Reddit's Favorite Songs

are they more patrician than us?

reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/5a0eab/which_song_is_1010_for_you/

Im surprised Johnny Cash - Hurt was not first.

That's a good story

>Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd

>EDIT: For the plebs that haven't listened to it yet or those just wanting to hear it again, here are some links.

>Oasis
People take Oasis seriously?

it's probably just montie

BarboBapkins is some shit he'd come up with too

god damn

God fucking damn it

>I'm more of a Storm man

that must have sounded really cool in his head

What a nice mix :)

are threads like that the reason people hate reddit? they all seem like a bunch of phonies

I don't know what the fuck Sleep is doing on that list

nice reference.

/r/music is pretty awful, check that place out

How do people end up which such boring tastes? Even when I was fairly new to music, my picks my have been pleb, but they wouldn't have been so bland.

This list looks like an algorithm made it.

>r/books commenting on r/music

>ctrl+f l'amour toujours
>0 results
Kek

>In an Aeroplane Over the Sea is one of the most underrated albums of all time, imho.

Reddit's hugely varied, and the "defaults" are just the shitty tip of the iceberg and pretty awful.
I can't say any of its subreddits are any good for discussing music, but some are fun, some are interesting and some are helpful for other things and hobbies.

>complain about redditors
>make an unnecessary heavy-handed reference
You are one buddy

Reminder that if you asked Sup Forums or Sup Forums as a whole for their favorite songs, it'd probably look very similar.

The /r/indieheads essentials list is pretty much exactly the same as the ones here. Stopping being faggots, you're not better than anyone else for browsing a different website.

not all of reddit is THAT bad desu senpai. there are some p good subreddits out there.

Sup Forums is barely distinguishable from leddit at this point so who cares

>song - artist
Fuck people who do this.

>you're not better than anyone else for browsing a different website.
No, but the people such as yourself that browse Reddit are largely cancerous and not are not in touch at all with Sup Forums culture, leading to tolerance of undesirables and the degradation of the site.

All the "interesting" subs are completely dead

All that proves is that there's far too big a crossover between the two sites. Sup Forums and Sup Forums have been two of the worst boards on this site for a while now so no surprise that the crossover is particularly pronounced on them.

t. Newfag and death grips fan

Quality retort friend

Reddit does only a couple things better than Sup Forums but what it does do better it does WAY better
Case in point: the unresolved mysteries subreddit is fuckingg amazing and has a writeup on just about everything you might want to read about, while /x/ is filled with memey role-players

Why do you care?

>Look guys, I like Beethoven and Ennio :D

Fucking kill yourselves

at least they're shitting on that fucking awful disturbed cover

i've never seen a post start so well then crash and burn like that before

>In an Aeroplane Over the Sea is one of the most underrated albums of all time, imho.

Jesus

haha reddit is so full of plebs am i right guys?

I was wearing my Dark Side shirt one time (I'm a huge Floyd fan, my friend bought it for me) and a dude seriously walked up to me once when I was eating lunch and starting singing Comfortably Numb. For a really uncomfortable amount of time. Then he started singing Time.
Why did people have to do this to Pink Floyd? Why did people have to make them into a normie band? Just because of like 4 radio hits.

>title - artist
classic reddit

Thanks for joining us from reddit tonight

Pink Floyd is my favorite band but anytime I talk about them people sing "we don't need no education" and then I want to kill myself.

>le Sup Forums and reddit are the same and i'm somehow above both meme

honestly fuck off. you know for a fact that while many Sup Forums users also use reddit, not the majority of reddit uses Sup Forums

>(yes, I know)
Oh my god, you watch NSP. You're so special.

More like Rain Man

>Leddit likes U2
What's next, are they going to do a Coldplay vs Muse vs Blur debate?

Ah, the daily obsessing over reddit thread.

>Sup Forums is barely distinguishable from leddit
You've gotta be joking. At least on Sup Forums we actually discuss music. You regularly hear conversation about why a song is good rather than just about how a song is good. A typical r/music thread is: "Listen to this popular song from 15 years ago! Pretty good right?" And then all the comments are: "Yeah I remember this, it is pretty good!"

Here, you have threads stating that this is my favorite album and here's why. This is my favorite song because of this aspect of it. I really like the production of this track because of x. We actually discuss music here despite all the memes and shitposting.

As someone who's favorite song is probably everybody wants to rule the world I am very triggered

upvoted
edit: thanks for the gold stranger :)

Oh yeah, that's another thing. The ability to upvote someone completely destroys the ability to have a conversation about anything. How can you change somebody's mind about something when the only opinion they hear is the one that the most people agree with? You'll never hear anything that can change your point of view. Memeing 21 Pilots could quickly turn into everybody agreeing that they're the greatest band of the generation because there's no one around to tell you how shit they are.

there's nothing really wrong with any of the songs most upvoted, but what is wrong is the most upvoted comments that go along with them

like what the fuck is wrong with redditors that completely obliterates their sense of humor?

