w/o headphones. That started it. Then I stood three rows back in front of the Marshall towers at a Dinosaur Jr. show. My cochleas imploded.

Funny. When I played my guitar with headphones my tinnitus got worse.

im not exactly sure that i have tinnitus bc all it is is if the room is completely silent theres a very quiet ringing and every so often ill go completely deaf in one ear for couple seconds and be fine afterwards

That's pretty much all mine was when I was younger. It got worse when I started going to shows and playing in bands. Just wear earplugs and you should be ok.

I had mine since i was young.
Never put much thought into it, but i guess that going to concerts made it worse. I always carry a pair of earplugs with me, but it just sounds like shit with them on.
The most noisy thing i heard live was probably the new GY!BE's album.
My tinnitus got a bit better since my earbuds broke and i don't listen to music 24/7 anymore.