>r/music is the only place on reddit for music discussion

>reddit doesn't literally obsess over Sup Forums

Kek. 0/10.

Talk to me when the Sup Forums subreddit gets deleted and we get a reddit board.

hahaha you are delusional as fuck Sup Forums is just as clueless as leddit

t. redditor in denial that the entire format of the site is such garbage horse shit that nothing on that site is worth reading unironically

I was like that 5 years ago before I really understood why reddit was hated here and how toxic and cancerous it's community and sensibility is to a place like Sup Forums

>Here, you have threads stating that this is my favorite album and here's why. This is my favorite song because of this aspect of it. I really like the production of this track because of x. We actually discuss music here despite all the memes and shitposting.

Literally point me to ONE example

It's good as a tech support forum but nothing else

>These are real people

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I use reddit for football news because Sup Forums is the worst board

>no one will ever do a ama on Sup Forums

Godspeed are normcore, dilwidit

what are you on about? Tay comes here daily

you guys either must not browse here much or must only visit bait threads

there are consistently threads with good discussion on Sup Forums

that said, /r/letstalkmusic is better for discussion, although it's pretty slow

I've been here almost every day for the past six years and I've never seen actual music discussion.

Lil b, viper and that guy from yes have all done amas on mu before.

you're an idiot dude. what constitutes "actual music discussion" to you? just because people here insult people and post memes and reaction images doesn't mean that there isn't legitimate discussion

>and we get a reddit board.
But we already have Sup Forums?

Reddit has a billion different subforums. If Sup Forums had anywhere near the same number, we for sure would have a reddit board.
On a whole, the chance of Sup Forums being mentioned on your average reddit thread are a lot lower than the reverse.

/r/letstalkmusic is just as shit,.
Some users are okay but the userbase is pretty horribly uninformed about music and the fact that they take themselves so seriously makes it more insufferable. It's pretty much /r/music through a pretentious filter.

you know, user, if i ever start a band and it becomes popular, i promise i'll do an ama in here
for you

kek

>Un-ironic exclamation points

>DonĀ“t just say it, Do it fagot

The Gash, There is a Light and The Great Beyond are classics, but fuck all the other songs

this
people who complain about reddit on Sup Forums are just looking for validation to boost their ego
if you don't like the site then don't use it you retard

>the userbase is pretty horribly uninformed about music and the fact that they take themselves so seriously makes it more insufferable

there are shit posts on there just like there are shit threads on here. the majority who post there are pretty informed, and at least they're putting the effort into trying to start actual discussion

honestly tell me where you think the best site to discuss music is? or is no one as informed as you?

>didn't provide an example

deadmau5 browses Sup Forums

who gives a fuck, they suck and so do we

Music theory threads are actually pretty good when they don't start off with some stupid bait like "name ONE (1) reason why you should ever learn music theory"

I go on r/letstalkmusic occasionally and yeah, while it's not perfect, it's far better than the cesspool that is r/music and its probably better than here too

Deakin
Viper
That guy from Diiv
Deadmau5

Taylor Swift also browses

>wants me to provide an example so he can call it shit

why would i do that

thank you for posting the book cover so i could understand your shitty reference

>that guy from yes
????

>literally cannot provide even one example of actual discussion on Sup Forums

Yeah, they're putting in effort, that's obvious - Everyone writes up these walls of text and always emphasises how its a subreddit to have actual ~~quality discussion~~ - but that's completely besides the point of whether its a good forum or not.
It feels very forced, almost like a bunch of teenagers trying to talk how they think educated adults talk.

Like I said, there are some good commentors who know what they're talking about, but on a whole it's nowhere near good enough to justify how fucking seriously they take themselves. I guess I just don't like their atmosphere.

Sup Forums varies a lot but it probably is my favourite place for discussing music on the internet, and its a lot more easy going.
Save for maybe a couple of small forums I lurk on.

also extremely interested

>rating songs not albuns
just reddit being reddit. utter plebs.

but now Sup Forums is as pleb as reddit it's fucking disgusting.

How about literally the first thread on Sup Forums when I posted this:

Indieheads is way too political for my taste. They pretty much circlejerk Hillary Clinton for president.

>Here, you have threads stating that this is my favorite album and here's why. This is my favorite song because of this aspect of it. I really like the production of this track because of x. We actually discuss music here despite all the memes and shitposting.
Shut the fuck up and wash the taste of moot's cock out of your mouth you cringy high school bitch
The only thing separating Sup Forums from /r/Music is the negativity here and the particular albums that each community mashes their cocks over and other than that they could be one and the same

FlyLo did

Sup newfriend!

I've been on Sup Forums since late 2005, Sup Forums specifically since sometime around 2008/2009. I browse Reddit daily, registered user since five years back. Just thought you should know.

this. oasis are literally a one hit wonder manufactured pop group